Sangamo Therapeutics (SGMO)

Sangamo Therapeutics (SGMO)

Postby winston » Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:42 am

by investar

Bought some sgmo yesterday: 7.44$

I like the BIIB deal. I may stay in this for more than a few months.

From Fools:

Sangamo Therapeutics (NASDAQ:SGMO)one of the few companies in the gene-editing sector, often gets overshadowed by its larger competitors. Compared to stocks like CRISPR Therapeutics, which is significantly larger in market cap, Sangamo seems like a smaller player in this relatively young market. However, this healthcare stock has plenty of tailwinds many of its competitors don't enjoy.

For one, Sangamo has one of the most diverse pool of drug candidates in the entire gene-editing sector. The company has 16 separate projects ongoing at the moment, with 11 in preclinical development and five in early stage clinical testing. This is much more than CRISPR's nine drug candidates, with only three having begun early stage testing. Right now, some of Sangamo's most anticipated candidates are its transfusion-dependent beta thalassemia drug ST-400, a sickle cell disease treatment called BIVV003, and a hemophilia A drug called SB-525.

Given the uncertain nature of developing new drugs, especially in the cutting-edge field of gene-editing, there's always a big chance that something can go wrong, like a candidate flopping. As such, having a diverse portfolio means there's a bigger chance of hitting at least one clinical home run, which is all a small biotech stock like Sangamo needs to become a major success.

Sangamo is also remarkably well-funded, with around $385 million worth of cash or cash equivalents on its balance sheet. For 2019, the company reported a net loss of $95.2 million. If expenses stay relatively the same, that would mean Sangamo has just under four years' worth of cash to keep itself afloat, more than enough time for a candidate to enter late-stage trials.

The gene-editing company also has a number of major partnerships with big names in the pharmaceutical industry, including Biogen, Pfizer, and Sanofi. These deals can help provide additional capital as well as help manufacture and commercialize a potential candidate once it reaches late-stage trials.
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Re: Sangamo Therapeutics (SGMO)

Postby investar » Thu May 14, 2020 6:41 am

well i like what i heard on the call

https://www.fool.com/earnings/call-tran ... s-cal.aspx

with BIIB stepping in and so much cash on hand, I think a buyout is possible (and that would be at 16$ or more).
investar
Boss' Left Hand Person

Postby investar » Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:32 am

SGMO has a good-looking chart... I think it is even still interesting to buy more here at 11.5$

Latest presentation: https://investor.sangamo.com/static-fil ... c32f390dc4
investar
Boss' Left Hand Person

Postby investar » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:22 am

SGMO.jpg

Collab with Novartis

Partnership with Pfizer

BIIB in the capital
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
investar
Boss' Left Hand Person

Return to S to Z