Postby behappyalways » Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:08 pm

2018.08.05【文茜世界周報】耶魯教授教快樂:培養正向習慣 扭轉大腦憂慮
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMj43aP ... AU&index=1
血要热 头脑要冷 骨头要硬
behappyalways
Millionaire Boss

Re: Life 30 (Jun 18 - Nov 18)

Postby winston » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:23 am

How can we experience peace amidst a storm that may be brewing in our minds?

In order to ward off evil, some people, who have so far never spent on charity, tend to spend lavishly for holy rituals, worship rites, and the propitiation of planetary powers.

So far, so good; let some money flow from one pocket to another that needs it more. Let money circulate. Let the spirit of charity grow, even out of panic.

But calamity, danger, and death, cannot be avoided for all time; they are inevitable factors of life, and you have to learn to live bravely with them.

This can be accomplished only by uninterrupted prayer, and not by spurts of worship actuated by sudden fear.

Purify your hearts and your thoughts, feelings, emotions, and speech; strengthen your nobler impulses. Then, no panic can unnerve you and nothing can shake your stability and inner peace .

Your prayers will be heard and answered; the Divine has no distinction of big or small, high or low.

- Divine Discourse, Mar 4, 1962.

The Divine is Love, Peace and Strength.

Source: radiosai.org
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:37 am

Hurt feelings

How should we act in order not to trouble others?” Is that what you want to know? I am afraid then we should not be acting at all.

If you live completely, your actions may cause trouble; but what is more important: finding out what is true, or not disturbing others?

This seems so simple that it hardly needs to be answered. Why do you want to respect other people’s feelings and points of view? Are you afraid of having your own feelings hurt, your point of view being changed?

If people have opinions that differ from yours, you can find out if they are true only by questioning them, by coming into active contact with them. And if you find that those opinions and feelings are not true, your discovery may cause disturbance to those who cherish them.

Then what should you do? Should you comply with them, or compromise with them in order not to hurt your friends?

The Book of Life, July 15, Harper San Francisco, 1995

Source: Jkrishnamurthi.com
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:04 am

Real education

The mind creates through experience, tradition, memory.

Can the mind be free from storing up, though it is experiencing? You understand the difference?

What is required is not the cultivation of memory but the freedom from the accumulative process of the mind.

You hurt me, which is an experience; and I store up that hurt; and that becomes my tradition; and from that tradition, I look at you, I react from that tradition. That is the everyday process of my mind and your mind.

Now, is it possible that, though you hurt me, the accumulative process does not take place. The two processes are entirely different.

If you say harsh words to me, it hurts me; but if that hurt is not given importance, it does not become the background from which I act; so it is possible that I meet you afresh.

That is real education, in the deep sense of the word. Because, then, though I see the conditioning effects of experience, the mind is not conditioned

The Book of Life, July 18, Harper San Francisco, 1995

winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:46 am

Why is the Divine’s name the only worthwhile treasure, worth gathering in this lifetime?

When a person dies, his property and assets remain at home; they do not go with him. Their relatives cannot also go; only the good or the bad name they have earned lasts here.

So you must live in such a way that posterity will remember you with gratitude and joy. To lead the good life, constant prompting from the Divine within is a great help.

That inspiration can be got only by constantly reciting the Divine's Name and calling on the inner springs of Divinity.

The Name is so valuable, an instrument to win His Grace, to realise His Presence, to picture His Form, and to remember His Glory.

Even if it is repeated from the heart once in the morning, and once in the evening, that will make the home a home, instead of a cave.

Remember how happy, contented and carefree were the great saints who revelled in that Name.

- Sathya Sai Speaks, Vol 6, Ch 27.

Where singing the Name of the Divine fills the air with its splendor and fragrance, that place indeed is the abode of the Divine.

winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:38 am

What is the role of ritual worship in the spiritual path?

Since you can’t swim across a flooded stream, you board a raft. So also, since you can’t master the Formless, you resort to the Form with attributes and struggle to swim across to the Formless, through worship and contemplation.

But can you remain forever on the raft, amidst the currents and whirlpools? You must discard this conventional worship some day and reach the shore.

