Visa (V)

Re: Visa (V)

Postby winston » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:26 pm

not vested

Visa

This top credit card issuer is becoming a huge leader in digital pay.

Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than 200 countries and territories to fast, secure and reliable electronic payments.

The company operates one of the world’s most advanced processing networks, VisaNet, that is capable of handling more than 56,000 transaction messages a second, with fraud protection for consumers and assured payment for merchants.

Visa is not a bank and does not issue cards, extend credit or set rates and fees for consumers.

Visa’s innovations, however, enable financial institution customers to offer consumers more choices: pay now with debit, pay ahead of time with prepaid or pay later with credit products.

The company posted solid earnings and the guidance was effectively raised to the high-end of the range.

Shareholders receive a 0.72% dividend. The Merrill Lynch price target was raised to $103 from $96. The consensus target is $98.48, and shares closed last Friday at $91.15.

Source: 247 Wall Street
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Wed May 17, 2017 11:06 am

not vested

Best Growth Stocks for Retirement: Visa (V)

by Kārlis Dambrāns

Global payment network Visa Inc (NYSE:V) sits at the intersection of two of the most powerful trends in the world today: the rise of internet commerce and the rise of the emerging-market consumer.

The first point is easy enough to understand. Amazon.com, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMZN) and its online brethren are turning the traditional world of retail upside down, and online purchases require online payments.

Visa faces competition here from PayPal Holdings Inc (NASDAQ:PYPL), Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) and countless other upstarts. But a rising tide lifts all boats, and Visa has name recognition and acceptance rates that none of its competitors can rival.

Meanwhile, most emerging-market economies are still largely cash-based, particularly when you get outside of the wealthier parts of the major cities. As the emerging world modernizes, Visa will grow right along with it.

Visa trades at 23 times next year’s expected earnings, so it’s by no means a cheap stock. But given its growth prospects, I don’t consider it overpriced.

Source: Investor Place
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:27 pm

Analysts’ Best Stocks to Buy: Visa (V)

by Kārlis Dambrāns

Online payments company Visa Inc (NYSE:V) has a strong rating from the Street with eight back-to-back “buy” ratings in the past three months.

Mizuho Securities’ Thomas McCrohan has just initiated coverage on Visa with a “buy” rating and a very confident $115 price target (22% upside potential).

He says: “We anticipate sustained high-teen EPS growth over the next several years as a result of new markets (India), growing digital acceptance, and pricing (Europe).”

McCrohan, who has a 79% success rate and 14.1% average return on his recommendations, also lists the FIFA 2018 World Cup and 2020 summer Olympics in Tokyo as potential stock catalysts.

winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:46 am

not vested

Visa Inc (V) Stock Could Plummet If Earnings Don’t Impress

It's not likely, but V stock could drop by double-digits on an earnings disappointment

By Will Ashworth

Analysts expect earnings per share of $81 cents, 17% higher than a year earlier, on revenue of $4.36 billion, 20% greater than in Q3 2016.

In fiscal 2016, Visa used 140% of its free cash flow to repurchase more than $7 billion in Visa stock, the only one of its peers to go past 100%.

http://investorplace.com/2017/07/visa-i ... XAm24h96M8
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:10 am

not vested

How in heck is the stock of Visa (V) still hanging out where it reported when it delivered a fantastic set of numbers and is so clearly on its game doing terrific things?

Sure, I know the stock ran, but CEO Al Kelly is taking this company that was whipped into shape by Charlie Scharf to another level.

He's client-centric, tireless and an all-around ambassador for the empire that is Visa.

Loads of cash, too. They've bought back 500 million shares in the last five years. I like that pace!

Source: Cramer, The Street
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:22 am

not vested

Dow Jones Stocks to Buy: Visa (V)

I couldn’t tell you the last time I used cash to pay for something, but as it turns out, I’m not in the majority.

In fact, a 2016 Gallup poll showed that only 12% of Americans say they’ve gone completely cashless with their transactions. That leaves 41% of Americans that say they use cash in “some” purchases, while another 46% make half or more of their purchases using greenbacks.

That’s why Visa Inc (NYSE:V) is such a great play — because for as ubiquitous as credit card use has become, there’s still so much more room for growth in the U.S. alone, not to mention the more cash-reliant countries Visa operates.

In fact, the company says there’s a $17 trillion opportunity to displace cash and checks in the global economy.

