Interview with Winston

Re: Interview with Winston

Postby winston » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:52 am

Ha Ha ichew,

Dont worry. Our membership numbers are not enough to have substantial revenue from advertizements.
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby stargazer » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:23 pm

Winston wrote:
I have worked and lived in 5 countries.
I used to like traveling but because I have been traveling a lot for work, I also dont quite like traveling nowadays.
I stopped the heavy reading as I can get a lot of stuff on the internet nowadays.
I'm married with two boys
I have put my thoughts on… a letter that I wrote for… my younger boy's Humanities Class…
So I will call it "looking for trading ideas" full time . Most of my time nowadays, are spent looking for short term trading ideas ...

Hi stargazer, I'm all over the place. I do spend a lot of my time in China and HK.

Winston, you have experience, travelled a good amount, able to get a lot of stuff from the internet, are married with two boys, and it looks like your boys are studying in Singapore (correct me please if I am wrong), you spend most of your time looking for short term trading ideas, and you are looking for trading ideas full time.

May I ask you this question please, “Why do you have to be all over the place, and spend a lot of your time in China and HK, when you can remain at home with your family, and look for trading ideas?"
stargazer
Loafer

Postby ichew » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:25 pm

ichew (part-time sherlock) got 2 guesses :)
my guess is either (a) winston has businesses in hk and china or (b) winston's immediate family is in hk n china
ichew
Foreman

Postby kennynah » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:28 pm

maybe "extended" family.... 8-)
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby winston » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:34 pm

Ha Ha ... I dont normally discuss personal matters online hence I have restricted this interview to my trading experience and not on personal matters.

Take care all,
Winston
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby sidney » Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:10 pm

Hi Winston, have you ever consider writing a book, sort of like to leave a legacy. It could be a compilation of your trading and other life expriences. You have read, travelled alot.. I think if you put pen to paper many people could benefit:D

Sid
Tempered.
sidney
Foreman

Postby winston » Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:24 pm

Hi Sid,

Very good to hear from you :)

I'm flattered but I dont think that my book would sell enough copies, for it to be worth the time and energy.

Anyway, this is the internet age. People have short time span and dont read books anymore. Personally, I have not read a book for a few months already. Sometimes, the fonts are too small. Other times, I dont have the attention span or patience to go through a book anymore.

However, if you can find one of those writers who would write a book for other people, I can give it a further thought :P. But it would not be something that I would be pursuing on my own, at this point in time.

Take care,
Winston
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby sidney » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:11 am

Hi Winston,

I have been reading posts but not very active in posting in forum
:mrgreen

surely if your books ever gets to the market, i will buy:)

Sid
Tempered.
sidney
Foreman

Previous

Return to Interview with Members