Boredom strikes! 01 (Jul 08 - Oct 09)

Boredom strikes! 01 (Jul 08 - Oct 09)

Postby kennynah » Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:58 pm

i just have an urge to start this thread...which if it doesnt get traction....i'll kill it...

meant for chit chatting ...any topic....consolidated here...dont have to find that illusive thread to post...

so , say, i feel like saying :

always crap cable shows on saturdays ... here it is...
Last edited by kennynah on Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Re: Weekends - Chit Chat Thread

Postby blid2def » Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:04 pm

Actually, try to catch this show "Hot Fuzz" on HBO. British dark comedy, kind of like a cross between "The Simpsons" cartoon and "Bad Boys". :D
blid2def
Permanent Loafer

Postby kennynah » Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:08 pm

i saw that last week.....actually damn funny show....brit shows are generally less vulgar...than american ones..
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby blid2def » Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:19 pm

kennynah wrote:i saw that last week.....actually damn funny show....brit shows are generally less vulgar...than american ones..

Hahaha... yeah, I enjoyed that too. It's in the same vein as a few Brit comedies I've seen:
- Lock Stock & Two Smoking Barrels
- Snatch

Both were previously shown on HBO; both are directed by Guy Ritchie. I like the way he splices scenes together. :D

Another funny British comedy not shown on TV before (as far as I know) - Waking Ned Devine. Funny shit that one.
blid2def
Permanent Loafer

Postby pepper » Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:22 pm

I like "millions" and "the full monty".

As for british tv comedies (new ones), i like -- little britain, catherine tate shows, the office and goodness gracious me.
pepper
Coolie

Postby pepper » Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:30 pm

actually some australian comedies are quite good too, i have seen "mauriel's wedding" and "the adventures of priscilla, queen of the desert" (it is abt drag queens)
pepper
Coolie

Postby kennynah » Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:39 pm

h yeah "the full monty" was hillarious

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby pepper » Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:58 pm

K and GR, u may wish to chk out "millions", the story line is interesting/unique and rather funny. Those young boys can really act too.

fm wiki --
Millions tells the story of 7-year-old Damian, whose family moves to the suburbs of Manchester after the death of his mother. Soon after the move, Damian's "hermitage" is obliterated by a bag of money flung from a passing train. Damian immediately shows the money to his brother, Anthony, and the two begin thinking of what to do with it. Anthony, the selfish one, wants the money only for himself and his entertainment.

Damian, the kind-hearted and religious of the two, had recently overheard three Latter Day Saint missionaries lecture other members of the community on building foundations of rock rather than foundations of sand, an old Christian principle which dictates that self-worth should be based on spirituality rather than worldly things like money and wealth. The lecture inspires Damian, who is particularly enamoured with the missionaries because of the name of their church; Damian is obsessed with saints, studying their biographies and even seeing them in his day-to-day activities as visions. He immediately begins looking for ways to give his share of the money to the poor; at one point he even stuffs a bundle of cash through the missionaries' letter box, having heard about their modest lifestyle and decided that they too must be poor.

Throughout the story, Damian commits small acts of kindness like buying birds from pet stores and setting them free and taking beggars to Pizza Hut, while Anthony bribes other kids at school into being his transportation and bodyguards, and looks into investing the money in real estate.

The story takes place within a week of The Bank of England's (fictional) change from the pound (£) to the Euro (€); an assembly is held at Damian's school to inform the children about the change, as well as to educate the children about helping the poor. Realising that the money, which is in pounds, will be no good after a few days, Damian decides that the best thing to do would be to give it all to the poor before the conversion.
pepper
Coolie

Postby kennynah » Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:37 pm

ok thanks pep. Maybe hv to borrow DVD

on a separate topic, wat's a great Sunday activity besides watching movies?

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby kennynah » Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:44 pm

just had some steamed prawns with garlic garnishing. Hv u guys ever picked prawns from supermarket, eg sheng shiong? I hv Fiume that one can find pretty fresh ones without needing to pay extra for the live ones. Just make sure they feel firm when u lightly press them. Those that are too soft usually means they hv been dead for too long n I suppose their meat has started "decomposing" haha. Can't think of a better word

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Next

Return to Archives