Asset Allocation 02 (Aug 13 - Dec 24)

Asset Allocation 02 (Aug 13 - Dec 24)

Postby winston » Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:39 am

How To Invest Your $200,000,000 Portfolio

Like hints from Heloise, I try to pack this column with practical, money-saving tips and news you can use.

A group of super-high-net worth investors have just shared their asset allocation secrets with each other, and I’m going to share them with you. First, earn $200,000,000. Ready? Let’s go!

The average asset allocation of this select group looks like the pie chart nearby.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/phildemuth/ ... =dailycrux
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Re: Asset Allocation 01 (Jun 09 - Jul 13)

Postby winston » Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:54 pm

As of Sep 14, 2013

Equities: Increased to 25% from 18% on June 2 ( Dividend Stocks 15% from 10% )
Comment: Dont think there would be a crash so I'm buying on the dip

AUD Cash: Reduced to 22% from 23% due to the decline of the AUD vs the SGD

MYR Cash: Increased to 17% from 14% on June 2
Comment: Steadily increasing my exposure to the MYR

Gold & Gold Stocks: Reduced to 9% from 10% on June 2 due to the decline of gold and gold stocks
Comment: Waiting for the right time to buy

USD & HKD exposure: 14% from 15% on June 2

Puts & Inverse ETFs: 0%
Comment: Cant see any catalyst for a steep decline
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Re: Asset Allocation 01 (Jun 09 - Sep 13)

Postby winston » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:25 am

The No. 1 way to protect and grow your retirement nest egg by Dr. David Eifrig

One of the keys to successful income investing is proper asset allocation, how you balance your portfolio among stocks, bonds, cash, real estate, commodities, gold, and other investments.

If you keep your entire net worth in stocks and the market pulls back, you'll suffer badly regardless of what stocks you own. Likewise, if you hold your net worth in gold and it falls $100 an ounce, your lack of asset allocation will hurt you.

Concentrating your retirement nest egg into just a few stocks or a few asset classes is far too risky. One of the simplest ways to begin is to consider just four general asset classes you need to spread your wealth among to keep you financially balanced and healthy...

• Cash: 10%-45%
• Stocks: 25%-70%
• Fixed Income: 10%-50%
• Chaos Hedges: 1%-15%

Note that each of those asset classes has a range of what percentage of your portfolio you should put in it, rather than a specific number. That's because everyone's situation is different.

If you're in your 30s or 40s, your asset allocation should be different than if you're retired. That's because you have the ability to take more risks with your portfolio.

So you need to determine how risky a portfolio you can stand, and what your time frame for investing is. Then you can set your percentages accordingly... and stick to them.

As income investors, we'll be focusing on stocks and fixed-income assets. But we'll likely add some "chaos hedges," like gold or farmland, which will help to protect us in case of a market disaster.

Source: Income Intelligence
winston
Billionaire Boss

Re: Asset Allocation 01 (Jun 09 - Sep 13)

Postby winston » Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:25 am

This is the most important investment decision you'll ever make

by Dr. David Eifrig

Source: Retirement Millionaire

http://www.thedailycrux.com/Post/43887/ ... -ever-make
winston
Billionaire Boss

Re: Asset Allocation 01 (Jun 09 - Dec 13)

Postby winston » Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:23 pm

As of Dec 28, 2013

Equities: Increased to 28% from 25% on Sep 14 ( Dividend Stocks 17% from 15% )
Comment: May sell into any Year-End Window Dressing

AUD Cash: Reduced to 20% from 22% due to the decline of the AUD vs the SGD

MYR Cash: Increased to 24% from 17% on Sep 14

Gold & Gold Stocks: Reduced to 7% from 9% on Sep 142 due to the decline of gold and gold stocks
Comment: Waiting for the right time to buy

USD & HKD exposure: 16% from 14% on Sep 14

Comment: Cant see any catalyst yet for a steep decline
winston
Billionaire Boss

Re: Asset Allocation 01 (Jun 09 - Dec 13)

Postby winston » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:00 pm

Put Your Catastrophe-Prevention Plan in Place Today By Amber Lee Mason

These past two weeks have been a gentle reminder of one of the most important wealth-building ideas you can learn.

This idea is more powerful than any winning stock pick or market forecast. It can mean the difference between a difficult, "penny pinching" retirement… and decades of comfortable, low-stress living.

