Musicwhiz's Blog

Musicwhiz's Blog

Postby Musicwhiz » Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:06 pm

Dear all, kindly visit my blog (address stated below) which is dedicated to my value investing philosophy. Feel free to share views/opinions on the various topics discussed through the "comments" box. Thanks for your support ! :D
Please visit my value investing blog at http://sgmusicwhiz.blogspot.com
Musicwhiz
Boss' Right Hand Person

Re: Musicwhiz's Blog

Postby kennynah » Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:06 pm

dear mw :

it's always good to see you again....

by the way, why dont u occasionally cut and paste some of what you write in your blog into this forum as well....share with us so we can learn from your value investing philosophy....

of cos, i dont expect you to paste everything...else, who will visit your blog, which is the purpose of advertising here, right... but maybe just a meaningful section as a teaser....then in this case, it becomes a win-win situation for both you and the forummer/s with interest in this website... fairer arrangement, dont you think?

ps : will u consider putting up a reciprocal link to www.wookup.com/huatopedia at your blog ?
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby Musicwhiz » Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:44 am

Hi all, I did a post on Behavioural Finance Series on Over-Reaction Bias. Below is a small para from that post (please visit my blog for the full posting):-

"To continue with this series on behavioural finance, I now touch on the concept of over-reaction bias. The first two parts dealt with the problems of mental accounting (compartmentalization of money into distinct and discrete "accounts") and over-confidence (a typical human trait where most people feel that they are infallible). Over-reaction bias is a type of behaviour which results in human beings over-reacting to certain news, which is another way of saying you "let your emotions override your good sense"."

Regards,
Musicwhiz :)
Musicwhiz
Boss' Right Hand Person

Postby Musicwhiz » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:40 pm

Dear all, my review of PAH FY 2008 financials has been posted on my blog. Kindly have a visit and leave comments if you wish, thanks ! :)

A sample as follows:-

"For FY 2008, revenues were 32% up from HK$5.3 billion to HK$7 billion, while cost of sales only increased 26.3% from HK$4.3 billion to HK$5.5 billion. This reflects better efficiencies which PAH was able to employ in their operations, and gross margin improved from 17.8% in FY 2007 to 21.6% in FY 2008. However, selling and distribution expenses rose significantly (by 214%) as a result of higher expenses incurred in selling fishmeal and also PAH's expanded operations."
Musicwhiz
Boss' Right Hand Person

Postby Musicwhiz » Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:39 pm

Dear all, Part 1 of my review and analysis of Boustead's FY 2008 financials and prospects has been posted on my blog. Kindly leave comments if you wish, thanks ! A sample is as follows:-

"If one takes a close look at the Income Statement, revenues for FY 2008 had increased 27.5% compared to FY 2007, while COGS had increased by 33.5%. As a result, gross margin dropped from 34.1% in FY 2007 to 31.0% in FY 2008. This can probably be attributed to the slew of constructions projects which Boustead Projects had taken up, in which the cost of materials had been rising in the past year."

:D
Musicwhiz
Boss' Right Hand Person

Postby blid2def » Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:43 pm

LOL - haven't seen you around for a while. Welcome back! :D
blid2def
Permanent Loafer

Postby Musicwhiz » Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:50 pm

Thanks Grandrake ! Actually, I've been posting in Ezra, Swiber and Boustead threads for quite some time, and been engaging Winston on several aspects of their businesses too. :D
Musicwhiz
Boss' Right Hand Person

Postby blid2def » Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:00 pm

Musicwhiz wrote:Thanks Grandrake ! Actually, I've been posting in Ezra, Swiber and Boustead threads for quite some time, and been engaging Winston on several aspects of their businesses too. :D

Oops! Paiseh, paiseh.... (ducks away because he doesn't trade much SGX stocks and so didn't read....) :D
blid2def
Permanent Loafer

Postby Musicwhiz » Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:57 am

My latest post deals with the issue of a bear market and how we should embrace it instead of fearing it.

Here's a snippet from "The Beauty of a Bear Market":-

"On hindsight, it would have been extremely obvious to a casual observer and a reasonable person that the market would turn bearish this year. That is the problem in general with predictions - they are usually extremely accurate only by looking at history ! However, this post is not to lambast people who attempt to time market cycles (some do get it fairly accurate but are often unable to repeat the "stellar" performance); but rather, it is a post to illustrate how one should take full advantage of a bear market to look for bargains."

Kindly visit my blog to read the full posting. :)
Musicwhiz
Boss' Right Hand Person

Return to Archives