Life 34 (Sept 19 - Jan 20)

Life 34 (Sept 19 - Jan 20)

Postby winston » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:10 pm

Learn to observe, not memorise.

We have contradiction only when we are not dealing with what is actually going on. Because we don’t know how to deal with what is going on, we invent the ideal, which is an escape.

If you want to change what is going on, don’t have contradiction. Then, you have the energy to deal with what is, instead of wasting energy in contradiction, having ideals and all the rest of it.

I am violent, and my conditioning has been not to be violent, so I try to be non-violent. Whereas in actual fact, I am violent.

So I am wasting my energy in trying to be non-violent. When I remove that, I have the energy to deal with what is - the energy to observe the fact of being angry.

I won’t use the word ‘anger’ because the word is not the thing. Therefore, there is only that reaction.

The moment you name it, it becomes stronger. By associating through that word with the past, you are giving it strength.

If you don’t name it, it soon dissipates. Eliminate contradictions altogether, and you are dealing only with what is actually going on.

Public Discussion 1 in Madras (Chennai), 27 December 1977

Source: jkrishnamurthi.com
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Re: Life 33 (May 19 - Dec 19)

Postby winston » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:38 pm

Most of us haven’t been taught that to receive love deeply and transmit it wholeheartedly, is a real human possibility, that it can be learned, and that to do so is the key to our deepest well-being, our spiritual life, and our capacity to bring more goodness into this world.

—John Makransky, “Love Is All Around”
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:27 pm

Can you end in life, something you hold most dear, which is yourself?

Can you end your attachment? End it, not argue; end it and see what happens.

If you end greed, envy, anxiety, loneliness, then death has a totally different meaning. Then there is no death.

So you are living with death all the time. Death is life. Ending is a beginning.

If you keep the same thing going on, there is nothing new. Only when there is an ending, a flowering takes place.

Test it out. Without argument, without suppression, end attachment with ease, grace and beauty. Then, you will see a totally different beginning.

Then, there is an actual facing of nothing, which is death, which is the invitation to death while living.

The invitation is the ending of all your attachments. Out of all this comes the strange factor of supreme intelligence.

That intelligence is based on compassion and clarity, and because of that intelligence there is great skill.

So if you are serious then act, not some vague theory or ideals but the ending of something that you hold most dear. Then you will see a new flowering takes place.

Public Talk 5 in Madras (Chennai), 7 January 1978

winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:37 am

What is the true and most valuable property we possess?

People repose their faith in such a frail and impermanent physical body. This human body is a puppet with nine holes in it, and it may collapse at any time with a mere sneeze.

Placing their faith in such a perishable body, people forget the invaluable ornaments stored in it which are the five human values of Truth, Right Action, Peace, Love and Non-violence. These are the true and most valuable property of every human being.

That is the reason they suffer mental agitation.

You go to a millionaire and enquire, “Sir! You have everything in this world, but do you have peace?” He will immediately reply, “I have everything in this world, but not peace.”

Wherever you see in the world today, there are only ‘pieces’, no ‘peace’. Peace is very much in your inner self. Hence, seek it within, journey inward! That is your duty.

When you are able to manifest your own innate noble qualities, you will experience true and eternal peace.

- Divine Discourse, Sep 5, 2006.

Peace is the best treasure, without which power, authority, fame and fortune are all dry and burdensome.

Source: radiosai.org
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:50 am

How and why should we strive to overcome our animal qualities?

It is said, “Tell me your company, I shall tell you what you are”. Hence, first and fore­most, move in good company. Then you will become a good individual.

You need not acquire goodness from somewhere. It is inherent in your nature. You must cultivate goodness within yourself, just as a tender sapling is nourished and nurtured to become a big tree.

Having been born as human beings, it is a great sin to behave like animals.

Whenever animal qualities raise their ugly heads, you must immediately remind yourself, “I am not an animal; I must act as a human being.”

Unfortunately, today, wherever you see, animal qualities are rampant. Wherever you go and whomever you come across, there is only one desire – money, money and more money.

Remember, Money comes and goes, but moral­ity comes and grows! Hence, cultivate and grow in moral values!

Have the name and form of the Divine as your companion, guide and guardian throughout the toils of the waking hours.

winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:21 pm

Silence

Silence comes not through practice, not through control, not the silence between two noises, not the peace between two wars - silence comes when the body and mind are in complete harmony, without any friction.

In that silence is a total movement, which is the end of time. That means time has come to an end.

Public Talk 6 in Madras (Chennai), 8 January 1978

winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:23 am

What is real sacrifice?

Sacrifice or renunciation is not going to the forest, leaving behind your spouse, children and property.

What needs to be sacrificed is the hankering for results, the fruits of one’s actions. That is true sacrifice.

You must renounce indiscriminate desires. Then, only will your heart become pure.

The Divine desires only a pure, loving and sacred heart. He does not desire or need anything from you! It is only you who have desires.

When you have noble desires, He will be happy. It is only then your family, society and coun­try will experience peace and happiness.

First and foremost, peace should reign in your own home. Then, that peace will be radiated to the society. When societies become good, the country will prosper.

If peace is to be established in the country, the individual should experience peace in the first instance.

World peace is possible only when peace is established at the individual level. If an individual is not at peace, how can there be peace in the world?

To get angry is but the effort of a moment; but to live in peace, and to become unaffected by the ups and downs of life, is the result of years of training.

winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:46 am

Action is not something you do, it’s something you are.

In other words, you are not a noun, you’re a verb. That is our true nature.

—Joanna Macy, “Schooling Our Intention”
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:13 pm

We often think that insecurity comes from a weak ego, but in my experience it is the result of an inflexible ego, that has mistaken itself as the center of the universe, which keeps contradicting it on this key point.

—Jack Haubner, “Middle Way Manager”
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:13 pm

We often think that insecurity comes from a weak ego, but in my experience it is the result of an inflexible ego, that has mistaken itself as the center of the universe, which keeps contradicting it on this key point.

—Jack Haubner, “Middle Way Manager”
winston
Billionaire Boss

Next

Return to Archives