Life 31 (Oct 18 - Jan 19)

Re: Life 30 (Jun 18 - Nov 18)

Postby winston » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:50 am

Finding silence

If you have followed this inquiry into what is meditation, and have understood the whole process of thinking, you will find that the mind is completely still.

In that total stillness of the mind, there is no watcher, no observer, and therefore no experiencer at all; there is no entity who is gathering experience, which is the activity of a self-centred mind.

Don’t say, “That is samadhi”—which is all nonsense, because you have only read of it in some book and have not discovered it for yourself.

There is a vast difference between the word and the thing. The word is not the thing; the word door is not the door. So, to meditate is to purge the mind of its self-centred activity.

And if you have come this far in meditation, you will find there is silence, a total emptiness. The mind is uncontaminated by society; it is no longer subject to any influence, to the pressure of any desire.

It is completely alone, and being alone, untouched, it is innocent. Therefore there is a possibility for that which is timeless, eternal, to come into being.

This whole process is meditation.

The Book of Life, December 29, Harper San Francisco, 1995

Source: jkrishnamurthi.com
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby behappyalways » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:13 pm

【死亡預約5之5】老人及精神病患可安樂死 荷蘭教授拒再做把關人
https://hk.news.appledaily.com/local/re ... 6/58877954
血要热 头脑要冷 骨头要硬
behappyalways
Millionaire Boss

Postby winston » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:28 am

Being related

Without relationship, there is no existence: to be is to be related...

Most of us do not seem to realize this—that the world is my relationship with others, whether one or many.

My problem is that of relationship. What I am, that I project; and obviously, if I do not understand myself, the whole of relationship is one of confusion in ever-widening circles.

So, relationship becomes of extraordinary importance, not with the so-called mass, the crowd, but in the world of my family and friends, however small that may be—my relationship with my wife, my children, my neighbor. In a world of vast organizations, vast mobilizations of people, mass movements, we are afraid to act on a small scale; we are afraid to be little people clearing up our own patch.

We say to ourselves, “What can I personally do? I must join a mass movement in order to reform.” On the contrary, real revolution takes place not through mass movements but through the inward revaluation of relationship—that alone is real reformation, a radical, continuous revolution.

We are afraid to begin on a small scale. Because the problem is so vast, we think we must meet it with large numbers of people, with a great organization, with mass movements. Surely, we must begin to tackle the problem on a small scale, and the small scale is the “me” and the “you.”

When I understand myself, I understand you, and out of that understanding comes love. Love is the missing factor; there is a lack of affection, of warmth in relationship; and because we lack that love, that tenderness, that generosity, that mercy in relationship, we escape into mass action which produces further confusion, further misery.

We fill our hearts with blueprints for world reform and do not look to that one resolving factor which is love.

The Book of Life, March 19, Harper San Francisco, 1995

It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:19 am

Why should we persist in constant recitation of the Divine’s Name today and every day?

Chant the Divine’s name continuously.

It will serve as a bridge between you and Him; it will keep you focused on Him and bring on you His boundless Grace!

- Divine Discourse, Oct 09, 1964.

Keep the name of the Divine always radiant on your tongue and mind, which will keep the antics of the mind under control.

Source: radiosai.org
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:20 am

Energy creates its own discipline

To seek reality requires immense energy; and, if man is not doing that, he dissipates his energy in ways that create mischief, and therefore society has to control him.

Now, is it possible to liberate energy in seeking God or truth and, in the process of discovering what is true, to be a citizen who understands the fundamental issues of life and whom society cannot destroy?

You see, man is energy, and if man does not seek truth, this energy becomes destructive; therefore society controls and shapes the individual, which smothers this energy. ...

And perhaps you have noticed another interesting and very simple fact: that the moment you really want to do something, you have the energy to do it. ... That very energy becomes the means of controlling itself, so you don’t need outside discipline.

In the search for reality, energy creates its own discipline. The man who is seeking reality spontaneously becomes the right kind of citizen, which is not according to the pattern of any particular society or government.

The Book of Life, June 1, Harper San Francisco, 1995

winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:07 am

What are some flaws and errors we must stay clear from?

Do not get elated at the riches, status, authority, or the intelligence which you are bestowed with.

Consider them as signs of His grace, opportunities of service, and symbols of responsibility given to you on trust, so that you may benefit others.

Never seek to exult over others' faults; deal empathetically with others’ shortcomings and mistakes.

