Dataprep

Dataprep

Postby winston » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:13 pm

not vested

Dataprep extends gain to rise 34.48% amid talk of corporate exercise

By Adam Akmal Aziz

KUALA LUMPUR (March 20): Shares of Dataprep Holdings Bhd extended its rally from last Friday to gain 34.48% in active trade this morning.

Last Friday, Dataprep’s share price jumped 61.11% to close at 43.5 sen, amid speculation that major shareholder Datuk Lim Chee Wah will conduct a major corporate exercise with the counter.

The company was not immediately available for comment.

At 10.19am today, Dataprep’s counter rose 15 sen to 58.5 sen, with 94.7 million shares traded.

Dataprep is the only listed entity controlled by Lim via VXL Holdings Sdn Bhd.

VXL and Dataprep are both heavily involved in the development of Genting Secret Garden Resort in China, the US2.9 billion skiing resort which doubles as the venue for Beijing Winter Olympics 2022.

Bursa Malaysia issued an unusual market activity (UMA) query to Dataprep on Friday, to which the company said it is not aware of the reasons behind the surge.

SJ Securities senior remisier KC Goh told theedgemarkets.com that shares of Dataprep were traded above 360-day moving average lines on Friday, signalling the return of long term funds to the counter.

Source: The Edge
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Re: Dataprep

Postby winston » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:30 pm

not vested

The secret of China’s Genting Olympic resort

BY HO WAH FOON

The central government has built an elevated highway to cut down travel time from Beijing to the resort, and is also constructing a high-speed rail from Beijing to Secret Garden, which will bring travel time down to 47 minutes when completed in 2019.

Currently, travel by road takes about three to four hours.

Once it’s fully developed, the mountain resort will boast 88 slopes totalling more than 70km in length and 22 high-quality European engineered lifts with a total length of 30km.

It will become a multifunctional resort, with an annual capacity of 1.8 million visitors.

We have so far invested RM1bil. The whole project will cost over RM10bil. Financing comes from equity and local bank loans.

Equity-wise, it’s only me and my brother Tan Sri Lim Kok Thay (chairman and chief executive of Genting Bhd). I am the majority shareholder.

(What is your share?) As to our individual shares – it is between me and my brother.

I still control Malaysia-listed Dataprep Holdings Bhd.

VXL Group, which is owned by me, is a major investor in Secret Garden.

When we completed the hotel in 2013 and commenced operations, we invited “Genting” to come on board.

Right now, “Genting” is being promoted here as China Genting Snow Park. By 2022, advertising value for “Genting” will be tremendous.

Source: The Star

http://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2 ... -tongs-th/
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Return to A to D