Please do introduce yourself here !

Re: Singapore - Residential Properties & HDB 5 (Apr10 - May10)

Postby Stradlinz » Fri May 07, 2010 7:09 pm

Hi mm and Aspellian.. Thks for the warm welcome :) Still a newbie in investing world so not much to contribute.. Anyway this is a very informative and great forum!! Cheers..
Stradlinz
Loafer

Postby Aspellian » Sat May 08, 2010 12:31 am

Hi Stradlinz,

we are all newbies - each day is a learning day. I came to realise - the more i know, the more I dunno!

Last time i think i am good in investing, after learning the hard way, and seeing the hard work and dedication those in this forum do each day (through reading, thinking, strategising, real action and being yet humble), I realised i have a long way to go!

Sometimes its through contributing and asking questions that we get to learn more (together). ;)

PROMISE, PASSION, PEACE, POWER, PURPOSE, PLAN, PATIENCE, PERSEVERANCE, PROTECTION
DELIGHT, DISCIPLINE, DILIGENT, DETERMINATION, DESIRE

"Its not whether you're right or wrong thats important, but how much money you make when you're right and how much you lose when you're wrong." - Warren Buffet
Aspellian
Boss

Postby kennynah » Sat May 08, 2010 12:57 am

Stradlinz wrote:Hi mm and Aspellian.. Thks for the warm welcome :) Still a newbie in investing world so not much to contribute.. Anyway this is a very informative and great forum!! Cheers..

i agree...this is one of the best forums around...

and welcome :!:
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Re: Genting International

Postby kennynah » Sat May 08, 2010 10:50 am

candlestick wrote:last time i was active at channelnewsasia following HenryLing and bigbrother buy calls. but after the sub-prime things, both went MIA. dont know where r they now.

please advice

hello ad welcome candlestick...

a couple of possibilities :

a) they made so much money....they bought themselves resorts and retired from active trading...
b) they decided that this is not their interests anymore
c) they found a different calling in life...so went pursuing them
d) they decided not to post their trades
e) they got banned by admin
f) they retreated to 武当山 to meditate and regroup investment strategies
g) ....
h) ....

etc, etc.... the possibilities are quite infinite...

or they lost so much money, their account got busted, got discouraged and not investing/trading anymore...
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Re: Please do introduce yourself here !

Postby hyomy » Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:36 pm

Hello,

I have been following this forum on and off. Although the membership is not big like Channelnewsasia, this forum certainly has some interesting characters - like Kennynah (options guru), MusicWhiz (Value investor guru), millionairemind (Canslim guru) and of course Winston (Founding Father).

I think there are several more but please don't be insulted if you have been left out.

I thank all of the interesting posts which gave me food for thought, though I may not agree with all of them.
hyomy
Loafer

Postby kennynah » Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:19 pm

Welcome hyomy :)

I dare not consider myself an options guru, not out of modesty but reality.

Options as a leveraged instrument intrigued me n my curiosity led me to some intense research. As I began to better comprehend this instrument, I became clear to me that it isn't its leveraging effect that is enticing.
Anyone who has been led into believing that options trading possesses an edge over trading other instruments, without being informed of the accompanying risks, is simply getting hoodwinked.

No doubt, options can be very useful when used properly..but trading options in itself is not suitable for lesser experienced traders.

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby hyomy » Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:30 pm

Hi Kennynah,

There are very few knowledgeable options expert on internet forums in Singapore who are willing to share their knowledge like you. Maybe they are too busy making money to spare the time.

Would like to write more but PM Lee's rally speech will be starting soon. Wonder what gifts he has in store for us. After all, this is an election year!
hyomy
Loafer

Postby kennynah » Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:46 pm

hyomy wrote:Would like to write more but PM Lee's rally speech will be starting soon. Wonder what gifts he has in store for us. After all, this is an election year!

ohhh....it's time to leave the house and go for dinner then....enjoy yourself.... 8-)

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby millionairemind » Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:27 pm

Welcome hyomy.

The TA folks co-exist very well with the FA folks here and we are all here to learn from one another.

We hope to hear more from you in the future.

PS: I am no guru.. just some regular joe. :D
"If a speculator is correct half of the time, he is hitting a good average. Even being right 3 or 4 times out of 10 should yield a person a fortune if he has the sense to cut his losses quickly on the ventures where he has been wrong" - Bernard Baruch

Disclaimer - The author may at times own some of the stocks mentioned in this forum. All discussions are NOT to be construed as buy/sell recommendations. Readers are advised to do their own research and analysis.
millionairemind
Big Boss

Postby hyomy » Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:01 pm

Hi millionairemind,

The TA folks co-exist very well with the FA folks here and we are all here to learn from one another.

Yes, you are definitely right. The people here are more open-minded as compared to the Sage of WallStraits who insisted that fundamental analysis is the only way and chartists are like people who practised the dark arts. The best thing I learned from him (him being a negative demonstration) was to have an open and flexible mind when it comes to investing.

TA or FA, both methods can make money. It is just a matter which method one is suited to. I must say the CANSLIM concepts you explained are quite refreshing to FA practitioners.

Now, back to PM speech.
hyomy
Loafer

PreviousNext

Return to Archives