Success University 08 (Mar 11 - May 11)

Success University 08 (Mar 11 - May 11)

Postby winston » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:43 am

Achieve Big Results Using Simple Systems By Josh Hinds

I love simple. Simple works. When things are explained in a simple enough manner things translate into results.

To further illustrate my point let's take the following hypothetical situation and then make up and apply some "simple systems" so we can see first hand how using them can be of benefit to us.

1) Let's say I want to develop a positive habit. Nothing monumental in nature necessarily, but rather that I want to begin going for a walk once a day. Notice I didn't say climb Mount Everest or train for a marathon. Here we're talking about something I've got the ability to do, but that will actually take my making a conscious ongoing decision to see it through to the point that it becomes a habit.

For the scenario I laid out above, I would use the following "simple system"...

- Write the words "walk now", or "go for your daily walk", something to that effect in black sharpie marker (it's bolder then regular pen) on several 3×5 index cards.

- I would tape one card on my bedroom door. Why? Because by doing so I would be sure to have it staring me right in the face whenever I went in or out of the room.

- I would place another card on the dashboard (or perhaps attach it right by the radio) of my vehicle.

- I would place a card on my refrigerator, and on the desk where my computer is located. Places where I'm certain I would see the message which was on each card.

- I would very likely set up a recurring reminder on my handy dandy smart phone (heck, even the not so "handy dandy" ones can do reminders & alarms).

In short, in a very low-tech way I would literally bug the tar out of myself (yes, that's a real saying, I didn't make it up ;-) ) to the point where it is just easier to do the thing which needs getting done.

Yes, I'll fully concede that the ideas I just shared with you are simple in nature. As you can see the power is in the reminding. Friend, we don't need to know what to do in most cases (we've already got that part figured out).

Rather, we need only have what we know needs to get done strategically placed in such a way that it reminds us to the point that we opt to do the activity rather then continue to experience the ongoing sense of "gentle guilt" which pops-up every time we see one of our little reminders.

The interesting thing about this approach is that when you've actually gone for the walk, and you see one of those reminders you've set for yourself you get the added positive feeling which comes from having done what you know you committed to doing.

That is, you get to re-experience the positive feelings associated with having experienced the winning feeling of completing your goal, knowing it's moving
you that much closer to what you want.

So to sum things up, and place a nice big blue bow around what we're talking about here - the simple systems approach I have shared with you works because there is great truth in the old saying, "out of sight out of mind is a killer".

Meaning, the things we keep front and center tend to get done more often than those things which we lose track of. If this sounds overly simple, good. It's supposed to.

Remember... I get paid good money to the be the guy companies bring out when everyone absolutely must have things explained in such simple terms that everyone gets it :-)

Source: getmotivation.com
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Re: Success University 08 (Mar 11 - Jun 11)

Postby winston » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:45 pm

Each of us gets to have our own perspective from which we desire or prefer, and Source Energy answers every single one of us.

There's no shortage of Source; there's no shortage of answers; there's no shortage of substance.

There's no shortage of all of the stuff or non-stuff that any of us wants - there's no shortage of it. It expands proportionately to our ability to desire it.

--- Abraham

Excerpted from the workshop in Philadelphia, PA on Monday, May 3rd, 2004 # 730

Source: abraham-hicks.com
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:29 pm

The 10 Secrets of Failure By Jim Frances / Source: Real Mind Power Secrets

Top 10 secrets of failure:

1 – Remain positive all day long... for no reason. This is emotionally unnatural!

2 – Discuss your life's objectives with negative family and friends.

3 – Accept gratuitous advice from unsuccessful people.

4 – Follow-the-herd... because that is what everyone else is doing.

5 – Watch TV constantly... this is guaranteed to destroy all creativity.

6 – Heavily mortgage into debt and absolutely guarantee high stress for years to come.

7 – Remain in a business/personal situation where you are perpetually unhappy and stressed.

8 – Tell yourself continually that you are naturally unlucky.

9 – Become petty-minded and envious when someone you know has a major windfall.

10- Make lifestyle decisions based on spur-of-the-moment emotional feelings.

It is not what winners do that makes them so successful; it is what they don't do! They totally avoid the above 10 secrets of failure, either consciously or subconsciously.

Your world is formed in faithful replica of your own thoughts... If you think positive suggestions to yourself about a situation you send telepathic ammunition for positive use. You must learn to erase a negative thought or picture by replacing it with its opposite. But do not attempt to think positive thoughts all day long. Let your emotional swings work in the normal manner.

You should tell yourself frequently "I will only react to constructive suggestions." This gives you positive ammunition against your own negative thoughts and those of others. A negative thought, if not erased, will almost certainly result in a negative condition.

Say to yourself, "That is in the past. Now in this new moment, this new present, I am already beginning to change for the better." It does not do to repress negative thoughts, such as fears, angers, or resentment. They should be recognized, faced and replaced.