It's asset allocation.

Put simply, it's how you divide your money among various assets, like stocks, bonds, real estate, cash, and precious metals.

Often when one area of the market "zigs," others will "zag." A good mix will reduce the ups and downs in your portfolio… and protect you from catastrophe.

If you allocate your assets wisely, you'll build safe, long-term, "sleep at night" wealth. If you allocate far too much money into one risky asset that suffers a huge crash, you'll spend years, decades even, rebuilding the wealth you lost. Just ask anyone who had too much money in tech stocks in 2000… or too much money in real estate in 2007.

How much you put into each asset class depends on your age, your risk tolerance, your income, and a dozen other factors. (I featured a sample portfolio from Dr. David Eifrig earlier this year. You can find it right here.) But no matter your personal mix, you must make sure to have some portion of your money allocated to both stock and "non stock" assets.

Let's take a look first at the week before last, March 7 to March 14.

Over five days of trading, the benchmark S&P 500 (the black line on the chart below) dropped 2%. Meanwhile, two "non stock" assets I've recommended to DailyWealth Traders – silver fund SLV (the blue line) and municipal-bond fund NIO (the green line) – climbed. Silver jumped 2.7%. Muni bonds jumped 1.9%.

Please Enable Images to See this

In short, stocks "zigged." Bonds and precious metals "zagged." If you had money in each asset, your losses in stocks were offset – at least in part – by the gains in other areas.

You might look at this and think, I'd have been better off not having money in stocks at all. But take a look at the next chart… It's last week's price action.

You'll see stocks rose 1.4%. The muni bond fund dropped 1.1%. And silver dropped a huge 5.3%.

Please Enable Images to See this

At the start of today's essay, I said the recent price action was a "gentle" reminder of the importance of good asset allocation. None of these assets collapsed.

But you need to be prepared for when something does collapse. You need to be prepared to see stock prices fall in half. You need to be prepared to see the same in precious metals and bonds.

Basic risk-management strategies like position sizing and stop losses will help. But the most important way to protect your wealth is through intelligent asset allocation.

If you haven't looked at your asset mix recently, do it this week. It could save you from catastrophe down the road.

Source: Growth Stock Wire
winston
Billionaire Boss

Re: Asset Allocation 01 (Jun 09 - Apr 14)

Postby winston » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:41 pm

As of Apr 05, 2014

Equities: Increased to 32% from 28% on Dec 28, 2013 ( Dividend Stocks 15% )
Comment: May sell into any rally from the US Earnings season

AUD Cash: Remained at 20%

MYR Cash & Stocks: Increased to 32% from 24% on Dec 28, 2013

Gold & Gold Stocks: Remained at 7% due to the decline of gold and gold stocks
Comment: Adding to Gold and Silver Stocks

USD & HKD exposure: Reduced to 10% from 16% on Dec 28, 2013

winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:21 pm

As of Apr 10, 2014

Equities: decreased to 28% from 32% ( Dividend Stocks 14% from 15% )
Comment: Selling into the rally. May is also not too far away and the traders would be going for their summer holidays soon

AUD Cash: Increased to 21% from 20%

MYR Cash & Stocks: Decreased to 31% from 32%

Gold & Gold Stocks: Reduced to 6% from 7%
Comment: Sold some Zhaojin; Added to China Silver

USD & HKD exposure: Reduced to 8% from 10%

winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Sun May 04, 2014 3:32 pm

Bond, stock investors making hay; can both be right?

NEW YORK: With U.S. stocks near record highs and Treasury bond yields near multi-month lows, the disconnect between equity and debt investors has rarely been as stark. Over the coming months, the economy is likely to show one of the groups has bet wrong.

http://www.thestar.com.my/Business/Busi ... aking-Hay/
winston
Billionaire Boss

Re: Asset Allocation 01 (Jun 09 - May 14)

Postby winston » Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:16 am

As of June 10, 2014

Equities: 28% ( Dividend Stocks 11% )
Comment: GIC has 65% in Equities. Am I being too conservative ?

AUD Cash: 20%
Comment: Steadily increasing my exposure to AUD

MYR Cash & Stocks: 37%

Gold & Gold Stocks: 6%

USD & HKD exposure: 8%

winston
Billionaire Boss

Next

Return to Other Investment Instruments & Ideas