Boredom strikes! 01 (Jul 08 - Oct 09)

Re: Weekends - Chit Chat Thread

Postby pepper » Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:23 pm

kennynah wrote:ok thanks pep. Maybe hv to borrow DVD

on a separate topic, wat's a great Sunday activity besides watching movies?

Makan/yum cha lor. Or u can go listen to yr friends sing karaoke (eagles songs). A walk in the park??? Some people enjoy cooking.

alternatively, you can go to the beach and listen to yr "take on me" by A-ha ( i remember...........) and if u recall i recommended the song "kokomo". After catching the movie "wanted", i realised there is another appropriate song to listen to at the beach -- "pina colada". But on a sunday it may not be easy to find a quiet beach. Crowded everywhere on Sundays, i prefer to stay in but in the morning i will bring my doggy to the park for a nice walk.

pina colada
Embedded videos have been disabled.
Click to view video: http://youtube.com/watch?v=QVdhZwK7cS8
pepper
Coolie

Postby blid2def » Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:37 pm

kennynah wrote:just had some steamed prawns with garlic garnishing. Hv u guys ever picked prawns from supermarket, eg sheng shiong? I hv Fiume that one can find pretty fresh ones without needing to pay extra for the live ones. Just make sure they feel firm when u lightly press them. Those that are too soft usually means they hv been dead for too long n I suppose their meat has started "decomposing" haha. Can't think of a better word

LOL... yah basically I just look for firm shells - once they feel soft, it means that steaming them will result in prawns with "sticky" shells that are a pain to peel, and with mushy meat. I sometimes also press the tip of the head a bit - it should feel firm & sharp... if soft soft, also indication of lack of freshness.

I won't say "decomposing" lah, but you know, things in nature can't stay firm forever, so... :mrgreen:
blid2def
Permanent Loafer

Postby blid2def » Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:43 pm

kennynah wrote:ok thanks pep. Maybe hv to borrow DVD

on a separate topic, wat's a great Sunday activity besides watching movies?

In the mornings - for a short period before I reinjured my knee - I'd take the effort to go all the way to Bukit Timah hill for a morning hike. Can be pretty siong for the knees though if you've hurt them before. In the evenings, play frisbee with my wife - good, just find an open ground and toss. Or experiment with different types of recipes if you're the cooking type, or tend the nursery/garden (for me it means a few pots at the balcony). :)
blid2def
Permanent Loafer

Postby kennynah » Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:26 am

thanks. All very good suggestions. Sleep is wonderful, especially on a rainy day.
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby kennynah » Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:36 pm

canoeing in the waters of east coast? anyone has 1st hand experiences renting a canoe there?

i recall an incident when i canoed off the waters of pulau ubin...it was just after dusk and the skylight was deeming very quickly...but was not totally pitch dark yet...

then, a very large shadow swam directly under my single person canoe...!!! scared the heck outa me.. i froze..and didnt wan to peddle just in case, i thought, in my panic, i capsize the canoe... then i become seafood...hahaha... until today, i dont know what creature could have been so huge..at least 5m by 5m...a stingray i thought later...

sunday chit chat....better write some more...if not later winston merge this thread with "moh lae toh" thread....hahaha...

winston : joking with you lah...u doing great by pruning, else meaningless threads like this will start sprouting ....
anyways, please merge if you feel the need to ...thanks for the housekeeping...
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby blid2def » Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:06 pm

Yah, many years back... okay lah, nothing good or bad. :D

Actually, I'd love to try dinghy sailing again. Not sure if we can rent dinghies at East Coast / Changi? I first (and last) tried dinghy sailing during my NCC Outward Bound School days... very exciting back then. Lots of work, but nice experience.
blid2def
Permanent Loafer

Postby kennynah » Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:10 pm

eh...that's not bad...dinghy sailing is fun....provided got wind...if no wind...eat grass...dinghy stay put...and if it is in the path of an ocean liner...which was what happened to us(also OBS experience)...those 2 things can shrink fast fast...used peddle instead...emergency situations calls for emergency actions...hahaha..

duno where can rent dinghy...

i suppose u need at least 2 persons to operate a dinghy?

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby kennynah » Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:42 pm

Pep: half listening to music half watching a neughbourhood soccer match. Match of this quality better than most a-league matches I used to watch

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby helios » Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:48 pm

yo K,

oo ... what's kinda of quality?

hulks?
hunks?
helios
Permanent Loafer

Postby kennynah » Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:51 pm

San
dribbling n shooting skills. Good sportsmanship

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

PreviousNext

Return to Archives