Recognize resentment when it is felt, and then realize that resentment can be dismissed. Initial recognition must be made. Then you must imagine removing the resentment "by its roots" and replacing it with a positive feeling.

You must watch the pictures that you paint with your imagination. Your environment and the conditions of your life at any given time are the direct result of your own inner expectations.

http://www.mindpowernews.com/FailureSecrets.htm
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:48 pm

Physical man gets into an uncomfortable place when he concludes, "I and those like me have come to the right decisions, and everybody that's living outside of these right decisions is wrong."

And then he spends his life pushing against all those "wrong" decisions and cutting himself off from the Life Force that would help him have joy in his, what he concludes to be, right decisions.

There is no one right path. There are endless paths, and the differences in the paths are what make them more and more, and more, perfect. The same old path no longer serves.

--- Abraham

Excerpted from the workshop in Orlando, FL on Saturday, February 3rd, 2001 # 731

winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:48 pm

You're not ever going to get it done.

Every time you evaluate contrast and conclude and then line up your Energy and allow it into your experience... at the same time you are achieving the result that you intended, you also achieve a new perspective from which to intend.

You can't stand still. In every moment, there is a whole new set of stuff... new ideas, new desires being born.

--- Abraham

Excerpted from the workshop in Detroit, MI on Saturday, April 25th, 1998 # 1

winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:12 am

"Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the men of old; seek what they sought."

Matsuo Basho
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:01 pm

What Halts People's Progress

“I feel lousy way too often.”

“Things don’t usually work out for me.”

“I always seem to screw things up eventually.”

This is the self-talk for way, way, too many people and it robs, steals us of
our happiness and fulfillment.

Let me share one idea with you today. Just one.

***Become AWARE of negative recurring thought patterns that sabotage and halt your progress.

“Mike, where do some of these negative recurring thoughts come from?”

Good question.

I don’t have all the answers, though let me share with you an idea.

Be on the watch for negative GENERATIONAL habits and mindsets that have rubbed off on you. (many times you don’t even realize it)

Selfishness.?

Depression.?

Lack of enthusiasm.?

Negativity.?

Victim mentality.

Most people don’t realize how powerful their environment is throughout their life.

Bring more SELF AWARENESS into your life.

Lift your thoughts. Start thinking more positively about yourself and what you can accomplish.

Negative generational habits that you’ve accepted limit your growth and accomplishments.

You can break them and experience new levels of fulfillment, self respect, and success.

Seek to become a GENERATIONAL SUCCESS. Seek to pass on a great mindset to your kids and their kids.

Tell yourself daily that you’re a great person, that GREAT things are about to happen for you.

Start expecting success, every day. In every part of your lives.

Sometimes we can think we’re positive, though our core mindset is negative.

We don’t truly expect to win.

See yourself in your mind SUCCEEDING now.

Stop letting your memory hold you back. Start using your imagination to break past negative programming.

Start enjoying life more. Increase your enthusiasm for living.

Our mental attitude directs our lives.

Let’s keep improving each day and seek to be the best we can be, you in?

Source: mikelitman.com
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:55 am

Napoleon Hill On Overcoming Procrastination

Procrastination is a dream destroyer.

It's like a big bomb exploding violently on our personal goals. The things we deeply cherish.

Boom. (loud)

After the explosion, all that's left is...regrets.

Regrets make us tremble inside. It's an internal earthquake that leaves us feeling empty.

For a long time procrastination held me deep inside its mongoose grip.

I couldn't shake it.

I couldn't slay it.

I'd walk 2 steps forward, then retreat 3 steps back.

For a 7 year period of time, procrastination and its sister 'scatteredness' wiped out over $150,027 from my bank account.

That's how much I figure these destroyers cost me.

Maybe more.

Now, think about how much money they've cost you?

What could you have done with that extra money, what could you have given your family?

What if you don't change? (frightening)

How will you FEEL being in this same place 2 years from now?

Feel it NOW.

Will you accept it?

Are you ready to change?

Are you sure?

I'm going to quote the great author Napoleon Hill on overcoming procrastination.

Ready?

'The principle of concentration is the medium by which procrastination is overcome. The same principle is the foundation upon which both self-confidence and self-esteem are predicated,'

You can stay where you are right now or you can take Napoleon Hill's advice and learn how to concentrate.

I hugged his advice and discovering how to concentrate propelled me to financial fre.edom. My progress happened as fast as Carl Lewis runs the 100 yard dash.

Procrastination is the thief of profit. Run from it. NOW.

Source: mikelitman.com
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:32 pm

"So, why am I who I am, and why am I born to who I am born to, and why is it set up the way it is set up?"

We say, "For the fun of it. For the joy of it. For the expansion of it. For the growth of it. For the difference in it. For the desire producing value in it."

--- Abraham

Excerpted from the workshop in Tarrytown, NY on Sat, October 17th, 1998 # 4

winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:41 pm

How are you using your thought energy? What are you thinking about from morning to night? You have to take responsibility for that.
~ Dr. Pillai
winston
Billionaire Boss

Next

Return to Archives