Visa is a payment processor, not a bank, so it doesn’t actually do any lending. Visa simply moves money from one account to another along its secured payment network. It functions as a middleman, charging merchants, banks and other institutions a fee every time someone swipes their credit or debit card (I’m sorry … inserts the chip end) and accesses its payment network.

Think of it as a commerce toll road, and a lucrative one at that.

Visa enjoyed a whopping 38% year-over-year increase in transaction volume last quarter, to $1.86 trillion globally. And because Visa is merely a network, it boasts thick margins, such as the 68% non-GAAP operating margins recorded in fiscal Q3 2017.

V stock has sprinted 220% higher over the past five years, almost obscuring the fact that it has more than doubled its dividend over that time.

Given how much of the world has yet to go cashless, Visa should grow for years to come and pad investors’ pockets with increasing sums of cash.

winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:17 pm

not vested

U.S. Stocks to Buy for Big Global Profits: Visa Inc (V)

by Kārlis Dambrāns

Visa Inc (NYSE:V) is perhaps the epitome of an extremely profitable cross-borders payments businesses.

With the demands for global digital payments increasing exponentially, Visa is top dog in terms of market cap, sales and arguably brand strength.

There are over 3 billion Visa cards in circulation accepted at 44 million locations and the network continues to grow.

The great news for Visa and its shareholders is that as the payments industry makes the inevitable shift from cash and check to digital/card, V makes more money.

That is, the economics are even more lucrative for every dollar spent on digital; a swipe on a physical credit card processing machine, 15 cents is V’s take vs. 43 cents on a digital Visa card.

On the international front, V has been uniquely establishing direct relationships with governments. China has proved tricky with specific timing and ultimate costs still uncertain, but strides are being made elsewhere.

In Egypt, Visa signed an MOU with for a G2C program. For Visa, there is potential for 60 million new accounts and additional $100B+ in annual processing volume.

And other partnerships are being built as we speak. This $235 billion market-cap company is just getting started.

winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:23 am

vested

Caution: This Dividend Growth Stock Has Become Significantly Overvalued

by Chuck Carnevale

I believe that Visa’s current valuation has become extreme. Therefore, I do believe it is time to start looking this gift horse in the mouth.

However, the company and its stock price continue to perform. Therefore, I have decided to continue riding this horse a little longer.

Source: FAST Graphs

http://dailytradealert.com/2017/09/18/86571/
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:00 pm

not vested

10 More Retirement Stocks to Hold Forever: Visa (V)

There are two clear arguments against Visa Inc (NYSE:V) as a long-term holding.

The first is the valuation. InvestorPlace columnist Larry Meyers argued just this week that Visa stock looked too expensive at 27x forward earnings.

The second is that the Visa dividend isn’t particularly generous, with the yield just 0.6% at the moment.

But I still think Visa is a compelling buy, as I detailed earlier this month. Visa stock admittedly isn’t cheap — but it’s rarely, if ever, cheap. And its growth potential is impressive, with earnings likely to grow in the 15% range for years to come.

The company has dominant market share in a category that will continue to grow thanks to e-commerce growth, declining cash usage and increasing international reach.

As for the dividend, the yield doesn’t look great … yet. But with the distribution likely to rise at a faster rate than earnings, given a ~20% payout ratio, Visa’s dividend will catch up over the next few years.

And I expect the appreciation in Visa stock itself will more than makeup for the low initial yield.

winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:50 am

not vested

Visa (V)

My wife has had a great career in the field of transaction processing. When she started in the 1980s she called it a great long-term bet. She liked to write programs that “make money” whenever they run. If running her program brought in just a few pennies, she figured, the pennies would add up.

The big dog in this business is Visa (NYSE:V). When Visa says jump, other processors ask how high? Visa defines the terms of financial processing, having evolved from a Bank of America (NYSE:BAC) credit card, BankAmericard, into a cooperative owned by many international banks in the 1970s, then into today’s public company, which began trading in 2007. Since that launch, Visa stock has risen 507% and delivered a steady stream of dividends.

I can’t guarantee that plastic credit cards will remain a thing in 30 years, or even that relationships with banks will remain the way you buy or sell.

During this decade India has launched a major era of innovation, with cheaper payment gateways easily accessed by mobile phones. Visa is countering with a business payment network, and it opened a tech center in Bangalore back in 2014.

Visa got into payments for convenience, India to fight crime. Whatever the motivation, electronic payments are a long-term trend any investor would be wise to be on top of.

winston
Billionaire Boss

PreviousNext

Return to S to Z