Chinese Songs 01 (May 08 - Dec 12)

Re: Chinese Songs

Postby millionairemind » Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:17 pm

LenaH,

Wah, you and I belong to the same era.. I loved Jeff Chang's songs back in the 90s... ;)

Cheers,
mm
"If a speculator is correct half of the time, he is hitting a good average. Even being right 3 or 4 times out of 10 should yield a person a fortune if he has the sense to cut his losses quickly on the ventures where he has been wrong" - Bernard Baruch

Disclaimer - The author may at times own some of the stocks mentioned in this forum. All discussions are NOT to be construed as buy/sell recommendations. Readers are advised to do their own research and analysis.
millionairemind
Big Boss

Postby kennynah » Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:21 pm

who's jeff chang....i only know beyonce...hahaha....always 25 at heart :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby yeokiwi » Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:49 pm

kennynah wrote:let me practice my hanyupinyin here...

黄 should it be HWANG or WANG

I've also thought that WANG = (aiya...i cannot construct chinese character) the word "king" in chinese

haha.. my HYPY has deteriorated too.
It should be Huang Guo Lun.
yeokiwi
Loafer

Postby helios » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:08 pm

yo, MM, Lena, Kiwi,

here's e classic opera song i like (it's definitely in your era too) when i was studying chinese literature in e uni-days.

e song was eventful and sorrowful. in fact, u shld know that e whole chunk of lyrics is built ard tiananmen square protest in 1989, 天安门事件。

when i was in China, i walked from e head to tail ends of e square w my china friend, via e underground tunnel, which was so well-connected ...

let me juz do a translation on 2 crucial parts:

(i) 所谓:不要在午夜问路怕触动了伤心的魂(人)
e above sentence hinges on e sad melancholy feelings on those who'd died on e eventful day, e word 魂 (souls) = refers to 人 (civilians who were once alive), lingering on e street warfare, in mid-night hours.

(ii) 也所谓:城门
e gate is not just e physical form, literally it means e reforming & liberalisation of e political system.

one night in Beijing
北京一夜、陈升、刘佳惠
词\陈升 刘佳慧曲\陈升京剧(老生 花旦)\刘佳慧编曲:李正帆

女:不想再问你你到底在何方
不想再思量你能否归来么
想着你的心想着你的脸
想捧在胸口能不放就不放

男:one night in beijing 我留下许多情
不管你爱与不爱都是历史的尘埃
one night in beijing 我留下许多情
不敢在午夜问路怕走到了百花深处

女:人说百花的深处住着老情人缝着绣花鞋
面容安详的老人依旧等着那出征的归人

男:one night in beijing 你可别喝太多酒
不管你爱与不爱都是历史的尘埃
one night in beijing 我留下许多情
把酒高歌的男儿是北方的狼族

女:人说北方的狼族会在寒风起站在城门外
穿着腐锈的铁衣呼唤城门开眼中含着泪

男:呜………………我已等待千年为何城门还不开

女:呜………………我已等待了千年为何良人不回来

合:one night in beijing 我留下许多情

男:不敢在午夜问路怕触动了伤心的魂
合:one night in beijing 我留下许多情
男:不敢在午夜问路怕走到了地安门

女:人说地安门里面有位老妇人犹在痴痴等
面容安详的老人依旧等着那出征的归人

男:one night in beijing 你可别喝太多酒
走在地安门外没有人不动真情

合:one night in beijing 你会留下许多情
不要在午夜问路怕触动了伤心的魂(人)

男: one night in beijing one night in beijing
女:不想再问你你到底在何方
不想再思量你能否归来么
想着你的心想着你的脸
想捧在胸口能不放就不放

男:one night in beijing 你会留下许多情
不敢在午夜问路怕触动了伤心的魂

Embedded videos have been disabled.
Click to view video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLbwCIQHxi0&feature=related
Last edited by helios on Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
helios
Permanent Loafer

Postby kennynah » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:14 pm

i was studying chinese literature in e uni-days.

ai ya.... my mei mei study chinese literature one ah.... another amazing discovery....u r so effective bilingual... so super good... pei fu pei fu...until wu(2) ti(3) tou(2) di(4)
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby helios » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:23 pm

nope, i seriously like Lena's picks.

she's damn good [all solid solid].
helios
Permanent Loafer

Postby LenaHuat » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:04 pm

MM - O rly :!: :!: U and I are of the same Jeff-Chang era :!: This makes me smile.

KK - If U're always 25, then it's Tam's era. Quite advanced right?? Ha, ha. No wonder shy about showing us your legs?? but not abt the face. BTW, Tam is indeed youthful looking.

SanSan - U've posted my fav number by Chen Shen (must use Taiwanese spelling and not Hanyu Pinyin). U know, he holds his live concerts in Taiwan every year on 1 January lor. One day, I must attend one of them.
Please be forewarned that you are reading a post by an otiose housewife. ImageImage**Image**Image@@ImageImageImage
LenaHuat
Big Boss

Postby yeokiwi » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:44 pm

Sang by Eric Moo.
Composed by Liang Wenfu

Embedded videos have been disabled.
Click to view video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-PaEYKqVeU&amp;feature=related

He was my favourite singer when I was young.
I liked his old songs.
Last edited by yeokiwi on Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yeokiwi
Loafer

Postby kennynah » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:48 pm

eric moo and i were acquainted when we were schooling...he is indeed a very talented singer and passionate about music...of cos, academic compromised as a result... nevertheless, it's just unfortunate that he didnt appear to have that "ren chi" X-factor... his short lived marriage was also a bane to his professional image...

poor boy... in entertainment world...it's about packaging... even andy lau can make it as a singer...eric moo's natural talent in singing is many many folds better than this "heavenly king"

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby LenaHuat » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:56 pm

Hi K - Wah, U played bola or goli with Eric Moo. :roll:
Yes, Eric has a very good voice.
Actually he got into some contractual trouble with 刘文正 (the flamboyant ex-singer) who was his manager. He was kept in 'cold storage' as Liu could flex his muscles in the entertainment world then.
Please be forewarned that you are reading a post by an otiose housewife. ImageImage**Image**Image@@ImageImageImage
LenaHuat
Big Boss

PreviousNext

Return to Archives