Names

Names

Postby LenaHuat » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:30 pm

左看右看,习近平实在是个好名。
:) What do others think?
No need for 'dragon' lah, 'gang' lah, 'yang' lah. :mrgreen:
Somehow, these names and hence the associated persons sound intimidating to others.

Juz some stray thoughts whilst waiting for my dinner. 2day, I think I talk too much liao.
Please be forewarned that you are reading a post by an otiose housewife. ImageImage**Image**Image@@ImageImageImage
LenaHuat
Big Boss

Re: What's in a name??

Postby helios » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:39 pm

丽娜姐,这个名字 。。特好,有领导者的风范 :!:
helios
Permanent Loafer

Postby la papillion » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:04 pm

"What's in a name? That which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet."

How true, san :)
An investment operation is one which, upon thorough analysis promises safety of principal and an adequate return - Benjamin Graham
la papillion
Boss' Left Hand Person

Postby millionairemind » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:47 pm

Paiseh :oops: I very Sua Ku...

Who is ä¹ è¿‘å¹³????
"If a speculator is correct half of the time, he is hitting a good average. Even being right 3 or 4 times out of 10 should yield a person a fortune if he has the sense to cut his losses quickly on the ventures where he has been wrong" - Bernard Baruch

Disclaimer - The author may at times own some of the stocks mentioned in this forum. All discussions are NOT to be construed as buy/sell recommendations. Readers are advised to do their own research and analysis.
millionairemind
Big Boss

Postby kennynah » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:55 pm

what's in a name ?

it's all the love the parents unconditionally accord a child...that's what's in a name... :geek:
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby LenaHuat » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:23 pm

MM, Xi is the guy on the right. He's the Chinese Vice-President expected to succeed President Hu in 5 years' time. I also like 温家宝,听起来好友善,好窝心,好近平 :!:

Please be forewarned that you are reading a post by an otiose housewife. ImageImage**Image**Image@@ImageImageImage
LenaHuat
Big Boss

Postby millionairemind » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:26 pm

Lena,

Much thanks. I too sua ku lah!!! Must really double on my reading....

Cheers,
mm
"If a speculator is correct half of the time, he is hitting a good average. Even being right 3 or 4 times out of 10 should yield a person a fortune if he has the sense to cut his losses quickly on the ventures where he has been wrong" - Bernard Baruch

Disclaimer - The author may at times own some of the stocks mentioned in this forum. All discussions are NOT to be construed as buy/sell recommendations. Readers are advised to do their own research and analysis.
millionairemind
Big Boss

Postby helios » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:28 pm

丽娜姐:您好用心,特棒!
一张图代表一切 。。。

我在想习近平回到新加坡签订贸易协议吗?
Last edited by helios on Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
helios
Permanent Loafer

Postby LenaHuat » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:33 pm

Hi SanSan Meimei :)
Yo, U are too polite :D . Me, juz kaypoh.
But I read faces (studied how to read them from books and also attended talks) and so I make the efforts to read the faces of almost all present and future political leaders of countries in my radar. OK, rather loi-so 2day hor.
LenaHuat
Big Boss

Postby blid2def » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:36 pm

Ha - so coincidental; just 2 days ago, while watching a Taiwanese variety program, that was this young chap whose name was "X大同" (X = some surname, I didn't pay attention).

I turned to my wife and remarked that the name sounded simple, but the meaning behind it was immense. Assuming whoever named him had this in mind:

大同世界与大容世界 http://www.china.com.cn/chinese/zhuanti/xxsb/942445.htm

Speaking of 温家宝 - when I hear the name I always think of 温家堡 in 《碧血剑》... hahahaa
blid2def
Permanent Loafer

Next

Return to Miscellaneous