Always seek the good in them, hear only good tidings about them and never give ear to scandal.

Detachment confers fearlessness and gives strength and courage, for, it is desire that weakens you and makes you cringe before those in authority and with influence.

Detachment endows you with self-respect, the capacity to stand up to slander and calumny.

Some weep at the slightest sign of defeat or disappointment. This is despicable behaviour. Why should you have fear or sorrow, with the Divine installed in the altar of your heart? He is in all beings, at all times.

Do you not know He is there, guarding you and guiding you?

- Divine Discourse, Oct 24, 1965.

Your journey of life will be safe and secure when you carry the light of love with you.

winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:09 am

The flash of understanding

I do not know if you have noticed that there is understanding when the mind is very quiet, even for a second; there is the flash of understanding when the verbalization of thought is not.

Just experiment with it and you will see for yourself that you have the flash of understanding, that extraordinary rapidity of insight, when the mind is very still, when thought is absent, when the mind is not burdened with its own noise.

So, the understanding of anything—of a modern picture, of a child, of your wife, of your neighbor, or the understanding of truth which is in all things—can only come when the mind is very still.

But such stillness can not be cultivated because if you cultivate a still mind, it is not a still mind, it is a dead mind.

... The more you are interested in something, the more your intention to understand, the more simple, clear, free the mind is. Then verbalization ceases.

After all, thought is word, and it is the word that interferes. It is the screen of words, which is memory, that intervenes between the challenge and the response.

It is the word that is responding to the challenge, which we call intellection. So, the mind that is chattering, that is verbalizing, cannot understand truth—truth in relationship, not an abstract truth.

There is no abstract truth. But truth is very subtle. It is the subtle that is difficult to follow. It is not abstract. It comes so swiftly, so darkly, it cannot be held by the mind. Like a thief in the night, it comes darkly, not when you are prepared to receive it.

The Book of Life, September 6, Harper San Francisco, 1995

winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:13 am

What is the importance between love and unity?

There are two kinds of "Devotional Song Prayers".

The former is for a specific time, like those held for a limited period, either in the morning or evening.

On the other hand, the latter involves constant contemplation on the Divine in the morning, evening or even during the night. It is constant contemplation on the Divine during all the three states - the waking, dream and deep sleep. It is thinking of the Divine constantly, at all times and at all places.

The divine name is highly potent. Each one of the several names of Him has one type of power specific to it.

If you wish to make good use of this power and derive lasting benefit out of it, you have to participate in the latter practice. In order to attain purity, it is not enough if chanting of the divine name is confined to a limited period. It has to be a continuous spiritual exercise throughout one’s life. Then only the divine name gets imprinted on one’s heart.

- Divine Discourse, Nov 13, 2007.

Chant any of the Divine's many names wholeheartedly with full faith. You will achieve great transformation.

winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:15 am

A thing of the mind

What we call our love, is a thing of the mind. Look at yourselves, sirs and ladies, and you will see that what I am saying is obviously true; otherwise, our lives, our marriage, our relationships, would be entirely different, we would have a new society.

We bind ourselves to another, not through fusion, but through contract, which is called love, marriage.

Love does not fuse, adjust—it is neither personal nor impersonal, it is a state of being. The man who desires to fuse with something greater, to unite himself with another, is avoiding misery, confusion; but the mind is still in separation, which is disintegration.

Love knows neither fusion nor diffusion, it is nether personal nor impersonal, it is a state of being which the mind can not find; it can describe it, give it a term, a name, but the word, the description, is not love.

It is only when the mind is quiet that it shall know love, and that state of quietness is not a thing to be cultivated.

The Book of Life, April 14, Harper San Francisco, 1995

winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:14 am

What is the significance of singing the Divine’s Name?

Do not lose the opportunity to lovingly sing the Divine’s Name.

Devotion and faith ensure the gift of knowledge of the Spirit, which is the greatest prize for the great adventure of birth, life and death.

Endeavour to remember this fact when you sing. Whatever you do, whoever you are, whatever work you perform, you will definitely succeed, provided you do not give up the recitation of His Name with love and devotion incessantly.

- Divine Discourse, Nov 13, 2007.

Firmly believe that the Divine’s Name is the Boat, which will take you over the sea of worldly life. The Name is more efficacious than the contemplation of the Form.

winston
Billionaire Boss

PreviousNext

Return to Archives