Charity & Volunteering 01 (Jun 08 - Mar 11)

Re: Charity & Volunteering 01 (Jun 08 - Mar 11)

Postby LenaHuat » Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:45 pm

Lenahuat on 29 March 2010 in the 'Singapore - predictions' thread wrote:My wish is to have a Ng Teng Fong hospital in the east

Took the authorities almost a year to announce this. So, he's taken the west and Khoo Teck Puat is in the north.
Who's taking the east?? Wee Cho Yaw?? :lol:
Please be forewarned that you are reading a post by an otiose housewife. ImageImage**Image**Image@@ImageImageImage
LenaHuat
Big Boss

Postby kennynah » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:00 pm

good call, L :)

i guess anyone with a S$100m cheque wil get to immortalize his/her name...
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby LenaHuat » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:06 pm

Hi K :D
:lol: , Thank QQ. But it wasn't a black swan guess. NgTengFong's donation merely matched Khoo's of S$125m. I have expected his donation to exceed this amt because of inflation. :lol:
Please be forewarned that you are reading a post by an otiose housewife. ImageImage**Image**Image@@ImageImageImage
LenaHuat
Big Boss

Postby Chinaman » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:16 pm

LenaHuat wrote:
Lenahuat on 29 March 2010 in the 'Singapore - predictions' thread wrote:My wish is to have a Ng Teng Fong hospital in the east

Took the authorities almost a year to announce this. So, he's taken the west and Khoo Teck Puat is in the north.
Who's taking the east?? Wee Cho Yaw?? :lol:

NTF heard from my late father this guy not so clean...during post war period he make use of the trishaw man to set up companies using their name, doing illegal trade if got caught, he will take care of the 'tua pek kong' family....He dam lucky...almost got bankrupt in Lucky Plaza project in early 70 if not of Moscow bank save him, he wouldn't be today rich.

FEL money not easy to earn, u may check with the contractors or their ex-staff...pay $1 want back $2 from u, contractors usually cannot take back full payment, if they are desperate of cash.

WCY, knn this shrew oldman carry LKY until whole world also know...also wait long long for this old fox to contribute a hospital....Hehe, my uncle few hundred yrs ago we are 1 family Li Ka Shing maybe n most likely he will built school and hospital, we teochew more incline to school foundation.

Frankly, u think Khoo willing to cough out such a huge amount for the charity, no choice either u pay tax or u built hospital and garment waive the tax...Hope 1day some1 surface this stingy NTF loop hole and force his estate to return the dirty money payback to society, i believe in karma.
Chinaman
Boss' Left Hand Person

Postby kennynah » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:26 pm

boss C... maybe let's just live and let live...he's gone already anyways...and we all make mistakes...only human..
whatever the man did in his living years, the money that will go into building this new hospital, is a good consequence... chin chai lah... lang loh si liao... 8-)
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby Chinaman » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:46 pm

Okay lar, 100 million enough to built a old folk home but not a hospital, bor fish prawn also can lar.
bro k is correct, he gone ...no point bring out the past.
Chinaman
Boss' Left Hand Person

Postby LenaHuat » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:00 pm

I think I am wrong on this score. This Sengkang hospital will be ready by 2020, in time for Wee Cho Yaw :lol:
Minister Khaw hinted that there will be no more public hospital for a long time.
LenaHuat
Big Boss

Previous

Return to Archives