PC & IT 01 (May 08 - Oct 08)

Re: PC & IT

Postby kennynah » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:46 pm

somethings are best to GR.... if we can do all these IT stuff like he can... what else can he do? :lol:
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby la papillion » Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:06 pm

Wahaha, thks! :) Do share more with us GD :)
An investment operation is one which, upon thorough analysis promises safety of principal and an adequate return - Benjamin Graham
la papillion
Boss' Left Hand Person

Postby iam802 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:16 pm

Heard MS pay Seinfield millions for the ad.

Does anyone understand what the ad is trying to sell?
Embedded videos have been disabled.
Click to view video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImyK29QLs_A
1. Always wait for the setup. NO SETUP; NO TRADE

2. The trend will END but I don't know WHEN.

TA and Options stuffs on InvestIdeas:
The Ichimoku Thread | Option Strategies Thread | Japanese Candlesticks Thread
iam802
Big Boss

Postby blid2def » Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:47 pm

I'm a big Seinfeld fan... but that was freakin' weak.
blid2def
Permanent Loafer

Postby winston » Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:28 am

Skype admits Chinese privacy breach

Skype, the online text messaging and voice service, said it was ''extremely concerned'' by monitoring of Internet chat by its Chinese partner reported by Canadian researchers.

Skype said it learned on Wednesday that a previously disclosed text filter operated by TOM-Skype, a joint venture between Chinese mobile firm TOM Online and Skype, had been altered.

Skype issued the apology after Citizen Lab, a University of Toronto research group, reported that China was spying on Skype users, censoring politically sensitive messages and storing them on servers.

In a 16-page report, Citizen Lab said ''TOM-Skype is censoring and logging text chat messages that contain specific, sensitive keywords and may be engaged in more targeted surveillance.

AGENCE FRANCE-PRESSE
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby blid2def » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:29 pm

One more Ubiquity command I wrote (if you check back to the others I've posted, you'll notice that the changes are pretty easy to make - you can just make minor adjustments and hey presto - you've got a new query command).

This one opens Reuters' company profiles page (usage: reuters ticker). Erm... only useful (just like the rest) for those who trade on the US markets.

Code: Select all
CmdUtils.CreateCommand({
  name: "reuters",
  icon: "http://www.reuters.com/favicon.ico",
  description: "Opens the Reuters profile page for the input stock ticker",
  homepage: "http://wookup.com",
  author: { name: "KM Tan", email: "[email protected]"},
  license: "GPL",
  takes: {"index symbol": noun_arb_text},
  preview: "Shows info for the input stock ticker.",
  execute: function(reuters) {
    var url = "http://www.reuters.com/finance/stocks/companyProfile?symbol={QUERY} ";
    var param = reuters.text.toUpperCase();
    var urlString = url.replace("{QUERY}", param);
    Utils.openUrlInBrowser(urlString);
  }
})
blid2def
Permanent Loafer

Postby winston » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:01 am

It's Good to Know: Don't Search for These Celebrities

In case you're thinking of doing a Google search on Brad Pitt, Justin Timberlake, or George Clooney - don't. Same goes for Beyonce, Mariah Carey, and Heidi Montag. These are the top male and female celebrity names that are likely to lead you to malware (malicious software that can damage your computer), according to a recent McAfee study. A Brad Pitt search, for example, has an 18 percent chance of encountering malware.

Fake landing pages for these search terms appear to be legitimate news sources. But they often end up sticking worms and Trojan viruses into your computer. There's a high turnover rate for this trickery, too. Paris Hilton was the most dangerous celebrity to search for last year, but this year she doesn't even make the top 20.

(Source: Ars Technica)
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby kennynah » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:53 am

Paris Hilton was the most dangerous celebrity to search for last year, but this year she doesn't even make the top 20.

luckily...i only started searching her name....this year.....

ps : people who do not condone her lifestyle and attitude, should refrain from staying in Hilton Hotel... use your money to influence an outcome...
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby winston » Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:57 pm

Find a Restaurant Anywhere in 4 Seconds Flat By Lori Allen

Hand me your text-message-enabled cellphone, and I can find you an Indian restaurant in Paris, a public pool in Columbus, or a movie theater in Quebec in about four seconds.

How? With Google's latest innovation, Google SMS. You don't even have to pay for a call to use it. (It does require a text message, so check your cellphone plan to find out if you'll be charged a separate fee for that.)

I use this service all the time to find restaurant addresses when I've forgotten to bring them with me or I'm in a place that's not familiar.

Google SMS also does translations, weather forecasts, sports scores, flight information, word definitions, currency conversions, and all kinds of other useful things.

Just send a text message with the right word combination to 466453 (GOOGLE) and a response will be texted back to you before you can put your phone back in your pocket.

Be careful, though, because you have to get the Google SMS commands right to get the answer you're looking for. You can find out what they are, practice them (without actually sending text messages), and watch a demo at Google.com/mobile/default/sms.
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:57 pm

Find a Restaurant Anywhere in 4 Seconds Flat By Lori Allen

Hand me your text-message-enabled cellphone, and I can find you an Indian restaurant in Paris, a public pool in Columbus, or a movie theater in Quebec in about four seconds.

How? With Google's latest innovation, Google SMS. You don't even have to pay for a call to use it. (It does require a text message, so check your cellphone plan to find out if you'll be charged a separate fee for that.)

I use this service all the time to find restaurant addresses when I've forgotten to bring them with me or I'm in a place that's not familiar.

Google SMS also does translations, weather forecasts, sports scores, flight information, word definitions, currency conversions, and all kinds of other useful things.

Just send a text message with the right word combination to 466453 (GOOGLE) and a response will be texted back to you before you can put your phone back in your pocket.

Be careful, though, because you have to get the Google SMS commands right to get the answer you're looking for. You can find out what they are, practice them (without actually sending text messages), and watch a demo at Google.com/mobile/default/sms.
winston
Billionaire Boss

PreviousNext

Return to Archives