Books 01 (May 08 - Oct 08)

Re: Books

Postby la papillion » Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:49 pm

Lena, unfortunately, not many pple I teach have the habit of reading. They read magazines or comics. Hell, they don't even want to read their textbooks for exams, let alone other sort of books. Quite a waste of resources in the national library. Most pple are there for the free internet, power point and the aircon.
An investment operation is one which, upon thorough analysis promises safety of principal and an adequate return - Benjamin Graham
la papillion
Boss' Left Hand Person

Postby kennynah » Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:55 pm

i was just at the library@esplanade this afternoon....went to the end and gazed at the on going IR development...the merlion and CBD skyline... very shiok.... many sat on the cozy couches reading newspaper...many looked like they are unemployed or retired old folks...

later on went to hagan daz for some ais klim.... not bad environment...and i learnt something new about hagan daz.... they are american...hahaha...and i've always thought they were belgium or dutch...hahaha...

so....go to the esplanade..and learn some thing new.... :lol:
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby la papillion » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:00 am

K, I used to go to esplanade every sat and sun for their free music performance at the outdoor area. But since they renovating it (dunno if it's done or not), I no longer frequent there :) hoho, so free ah :)
An investment operation is one which, upon thorough analysis promises safety of principal and an adequate return - Benjamin Graham
la papillion
Boss' Left Hand Person

Postby kennynah » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:03 am

lapap, i see some works-in-progress around the stage area...i suppose u mean that structure facing the sea??
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby la papillion » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:08 am

K, indeed..it's the very same :) I like going there, reminds me of HK :) Esp when the wind is blowing hard and the weather turns cold towards the end of year.
la papillion
Boss' Left Hand Person

Postby memphisb » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:11 am

i have always remind myself that I ve contributed tax for the facilities and encourage my family to make good use of library.

:) why give up the place for abnn and tiong to use??

sorry but I am trying not to promote racist here.
1000 book challenge. 13 down, 987 to go. Huatopedia has become my loses support group. Recent: Anthony Bolton, Investing against the Tide. Current Jim Rogers, A Bull In China.
memphisb
Coolie

Postby blid2def » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:26 am

Not sure why you needed to bring that statement in then. I find it unwarranted. They have as much rights to use the library as us, and if we don't use it, it's our own problem (if it's even a problem).
blid2def
Permanent Loafer

Postby kennynah » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:27 am

memphisb wrote:i have always remind myself that I ve contributed tax for the facilities and encourage my family to make good use of library.

:) why give up the place for abnn and tiong to use??

sorry but I am trying not to promote racist here.

bordering precariously close to it....though.... 8-)

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby kennynah » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:32 am

la papillion wrote:K, indeed..it's the very same :) I like going there, reminds me of HK :) Esp when the wind is blowing hard and the weather turns cold towards the end of year.

and oh by the way...as i was just walking towards that stage...i saw Harry's the drinking hole...advertisement says $5/ net per mug of beer...i suppose during happy hours....but hor...Harry's.... give me free beer oso i wont go...

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby blid2def » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:42 am

You see our people too up lah. Everybody hide behind monitor... scarly all the nice nice theory, picture, etc. is read and paste from some library book one. Hahahahahahahahaha...

Wahlao, think I just teck chuay a lot of people. Better siam! Hahahahahaha...
blid2def
Permanent Loafer

PreviousNext

Return to Archives