Life 31 (Oct 18 - Jan 19)

Re: Life 30 (Jun 18 - Nov 18)

Postby winston » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:30 am

What is the root-cause of all suffering and pain?

Although the Divine dwells in every person, this fact remains latent like oil in the gingelly seed.

To manifest the Divine within you, you must go through trials and ordeals. Love for Him should grow as a result of adversity.

Just as gold improves in brilliance, the more it is heated in the crucible, your devotion must shine when it goes through a constant purificatory process.

Remember, for all the cruelty and violence that we find in the world today, the root cause is selfishness. This must be eradicated.

Experience the Love Principle and rid the world of hatred. Once hatred is destroyed, world will be free from violence and strife. Cultivate Selfless Love and manifest love in all your thoughts and actions.

You will experience bliss. When you are filled with Love for the Divine, all pains and troubles will be forgotten.

To propagate this principle of Divine Love, the Divine descends in human form from time to time.

- Divine Discourse, Aug 21, 1992.

Desire destroys devotion, anger destroys wisdom, greed destroys work – hence sacrifice these bad qualities.

Source: radiosai.org
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:17 am

We must die to all our emotions

What do we mean by emotion? Is it a sensation, a reaction, a response of the senses?

Hate, devotion, the feeling of love or sympathy for another—they are all emotions. Some, like love and sympathy, we call positive, while others, like hate, we call negative and want to get rid of.

Is love the opposite of hate? And is love an emotion, a sensation, a feeling that is stretched out through memory?

... So, what do we mean by love? Surely, love is not memory. That is very difficult for us to understand because for most of us, love is memory. When you say that you love your wife or your husband, what do you mean by that?

Do you love that which gives you pleasure? Do you love that with which you have identified yourself and which you recognize as belonging to you? Please, these are facts; I am not inventing anything, so don’t look horrified.

... It is the image, the symbol of “my wife” or “my husband” that we love, or think we love, not the living individual. I don’t know my wife or my husband at all; and I can never know that person as long as knowing means recognition.

For recognition is based on memory—memory of pleasure and pain, memory of the things I have lived for, agonized over, the things I possess and to which I am attached. How can I love when there is fear, sorrow, loneliness, the shadow of despair? How can an ambitious man love? And we are all very ambitious, however honorably.

So, really to find out what love is, we must die to the past, to all our emotions, the good and the bad—die effortlessly, as we would to a poisonous thing because we understand it.

The Book of Life, May 6, Harper San Francisco, 1995

Source: jkrishnamurthi.com
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:24 am

How should our love for the Divine manifest in our daily life?

We have to develop fear of sin, love of the Divine and morality in society. Instead of developing fear of sin, we are enslaved by sin. Instead of seeking refuge in the Divine, we are submitting ourselves to difficulties.

Morality in society will lead to love of the Divine, which will in turn lead to fear of sin. Hence, we should uphold morality in society and dedicate ourselves to the Divine.

A Saint once prayed, “Oh Lord, I am deeply concerned about the fear of sin. I am unable to surrender to Your love. Please grant me the strength of conviction to bow down before Your divine love and bless me with strength to overcome difficulties”.

Every true devotee of the Divine must abstain from sinful acts and overcome sorrows and difficulties. Strive to attain the treasure of pure devotion!

- Divine Discourse, Aug 28, 2004.

There is no greater fortune than truly loving the Divine.

winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:37 am

What should we do to draw maximum benefit out of visiting a place of worship?

There are four kinds of temples:-
1. Vidyalaya (the temple of learning)
2. Bhojanalaya (the temple of food);
3. Vaidyalaya (the temple of healing) and
4. Devalaya (the temple of the Divine).

All the four are places of worship for man. You go to a Bhojanalaya (also means hotel or restaurant), eat good and tasty food you like and come out happy.

You go to a Vaidyalaya (hospital), consult a doctor and only receive prescribed treatment for the illnesses you are suffering from.

When you go to a Vidyalaya (an educational institution) you seek only knowledge in the subjects you are interested in.

Similarly when you go to a Devalaya (temple), ask yourself, do you conduct yourself properly? In a temple you should be concerned only with worship.

Instead of concentrating the mind on the Divine, why do you allow it to wander hither and thither and think about useless mundane affairs? Remember, if only you secure the grace of the Divine, everything will be accomplished easily!

- Divine Discourse, Aug 7, 1988.

When animal feelings are washed out, Divine feelings begin to flow freely.

winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:04 am

Cessation of anger

We have all, I am sure, tried to subdue anger but somehow that does not seem to dissolve it. Is there a different approach to dissipate anger?...

Anger may spring from physical or psychological causes. One is angry, perhaps, because one is thwarted, one’s defensive reactions are being broken down, or one’s security which has been carefully built up is being threatened, and so on.

We are all familiar with anger. How is one to understand and dissolve anger? If you consider that your beliefs, concepts, opinions, are of the greatest importance, then you are bound to react violently when questioned.

