Dayang

Re: Dayang

Postby winston » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:21 pm

not vested

Dayang set to exceed expectations for 2019

KUALA LUMPUR: DAYANG ENTERPRISE HOLDINGS BHD is en route to recording one of its strongest-performing financial years, despite expectations of a seasonally weaker final quarter.

The group posted a stellar 3Q with core net profit of RM96.1mil after excluding non-recurring items, which brought 9MFY19 profit to RM144.4mil.

Both 3Q and cumulative nine-month results more than doubled from their respective periods last year.

The year-to-date result far exceeded expectations by reaching 108% of consensus full-year estimate.

It also came to 99% of Kenanga research's full-year prediction, leading to a revision of the research house's forecast earnings for FY19 and FY20. Kenanga maintained its outperform rating and raised its target price from RM2.35 from RM2.07 previously.

“Going into FY20, we believe strong demand for top side maintenance work orders could translate to an even better year earnings-wise.

“This is on top of its current group-wide debt restructuring plan, which could see further interest savings costs as well as increased competitiveness given an optimised capital structure,” it said.

It added that despite Dayang being expected to see some sequential decline in 4Q, Kenanga expects it to be a robust quarter.

“Overall, we continue to like DAYANG, being a prime beneficiary of increased Petronas upstream activities, giving it a very exciting earnings outlook moving forward.

“We are looking towards the upcoming Petronas Activity Outlook report (expected release in 1-2 months) for further assurance of jobs flow,” it said.

Source: The Star

https://www.thestar.com.my/business/bus ... s-for-2019
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:55 pm

not vested

Dayang: When to sell?

by Koon Yew Yin

It has gone up from 50 sen to close at Rm 2.36 yesterday, and increase of 472% within 1 year.

I have been searching in the last few months to find another counter to diversify to spread the risk in vain.

Comment: When he has found another counter to diversify, how would he be selling his Dayang?

Yesterday I bought 628,700 Dayang shares at Rm 2.34 per share and the total cost is Rm 1,476,403.81.

Comment: 10.3m traded; High 2.36; Low: 2.222; His share of the trading volume is about 6% and he bought at the high end of the range.

https://klse.i3investor.com/blogs/koonyewyinblog/
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:50 am

not vested

My fastest speed record of making money

by Koon Yew Yin

Currently my wife Tan Kit Pheng has 7.2 million and 1.6 million totalling 8.8 million Dayang shares in Hong Leong and Alliance Investment Bank respectively.

I have 10.88 million, 3.9 million, 4.2 million, 6.02 million and 2.07 million totalling 27.07 million Dayang shares in CIMB, RHB, Kenanga, Alliance and Hong Leong Investment Bank respectively.

My wife and I have a total of 8.8 million + 27.07 million = 35.87 million Dayang shares.

winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:00 am

not vested

Most important lesson for FAILURES

by Koon Yew Yin

I will only sell Dayang if it reports 2 consecutive quarters of reducing profit. Even if it reports reduced profit for 1 quarter, I will not sell.

Comment: When he decides to sell his shares, who would be buying it from him? And if no one is buying it from him, where would the share price be heading?

My advice to those who have sold Dayang too early, to buy back even at higher prices than what they sold.

Comment: There are thousands of counters in various stock-markets. Why must you go back to trade the same share? If you have made a mistake and sold early, you also have the option to move on and to look for another company.

If you cannot find another "great" company, you can also just stay in cash. You dont have to buy something that has gone up 470% in one year when the long term rise for blue chip stocks is only 7%.

Which has a higher risk?
1. Buying something after it has risen 470% in one year or
2. Being in Cash and watching it go further up after a 470% rise

winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:22 am

not vested

Dayang: A great buying opportunity

by Koon Yew Yin

11 Jan 2020

At the close yesterday, UBS Investment Bank, with HQ in Zurich was queuing to buy 2.6 million shares at Rm 2.50 and there were only 31,100 shares selling at Rm 2.51. The closing price was Rm 2.51.

With UBS Investment Bank’s strong support, Dayang share price can only go up higher and higher.

With UBS Investment Bank’s aggressive buying, the price will continue to go up higher and higher for many more years to come.

Comment: When something is so obvious, there's normally an ulterior motive,

If you are a "brand name" and wants to buy a lot of shares for many more years to come, would you be using your own name to buy?

My experience is that when things are so obvious, the opposite is true.

