Durian - King of Fruits 01 (May 08 - May 09)

Re: Durian - King of Fruits

Postby durio » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:02 am

kennynah wrote:and when u find one...please post here...i have always wanted to go on a durian tour....do nothing but just traverse all the way to boleh land and when arrive, gusto down those lovely, gorgeous and delicious durians....

remember, if you come across a tour, whether it be CC or commercial, that offers these trips....be sure to post the details here...ok? thanks.

if i post, will u promise to go & review ah? :mrgreen:
LIFE IS ABSURD - WE ARE FREE - BE MERRY ~ THE FREEDOM MANIFESTO
durio
Loafer

Postby kennynah » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:05 am

only if you drive me there...ok ?
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby durio » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:12 am

kennynah wrote:only if you drive me there...ok ?

u take tour package mah ... :mrgreen:
anyway i only got 2 wheels wor :lol:
durio
Loafer

Postby kennynah » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:15 am

ok...noted... you post actual location...complete with map, pricing and types of durians they sell

and then i will give u a review after i visit them.... 8-) tx
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby durio » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:25 am

durio
Loafer

Postby kennynah » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:39 am

the most intriguing thing happened, when i googled for "mao shang wang durian picture".... this came up :?: :?: :?: :roll:

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby kennynah » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:41 am

i think this is more appropriate and appetizing a picture....don't you agree ? :lol:

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby Cherry » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:11 pm

durio wrote:

hmmm ... i think I paid $12/kg for mao shan wang only leh

the foto i posted here is my mao shan wang

Hi Durio

Can tell me where did you buy your mao shan wang durian for $12/kg? Is it recently?

The durian in your foto, hope you don't mind my description, does not look very appetizing. It looks over-ripe, too wet, flesh not consistently creamy and smooth and drooping down at the edges, centre seed appears to have streaks of fibre which normally have a flat taste. This is what I interprete from the foto and not a description of anything else. Hope you don't mind. (Wish interpreting stock charts is that easy!)

I agree with you, as stated in your earlier post, that prices at Sindy are normally higher than elsewhere. But the difference in the prices between $22/kg and $12/kg is too wide a spread! However, during the high season in June, I bought mao shan wang durian from Sindy and also from a stall at Geylang, the durian from Sindy seemed to be better. Not sure if true, sprinkled with talisman water or psychology?
Last edited by Cherry on Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cherry
Foreman

Postby iam802 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:28 pm

kennynah wrote:the most intriguing thing happened, when i googled for "mao shang wang durian picture".... this came up :?: :?: :?: :roll:

So, assuming Mao Shang Wang at $12/kg...then this one... I estimate 50kg...

Wah..comes to about $600 for this Mao Shang Wang leh.
1. Always wait for the setup. NO SETUP; NO TRADE

2. The trend will END but I don't know WHEN.

TA and Options stuffs on InvestIdeas:
The Ichimoku Thread | Option Strategies Thread | Japanese Candlesticks Thread
iam802
Big Boss

Postby kennynah » Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:12 pm

No way pay $600 for this kampong variety :) hahaha

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

PreviousNext

Return to Archives