Charity & Volunteering 01 (Jun 08 - Mar 11)

Re: Charity & Volunteering 01 (Jun 08 - Mar 11)

Postby winston » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:01 pm

Why should we serve? And how should we serve?

Service is an expression of gratitude to society. It should not be done in a spirit of condescension or to achieve some ulterior selfish objective.

It should proceed from an awareness of what you owe to society. You must realise that you are bettering yourself by rendering service.

Your name and fame, all the comforts you enjoy, are derived from society. Sheer gratitude demands that one should serve society which is the source of all benefits enjoyed by man.

What is required for service is not money and materials. A loving heart is the first requisite. All service done without a love-filled heart is as dry as dust.

Fill your hearts with love. When you are immersed in the spirit and filled with love, everything looks good and beautiful.

- Divine Discourse, Nov 21, 1988.

Source: radiosai.org
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:35 pm

TOL:-

While I keep a diary on the number of times I go to watch the boats, to the driving range, watch a movie, have a massage or the "quality time" I spend with the kids, I have not kept tab on my "acts of kindness or service".

So starting this year, I will also try to keep tab on this activity...
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby LenaHuat » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:06 pm

Peter Lim is giving.....RI, ST's School Kid etc. What's happened to the estate of that Ng Teng Fong, I wonder :?:
Please be forewarned that you are reading a post by an otiose housewife. ImageImage**Image**Image@@ImageImageImage
LenaHuat
Big Boss

Postby kennynah » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:15 pm

is this the peter lim who tried unsuccessfully to buy a british soccer team??
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby LenaHuat » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:16 pm

Hi K, yes. He has bought Thomson Medical and his team of 2 leading doctor-administrators were top guns in the government medical service.
Please be forewarned that you are reading a post by an otiose housewife. ImageImage**Image**Image@@ImageImageImage
LenaHuat
Big Boss

Postby kennynah » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:24 pm

thanks L :)
solid lah this chap.... a remisier became wealthy....and now, a hospital owner... thumbs up :!:
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby winston » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:04 pm

If you are compassionate to the have-not's, you will receive abundance. It's an important concept. Help feed the impoverished.
~ Dr. Pillai
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:18 am

I think some of you have some airmiles that may be expiring.

If you dont really need the trinket or the trip, maybe you may want to think about donating your airmiles to your favourite charitable organization.

As for me, I find the process of redeeming the airmiles a big hassle, so I have been donating my airmiles to my favourite charitable organization. I'm sure they would be using my airmiles for a good purpose..
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby kennynah » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:18 pm

winston wrote:As for me, I find the process of redeeming the airmiles a big hassle, so I have been donating my airmiles to my favourite charitable organization. I'm sure they would be using my airmiles for a good purpose..

W : i assure you that i can also make good use of your airmiles... can i send you my krisflyer membership no.? :mrgreen:

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby Aspellian » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:58 pm

winston wrote:TOL:-

While I keep a diary on the number of times I go to watch the boats, to the driving range, watch a movie, have a massage or the "quality time" I spend with the kids, I have not kept tab on my "acts of kindness or service".

So starting this year, I will also try to keep tab on this activity...

Winston da-ge,

Curious - may I ask why you keep a diary on No.of times of certain activities?

I understand the various needs/purposes to keep a diary/journal - but to record number of times of XXX activity.... abit different. ;)

PROMISE, PASSION, PEACE, POWER, PURPOSE, PLAN, PATIENCE, PERSEVERANCE, PROTECTION
DELIGHT, DISCIPLINE, DILIGENT, DETERMINATION, DESIRE

"Its not whether you're right or wrong thats important, but how much money you make when you're right and how much you lose when you're wrong." - Warren Buffet
Aspellian
Boss

PreviousNext

Return to Archives