Boredom strikes! 01 (Jul 08 - Oct 09)

Re: Its here again

Postby sesdaqfan » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:51 pm

grandrake wrote:
sesdaqfan wrote:the weekend I mean. Seriously missing my weekend dose of live EPL and SPL games.

SPL? You mean the Scottish League? :D :D :D or Spanish Primera Liga?

Celtic and Rangers ok lah. So don't see them no up. I'm a Barca supporter.
sesdaqfan
Coolie

Re: Weekends - Chit Chat Thread

Postby kennynah » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:52 pm

i am a supporter of MU

Money United.... :lol:
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby sesdaqfan » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:58 pm

kennynah wrote:i am a supporter of MU

Money United.... :lol:

Same as me sonny. Noth'g like a chip off his o' man I reckon. Ain't good eh.
sesdaqfan
Coolie

Re: Its here again

Postby blid2def » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:10 pm

sesdaqfan wrote:
grandrake wrote:
sesdaqfan wrote:the weekend I mean. Seriously missing my weekend dose of live EPL and SPL games.

SPL? You mean the Scottish League? :D :D :D or Spanish Primera Liga?

Celtic and Rangers ok lah. So don't see them no up. I'm a Barca supporter.

No lah, I mean - my impression of the Scottish Premier League is just like what you said:

Celtic vs Rangers. Again, and again, and again, and again... oh, heng heng Aberdeen run out one time, okay back to same story. I used to remember many years ago, Dundee Utd (I think) used to get into the mix. Now it's just the Old Firm over and over and over.

Well, EPL is more or less the same; since the EPL started, it's been the Big Four - though Liverpool (sadly) hasn't been much of an argument for a long time - but it's been basically the same 4 teams mostly (short of the early years when Blackburn won it once).

Speaking of this reminds me of what a self-inflicted tragedy Leeds are. First they sell Cantona to the Mancs to fuel the new dynasty. Then they screw up mightily over-spending to fuel their European campaign and end up relegated and in administration.
blid2def
Permanent Loafer

Postby sesdaqfan » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:25 pm

Hi Granny,
I guess its only a couple of us here who like the weekend flutters. Old firm or Lady is ok, as long as they play good ol' football. As for Leeds, they are history until the next revival. Are you a cantona fan?
sesdaqfan
Coolie

Postby kennynah » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:26 pm

leeds bought this fosters-motivated aussie striker a few seasons ago... everytime i see him kick ball, macam big into makan money....

like kanu's infamous....1metre-away-from-open-goalpost-sky-ball shot

if u didnt see this, u aint seen no soccer man...
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby sesdaqfan » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:32 pm

kennynah wrote:if u didnt see this, u aint seen no soccer man...

yea...you are go'amed right. Ain't seen noth'g yet.
sesdaqfan
Coolie

Postby blid2def » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:41 pm

sesdaqfan wrote:Hi Granny,
I guess its only a couple of us here who like the weekend flutters. Old firm or Lady is ok, as long as they play good ol' football. As for Leeds, they are history until the next revival. Are you a cantona fan?

Cantona? Nah. I'm a 'Pool fan. I liked Gary Mac in the Leeds team (even before he joined 'Pool). And then there was that African gem in the later years, whose name always escapes me... ah... oh yes, (thanks to Google) - Tony Yeboah. Man, that lad could murder keepers with his amazing long range stunts. The goal against Pool that he scored - even as a Pool fan I had to applaud that. And the Goal of the Season against Wimbledon is something I'll always remember.

Embedded videos have been disabled.
Click to view video: http://youtube.com/watch?v=5mibmlTgEcU

Hmm... Leeds in a green/blue striped strip - I don't even remember that. Haha.
blid2def
Permanent Loafer

Postby blid2def » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:42 pm

kennynah wrote:leeds bought this fosters-motivated aussie striker a few seasons ago... everytime i see him kick ball, macam big into makan money....

like kanu's infamous....1metre-away-from-open-goalpost-sky-ball shot

if u didnt see this, u aint seen no soccer man...

You can't be talking about Viduka right? I actually think he's pretty good (if you're talking about him). :D
blid2def
Permanent Loafer

Postby kennynah » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:46 pm

yes...viduka...you are right...and yes, he is not a bad player...just too mercenary like many foreign players in the EPL...but understandable...it's not their own league and they are under contract...who pays, who gets...so simple..

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

PreviousNext

Return to Archives