Worship is just a means of educating the emotions. Human impulses and emotions have to be guided and controlled.

Just as the raging waters of the big river have to be curbed by dikes, halted by dams, tamed by canals, and led quietly to the ocean which can swallow all floods without a trace, so too the age-long instincts in you have to be trained and transmuted by contact with higher ideals and powers.

When the fruit is ripe, it will fall off the branch of its own accord. Similarly, when renunciation saturates your heart, you lose contact with the world and slip into the lap of the Divine.

- Divine Discourse, Oct 26, 1961.

The touchstone for virtue in a person is his keenness to give up, to sacrifice, and to develop detachment.

winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:32 am

Only that which dies can renew itself

When we talk of a spiritual entity, we mean by that something which is not within the field of the mind, obviously.

Now, is the “I” such a spiritual entity? If it is a spiritual entity, it must be beyond all time; therefore it cannot be reborn or continued.

Thought cannot think about it because thought comes within the measure of time, thought is from yesterday, thought is a continuous movement, the response of the past; so thought is essentially a product of time.

If thought can think about the “I”, then it is part of time; therefore that “I” is not free of time, therefore it is not spiritual—which is obvious.

So, the “I”, the “you” is only a process of thought; and you want to know whether that process of thought, continuing apart from the physical body, is born again, is reincarnated in a physical form.

Now go a little further. That which continues—can it ever discover the real, which is beyond time and measurement. That “I”, that entity which is a thought-process—can it ever be new?

If it cannot, then there must be an ending to thought. Is not anything that continues inherently destructive? That which has continuity can never renew itself.

As long as thought continues through memory, through desire, through experience, it can never renew itself; therefore, that which is continued cannot know the real.

You may be reborn a thousand times, but you can never know the real for only that which dies, that which comes to an end, can renew itself.

The Book of Life, November 14, Harper San Francisco, 1995

winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:28 am

What is Dharma?

In all worldly activities, be careful not to offend propriety or the canons of good nature.

Do not play false to the promptings of the inner voice;

Be prepared at all times to respect the appropriate dictates of conscience.

Watch your steps to see whether you are in someone else’s way and be ever vigilant to discover the truth behind all this scintillating variety.

This is your duty, your dharma.

The blazing fire of wisdom, which convinces you that everything is Divine, will consume into ashes all traces of your egotism and worldly attachment.

Whoever subdues egotism, conquers selfish desires, destroys bestial feelings and impulses, and gives up the natural tendency to regard the body as the self, that person is surely on the path of dharma;

They know that the goal of dharma is the merging of the wave in the sea, the merging of the Self in the Supreme Divine!

- Dharma Vahini, Ch 1, ‘What is Dharma?’

True adherence to your conscience is righteousness proper.

winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:26 am

The central cause of conflict

Do not think by merely wishing for peace, you will have peace, when in your daily life of relationship you are aggressive, acquisitive, seeking psychological security here or in the hereafter.

You have to understand the central cause of conflict and sorrow and then dissolve it and not merely look to the outside for peace.

But you see, most of us are indolent. We are too lazy to take hold of ourselves and understand ourselves, and being lazy, which is really a form of conceit, we think others will solve this problem for us and give us peace, or that we should destroy the apparently few people that are causing wars.

When the individual is in conflict within himself he must inevitably create conflict without, and only he can bring about peace within himself and so in the world, for he is the world.

The Book of Life, June 24, Harper San Francisco, 1995

winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:26 am

The central cause of conflict

Do not think by merely wishing for peace, you will have peace, when in your daily life of relationship you are aggressive, acquisitive, seeking psychological security here or in the hereafter.

You have to understand the central cause of conflict and sorrow and then dissolve it and not merely look to the outside for peace.

But you see, most of us are indolent. We are too lazy to take hold of ourselves and understand ourselves, and being lazy, which is really a form of conceit, we think others will solve this problem for us and give us peace, or that we should destroy the apparently few people that are causing wars.

When the individual is in conflict within himself he must inevitably create conflict without, and only he can bring about peace within himself and so in the world, for he is the world.

The Book of Life, June 24, Harper San Francisco, 1995

winston
Billionaire Boss

PreviousNext

Return to Archives