Auto Refreshing Button

Auto Refreshing Button

Postby sesdaqfan » Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:41 pm

I mean a button or option where user can have their screen automatically refreshed say every 1 minute or a user specificied time. I hope I make it clearer now?
sesdaqfan
Coolie

Re: Auto refreshing button

Postby blid2def » Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:54 pm

Ah, so you mean you look at say a page, and on regular intervals, new posts are refreshed on that page, like the flight display board at the airport.

Hmm... okay, noted your request. I'm not inclined to do that now and I don't think that's the best use of bandwidth as well. However, that's not to say something similar won't be available in future. There's something I'm waiting for, from the forum development community, that might address your need. There's no due date on that yet, but I'll keep folks posted.
blid2def
Permanent Loafer

Postby kennynah » Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:04 pm

GR : while at this...how about "auto refreshing spray" coming out from your forum, through my machine audio speakers and refresh my place of work.... no problem... will wait for forum development community, to address my Want.

and Thanks...appreciate your attention....
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby iam802 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:10 pm

I use Opera browser. ( http://opera.com )

It has a 'reload every X sec' feature.

Never use the feature though. As GR has said, it might eat up the bandwidth.

Maybe just use combination of 'View New Post' and 'Subscribe Topic' to stay on top of discussions.
1. Always wait for the setup. NO SETUP; NO TRADE

2. The trend will END but I don't know WHEN.

TA and Options stuffs on InvestIdeas:
The Ichimoku Thread | Option Strategies Thread | Japanese Candlesticks Thread
iam802
Big Boss

Postby sesdaqfan » Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:11 pm

Hi Kenny,
If I'm not wrong. Already have it. Computers can help you to activate almost anything now. Its what microsoft is developing.
sesdaqfan
Coolie

Postby kennynah » Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:13 pm

alo SF yet again for the 3rd time today...hahaha...

o'reily ?

on a side note... i still wont buy MSFT shares ....hahaha... maybe 20 years later...still ~$30/share... :lol:
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby sesdaqfan » Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:19 pm

[quote="kennynah"]alo SF yet again for the 3rd time today...hahaha...

o'reily ?

quote]
What are you saying?
sesdaqfan
Coolie

Postby kennynah » Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:33 pm

i meant... "oh is it...i didnt know"....thanks for telling me...like dat...

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby la papillion » Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:39 pm

There's also an add on extension if you're using Firefox internet browser instead of IE, called Check4Change. It allows one to periodically check for changes within a webpage. You can check every sec, min, hr (all configurable), with options to use a pop-up alert or play a sound once there are changes.

Nifty tool! :)
An investment operation is one which, upon thorough analysis promises safety of principal and an adequate return - Benjamin Graham
la papillion
Boss' Left Hand Person

Postby kennynah » Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:50 pm

lapap : where can i find this configuration...i dabbled at the "tool" portion...cant find it...
thanks.

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Next

Return to Feature & Support Requests + Bug Reports