Interview with Winston

Re: Interview with Winston

Postby ichew » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:16 pm

hi winston

nice to read abt ur interview :)
just want to thank u for all ur postings ... i had benefitted a lot from them

btw r u working full-time or trading full-time now?

cheers
ichew
ichew
Foreman

Postby winston » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:39 pm

Hi ichew,

I think you would probably call it "trading full-time".

However, most full time traders have a lot of stuff to trade everyday. As for me, I dont really have alot of stuff to trade everyday. Sometimes, none at all ...

Example:

For the past trading week, I did not trade on 2 of the 5 trading days. So it's not really "trading full time" :?.

So I will call it "looking for trading ideas" full time :P.

Most of my time nowadays, are spent looking for short term trading ideas ...

I have also enjoyed your postings. Very useful indeed.

Take care,
Winston
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby helios » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:28 pm

Legardary Winston,

I see that you are very busy answering all the questions ... ...

Why not give us a recap on how this forum was spun-off?

Is it possible to give us more revealing hints, positions on your existing trades now (6 - 12 months timeframe)?
helios
Permanent Loafer

Postby kennynah » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:30 pm

wah...good to read about our old bird !!!

thanks W...unfortunately, we trade different markets and instruments...else, so much more we can discuss...
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby winston » Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:19 pm

San San wrote: Why not give us a recap on how this forum was spun-off?

Not too sure what you meant.

The idea for this forum started when people were leaving WS one by one.

At WS, I already knew that grandrake was very good with IT and stuff like that. When kennynah left WS, I got kennynah to contact grandrake, to see whether grandrake could help us start a forum. The rest was history and now we have a place to post and share ideas :D.

The challenge now is to decide on the Next Steps for the forum:-
1) How are we going to pay for the expenses of maintaining the forum ? Not too many people are clicking on the advertizements. Revenue till date is only Sin$15 :(
2) Do we want to rely on Donation only or look for Corporate Sponsorship or maybe charge a nominal fee ?
3) As we also have some trolls and spammers lurking in the forum, do we want to close our membership to the public ?
4) How do we encourage more participation among our existing members ?

I'm inlined towards the following:-
1) Close the membership of the forum to the general public
2) New members can still join if referred from an existing member or if they give us a good reason why we should accept them. Just two sentences would be enough to discourage any spammers and trolls
3) New members will need to pay a nominal feel of Sin$50 to help maintain the forum. This will discourage most troll and spammer.
4) Old members who have been active, need not pay any membership fees. This would also encourage more participation among the existing members.
5) Old members who dont post will be given time to participate. After a reasonable period, if they still have not participated, we may then have to impose a membership fee, to help pay for the expenses of the forum.
6) Members who have been interviewed would be given life time memberships
7) As the forum is one of my vehicles to give something back in my Second Half, we will keep it
Non-Profitable. All monies collected would be use to promote and maintain the forum.

Anyway, the above is just my inclination. I have not talked to the rest of the senior members yet eg. 802, kennynah, millionairemind and yourself. I prefer to spend my time looking for trading ideas :P

Is it possible to give us more revealing hints, positions on your existing trades now (6 - 12 months timeframe)?

Nowadays, I look at things only 2 to 3 weeks at a time. I'm not too good with trades that are longer than 2 to 3 weeks.
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:36 pm

kennynah wrote:thanks W...unfortunately, we trade different markets and instruments...else, so much more we can discuss...

Ha Ha ... I find your US market Direction thread very useful for my short term trades in HK and Singapore. As you know, HK and Singapore is spinless and takes it's direction from the US and SSE. Take care, Winston
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby tonylim » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:49 pm

Hi Winston,

Many thanks for all your sharing.
All the best.

Tony Lim
Last edited by tonylim on Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
查颜观色,静观其变,审时度世.
tonylim
Boss' Left Hand Person

Postby Cheng » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:55 pm

Hey Winston,

Thanks for sharing unconditionally and maintaining this forum, really appreciate it. :D

Cheers!
Cheng
"The really big money tends to be made by investors who are right on qualitative decisions." Warren Buffett

"Risk no more than you can afford to lose, and also risk enough so that a win is meaningful." Ed Seykota

Scan with FA, Time with TA, Volatility is my Friend. :)
Cheng
Foreman

Postby Aspellian » Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:58 pm

Hi Winston,

Thanks for your interview. The very fact that you are looking hard at what you can do in your Second Half shows that you have done alot in your First Half. You have been there and tried that for so many things - such that nothing excites you alot except your kids, family, a good trade and fishes.

Maybe you can set up some community related stuff that also combine your hobbies eg.fishes? [just a wild idea]

just like to add that this forum is really fabulous and i have benefitted tremendously. it really opened my eyes to the world of investment, its various instruments, the knowledge and hardwork required. I do hope that in many years to come as I look back on my investment journey, I will believe that this forum is my turning point. :mrgreen:

reading your suggestions for the forum - i do support your ideas. memberships are to have its priviledges. cos noted that there are too many guests in this forum. ;)

PROMISE, PASSION, PEACE, POWER, PURPOSE, PLAN, PATIENCE, PERSEVERANCE, PROTECTION
DELIGHT, DISCIPLINE, DILIGENT, DETERMINATION, DESIRE

"Its not whether you're right or wrong thats important, but how much money you make when you're right and how much you lose when you're wrong." - Warren Buffet
Aspellian
Boss

Postby lithium » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:39 pm

Finally the big boss has introduced himself! Thanks for all the sharing Winston. I think your current interest now is to share in forum :D
"Play Great Defence, not Great Offence "
lithium
Boss' Left Hand Person

PreviousNext

Return to Interview with Members