If you are an Institution, would you not want to take profits after something has run up 500% in a year?

And what is your target if you want to buy? Another 20% to 3.10?

So if you are going after the next 20%, after a 500% move in one year, what is your Risk versus Reward?

When a stock is in the stratosphere, it will look for a reason to correct. An accident waiting to happen?

Reminds me of the price action of Wintoni, IFCA and Bitcoins...

winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:17 pm

not vested

Kenanga downgrades Dayang, raises target to RM2.75

by Joanna Tan Hui Shen

In a note today, Kenanga analyst Steven Chan explained that the downgrade was due to Dayang's strong share prices of late, as well as a weaker fourth quarter for the financial year 2019 (FY19) and a potential deficiency of contract awards for the time being which posed as overhangs.

Kenanga estimated the two new contracts were worth circa RM2 billion.

Dayang's contract books stand at circa RM5 billion.

The TP upgrade was based on Dayang's earnings upgrade, implying price-earnings ratio of 15 times on FY20 for the group.

Chan said with the i-HUC contracts finally awarded to Dayang, he was not expecting any further contract wins for the group for the time being.

Source: theedgemarkets.com

https://www.theedgemarkets.com/article/ ... rget-rm275
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:52 pm

not vested

Dayang: Only fools will sell

by Koon Yew Yin

The price chart shows that Dayang has gone up from 50 sen to close Rm 2.85 yesterday, an increase of 570% within 1 year.

Comments:

1. Only fools will buy after a 570% rise in 1 year.
2. And holding is the same as buying at current price, eventhough some people cant accept that a paper loss is a real loss and vice verssa.

winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:13 pm

not vested

So according to Koon, the following people must be fools to sell Dayang:-

1. Datuk Ling Suk Kiong sold 6.1m shares (187m left, 17.6% left)
https://www.bursamalaysia.com/market_in ... id=3016882

2. Tengku Yusof also disposed of 9.8m shares (62.6m shares left, 5.9% left)
https://www.bursamalaysia.com/market_in ... id=3016880

Source: Bursa
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:54 am

not vested

Kenanga maintains market perform on Dayang, positive on recent contract win

KUALA LUMPUR: Kenanga research is positive over DAYANG ENTERPRISE HOLDINGS BHD's recent contract win from Carigali-PTTEPI Operating Company Sdn Bhd for the provision of modification works.

The research house maintained market perform on the stock with an unchanged target price of RM2.75 at 15x PER on FY20E EPS.

To recap, Dayang secured an umbrella contract by Carigali-PTTEPI for the provision of modification works.

The contract is effective from Jan 30 for three years with an extension option for two years.

"We are positive on the contract win, being DAYANG’s second new win YTD, showcasing the company’s competitiveness and operational capabilities," said the company.

However, owing to the presence of one or two other players in the same umbrella, Dayang would have to compete for work orders, it added.

Kenanga guesstimates the total umbrella value to be RM300-RM350mil, with Dayang being able to secure about RM150mil worth of work orders over the contract period.

Dayang's order book would stand at about RM5bil post-award, which would give them four to five years of revenue visibility.

Movng forward, Kenanga expects the company to post stronger FY20 earnings, backed by Petronas' rising demand for MCM.

However, the upcoming sesaonally weak final quarter of its financial year could somewhat dampen sentiment although dips in share price could serve as a buying opportunity.

Source: The Star

https://www.thestar.com.my/business/bus ... ntract-win
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:51 am

not vested

Feb 5, 2020

The momentum continues

Dayang has been awarded a second contract in 2020 by Petronas Carigali for the provision of modification works (Umbrella Contract) for Block B-17 & C-19 and B-17-01.

The contract value is not stated given that it is an umbrella contract; however we estimate that the award is worth c. RM300m-RM400m.

The award is for duration of 3 years + 2 years extension option.

Increase FY20-21 earnings by ~17% as we factor in sustained man hour requirements for HUC and MCM work in 2020-2021 as per the updated Petronas Activity Outlook.

Post forecast recalibration, TP is increased to RM2.69 (from RM2.30) based on 13.7x PER (1.5SD above 2 year mean) pegged to our FY20 earnings.

We downgrade the stock to a HOLD given its run up by 33.8% since our upgrade in November.

At this juncture we are of the opinion that the market has priced in the expectations of strong earnings delivery in FY19.

Source: HLIB
winston
Billionaire Boss

PreviousNext

Return to A to D