US - 2010 Predictions

Re: US - 2010 Predictions

Postby winston » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:34 am

LenaHuat wrote: Lately I have been posting optimistic msg abt the local economy. What abt the US economy? The US is no longer in recession :o Anyone's seeing the lights at the end of the US tunnel and think it's time to average up?

Hi LenaHuat,

I guess it depends on how you think the the US economy is going to have an impact on your investments.

As I basically invest in HK & China, I dont really see my investments being impacted that greatly from a "New Normal" in the US.

The following are some of my thoughts yesterday:-
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=510&start=120

Take care,
Winston
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby LenaHuat » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:22 pm

Hi Winston :D
Thanks a million for your generous sharing and thoughts. I think you are right about Asia after all Americans are shifting their money into emerging market ETFs. Asia now has a big emerging middle class. I seriously think there is some decoupling with the US economy.
Please be forewarned that you are reading a post by an otiose housewife. ImageImage**Image**Image@@ImageImageImage
LenaHuat
Big Boss

Postby LenaHuat » Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:27 pm

The combined daily volumes of NYSE/AMEX/NASDAQ is only ard +5b compared to +9b last year this time.
It seems (according to this HSBC guy on CNBC) that this is lower than the SSE on some days.
Please be forewarned that you are reading a post by an otiose housewife. ImageImage**Image**Image@@ImageImageImage
LenaHuat
Big Boss

Postby LenaHuat » Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:26 am

I thought next week's mid-term elections are almost cast in stone - the GOP will back to dominate the House and the Senate will be 50:50, with maybe a seat lopped to the Democrats. Only 1/3 of the Senate seats are up for re-election. Obama looked burnt out on the Daily Show. He's already limping. If so, the Street should be steadying its feet even more. Maybe many managers have already achieved their profit margins for the year and so they are acting defensively, by standing at the sides :lol: It has been some good months for stocks.
LenaHuat
Big Boss

Postby profittaker » Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:20 pm

Prediction until 2013. Fascinating diagram which sums up gov bond, commercial loan and others issues with US.

learning to swim. Welcome to comment on my Options trading journal
profittaker
Foreman

Postby LenaHuat » Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:07 am

Hi profittaker
Thank Q for the diagram. Obama's term ends on 20 January 2013 and so there wouldn't be a Obama "New Deal 2013" :lol:
In fact, after the mid-term elections, the Democrats are the majority in the Senate, but without authority. Obama is already a lame duck. My great concern about US capitalism right now is the dearth of business leaders who could drive their economy forward. It takes a batch of creative innovative entreprenaurs (maybe around 50 to 80).
LenaHuat
Big Boss

Postby kennynah » Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:39 am

jus my unqualified sense that the level of entrepreneurial spirit overall globally, has dropped a notch ever since the last financial crisis.. China excepted...
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby behappyalways » Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:47 pm

血要热 头脑要冷 骨头要硬
behappyalways
Millionaire Boss

Previous

Return to Archives