Ichimoku Kinkou Hyou (Itchy Mushrooms)

Ichimoku Kinkou Hyou (Itchy Mushrooms)

Postby blid2def » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:39 pm

Anyone here uses Itchy Mushrooms for their TA work? If so, would you like to exchange ideas on this thread? I'm just starting to test IKH for my equities trading, although I reckon it's used more often than not by forex traders. Am thinking of tapping on the knowledge of people familiar with the system to critique my opinion of various stocks' Itchy Mushroom charts.
blid2def
Permanent Loafer

Re: TA Exchange: Ichimoku Kinko Hyo (Itchy Mushrooms)

Postby kennynah » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:56 pm

great that you started this thread....longing for some solid TA exchanges...especially this Itchy Kinky stuff.. let me go spend some time and discover....and be back
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby blid2def » Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:06 pm

For those interested, this is the most complete resource I can find on the web so far for the itchy mushrooms:
http://www.kumotrader.com/ichimoku_wiki ... =Main_Page

And this is a forum for itchy mushroom eaters:
http://www.kumotrader.com/forum/

The traffic isn't very high for the mushroom restaurant, so I was hoping to find fellow connoisseurs here. There's only one English book on it so far, and it's not available in the library yet, nor is it easy to find (out of stock everywhere - even in the US).
blid2def
Permanent Loafer

Postby blid2def » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:34 pm

Okay, I'll kick off with a look at McAfee [symbol]MFE[/symbol]. This one doesn't look like a convincing sell to me - maybe it'll be good for a quick hit-and-run if you're happy with a dollar or two. Really hope there are itchy mushroom chefs here who can tell me what's right / wrong with my analysis.

Itchy Mushroom Daily

Itchy Mushroom Weekly

Conventional TA
blid2def
Permanent Loafer

Postby iam802 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:55 pm

How does it work?

Are the lines drawn the same 'moving average' (in conventional TA) or do we have to re-calculate and plot some special lines to do the 'mushroom' analysis?
1. Always wait for the setup. NO SETUP; NO TRADE

2. The trend will END but I don't know WHEN.

TA and Options stuffs on InvestIdeas:
The Ichimoku Thread | Option Strategies Thread | Japanese Candlesticks Thread
iam802
Big Boss

Postby HengHeng » Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:11 pm

i see stars liaoz ..
Beh Ki Jiu Lou , Beh lou Jiu Ki lor < Newton's law of gravity , but what don't might not come back

In the game of poker , "if you've been in the game 30mins and you don't know who the patsy is, you are the patsy
HengHeng
Permanent Loafer

Postby blid2def » Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:40 pm

iam802 wrote:How does it work?

Are the lines drawn the same 'moving average' (in conventional TA) or do we have to re-calculate and plot some special lines to do the 'mushroom' analysis?

Eh... I think easier if you read the link I gave, 'cos there are like 3 lines + 2 lines forming a cloud - so it's hard for me to explain (I can cut and paste lah, but serve no purpose lol).

In short:

1. there are 2 main lines which are averages of the highest highs and lowest lows over n-periods (9 days and 26 days).

2. the cloud is formed by 2 lines - one is the average of the first 2 lines shifted forward 26 periods, the other is the average of the highest highs and lowest lows over 52 periods, shifted forward 26 periods; cloud shows volatility, and support/resistance strength

3. a final line which is the shadow of the current price action, shifted back 26 periods; this often acts as the confirmation signal

It's quite confusing at first glance, but after a while, it becomes easier to understand / grasp the concepts. I'm however, very new to this as well, and am hoping one of our members is familiar with this system and is able/willing to share his/her thoughts on my analysis.
blid2def
Permanent Loafer

Postby blid2def » Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:42 pm

HengHeng wrote:i see stars liaoz ..

LOL okay lah, give you a star again:

blid2def
Permanent Loafer

Postby kennynah » Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:45 pm

i think u need to give me one or two as well.... wahliao....tough indicator to use man....only u can understand the details.... :?: :?: :?
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby blid2def » Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:50 pm

kennynah wrote:i think u need to give me one or two as well.... wahliao....tough indicator to use man....only u can understand the details.... :?: :?: :?

ImageImageImageImage
blid2def
Permanent Loafer

Next

Return to Other Investment Instruments & Ideas