Durian - King of Fruits 01 (May 08 - May 09)

Durian - King of Fruits 01 (May 08 - May 09)

Postby kennynah » Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:34 pm

802 ... which stall ? can recommend? thanks.

((edited after 802 post below))

ok...thanks 802...lor25, it is...

i usually patronise the stall diagonally opposite lor 9.... where they have quite a selection of D24s... and reasonably priced for the quality.. they are situated just at the entrance of a small slip dead-end road
Last edited by kennynah on Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Re: Dangerous Food

Postby iam802 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:39 pm

I have been to the first stall, second stall and the one at Lorong 25

I find the one at Lorong 25 service best. And Lorong 25 (the other end also got good wanton mee)

First stall, that guy not confident of saying his durians 'bitter enough' (weird way of selling)
1. Always wait for the setup. NO SETUP; NO TRADE

2. The trend will END but I don't know WHEN.

TA and Options stuffs on InvestIdeas:
The Ichimoku Thread | Option Strategies Thread | Japanese Candlesticks Thread
iam802
Big Boss

Durian - King of Fruits !

Postby kennynah » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:55 am

Image Image Image Image

delicious....just looking at them....it's now durian season....jan and july evey year....the naturally harvested durians are out in lorly loads at geylang
Last edited by kennynah on Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:39 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Re: Food - Glorious Food

Postby kennynah » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:08 am

and so, i was surfing around for nice durians pictures and came across this very recent post somewhere out there in the net....

it says that there are durian trees that are still bearing durians...right here in singapore...and at your friendly neighbourhood Yishun...see picture

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby kennynah » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:14 am

the last time, i saw durians with their stalks still intact to branches, was at pulau ubin....

drool.....better than looking at Ms Hong Kong parading in bikini :lol:

and the fruits from this tree....such golden skin...beeeeeeautiful.... no SKII can perform this magic

even the husks can be so pretty....

Image Image Image

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Lelong! Lelong! Durians for 10 cents

Postby mojo_ » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:19 am

Durians are going for just 10 cents. The irresistible offer was made by a stall in Geylang Lorong 25, Lianhe Wanbao reported. But each customer is limited to five durians. On Monday, the seller said he could price it such because of a huge harvest in Malaysia, and predicts there is enough supply to make the offer last two weeks.

This article was first published in The New Paper on July 16, 2008.
Not what but when.
mojo_
Foreman

Postby kennynah » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:28 am

10cents still smell until like that....hahaha....but i guess, bcos only can buy 5 durians each, so try to get baby D24s....hahaha...

simple solution to the quota system....buy 5....go to car...walk back...another 5...so many people, how cna the vendor remember...and anyways....like they care...no one complain, they just go ahead and sell them lah...

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby la papillion » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:34 am

There's a new durian stall at still road, called Four seasons durian. If the name is anything to go by, i think we'll see them selling durians everyday :) They do sell other fruits as well, and there are seats there for pple to eat there and then. Can't miss it, it's bright green in colour, with a big giant durian hanging near the roadside :)

I don't eat durians, never eaten before in my entire life, haha!
An investment operation is one which, upon thorough analysis promises safety of principal and an adequate return - Benjamin Graham
la papillion
Boss' Left Hand Person

Postby kennynah » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:53 am

mojo/asp : thanks for the recommendations...

i have a friend, whose entire family is crazy over this fruit, they decided to grow them in their backyard....this was in 1994...it's been 14 years since..

they chose 2 seeds from their best tasting sessions, and literally planted them. they waited for 7 years, before they began harvesting the first batch of durians...but some reasons, those 2 D24 seeds didnt quite produce the same kind of solid quality expected. maybe the soil was not right...dunno...

nevertheless, they have been having free durians since...every season, they would get anything from 30-60 fruits...not bad...

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby pepper » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:55 am

what a coincidence, i just ate some durians tonight. I also like the durian pengat fm ellenborough mkt cafe, swissotel merchant court. Very shiok!!!!! i recently brought my hong konger friend there, she had 4 bowls of it!!!!
pepper
Coolie

Next

Return to Archives