Instead of clinging to beliefs, opinions, if you begin to question whether they are essential to one’s comprehension of life, then through the understanding of its causes there is the cessation of anger. Thus one begins to dissolve one’s own resistances which cause conflict and pain.

This again requires earnestness. We are used to controlling ourselves for sociological or religious reasons or for convenience, but to uproot anger requires deep awareness...

You say you are angry when you hear of injustice. Is it because you love humanity, because you are compassionate? Do compassion and anger dwell together? Can there be justice when there is anger, hatred?

You are perhaps angry at the thought of general injustice, cruelty, but your anger does not alter injustice or cruelty; it can only do harm. To bring about order, you yourself have to be thoughtful, compassionate.

Action born of hatred can only create further hatred. There can be no righteousness where there is anger. Righteousness and anger cannot dwell together.

The Book of Life, July 19, HarperSanFrancisco, 1995
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby behappyalways » Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:59 pm

【死亡預約5之2】13年間幫800人自殺 瑞士醫生剖白內心恐懼
https://hk.news.appledaily.com/local/re ... 5/58807763
血要热 头脑要冷 骨头要硬
behappyalways
Millionaire Boss

Postby winston » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:22 am

What is an easy bait that we fall for in our daily living, that distances us from the Divine?

One fatal weakness that prevents you from getting closer to experiencing the Divine is dambha: conceit, egoism, pride, the desire to be talked about or praised!

People take delight in talking tirelessly about their achievements and capabilities. They want that their names and deeds should appear in the daily papers in big bold letters!

This indeed makes them ludicrous and pitiable. It is not in the newspapers that you should strive to get attention.

Earn status in the realm of the Divine; earn fame in the company of the good and the holy, progress in humility, in reverence to elders and parents!

If you are forever in the primary class labouring over A B C, how can you make out the meaning of what experts teach?

Spirituality and Divinity is beyond the reach of the senses and you must listen, practice, and cherish noble ideals in your minds. Practise virtues and live in joy.

- Divine Discourse, Oct 10, 1964.

Fill the hearts with the light of love (Prema) so that the evil qualities of hate, greed and conceit find no place therein.

winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:15 am

What are the important questions that we are prompted from within to seek answers for and we should not ignore?

Adi Shankara asks, "Who are you, who am I, where did I come from, where am I going, what is the nature and purpose of all this movement and change, is there any stable base, any goal, direction or director?

Do not brush aside these questions from your mind. Each one of you gets this and it harasses you, when you are alone with something grand and awe-inspiring in Nature, or with some terrible or shocking incident in your own experience.

It is unwise to forgo these precious moments and turn again to the humdrum of life, without pursuing the inquiry to which you are prompted.

Guru comes to warn and awaken. He reveals the truth and encourages you to progress towards it.

Unless you have the yearning, the questioning heart, and the seeking intelligence, he cannot do much. The hungry can be fed; the one without hunger will discard food as an infliction.

- Divine Discourse, Jul 14, 1965.

Come into the world with the question,"Who am I?" Leave it with the answer, "He I am".

winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:34 am

There is no such thing as living alone

We want to run away from our loneliness, with its panicky fears, so we depend on another, we enrich ourselves with companionship, and so on.

We are the prime movers, and other become pawns in our game; and when the pawn turns and demands something in return, we are shocked and grieved.

If our own fortress is strong, without a weak spot in it, this battering from the outside is of little consequence to us.

The peculiar tendencies that arise with advancing age, must be understood and corrected while we are still capable of detached and tolerant self-observation and study; our fears must be observed and understood now.

Our energies must be directed, not merely to the understanding of the outward pressures and demands for which we are responsible, but to the comprehension of ourselves, of our loneliness, our fears, demands, and frailties.

There is no such thing as living alone, for all living is relationship; but to live without direct relationship demands high intelligence, a swifter and greater awareness for self-discovery.

A “lone” existence, without this keen and flowing awareness, strengthens the already dominant tendencies, thus causing unbalance, distortion.

It is now that one has to become aware of the set and peculiar habits of thought-feeling which come with age, and by understanding them, make away with them. Inward riches alone bring peace and joy.

The Book of Life, March 21, Harper San Francisco, 1995

winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:52 am

Self-knowledge

Right thinking comes with self-knowledge. Without understanding yourself, you have no basis for thought; without self-knowledge what you think is not true.

You and the world are not two different entities with separate problems; you and the world are one. Your problem is the world’s problem.

You may be the result of certain tendencies, of environmental influences, but you are not different fundamentally from another. Inwardly we are very much alike; we are all driven by greed, ill will, fear, ambition, and so on.

Our beliefs, hopes, aspirations have a common basis. We are one; we are one humanity, though the artificial frontiers of economics and politics and prejudice divide us.

If you kill another, you are destroying yourself. You are the center of the whole, and without understanding yourself you cannot understand reality.

We have an intellectual knowledge of this unity but we keep knowledge and feeling in different compartments and hence we never experience the extraordinary unity of man.

The Book of Life, January 30, Harper San Francisco, 1995

winston
Billionaire Boss

PreviousNext

Return to Archives