Snooker

Snooker

Postby kennynah » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:02 am

like golf, snooker also has a Master's Open...

2011 Master's finalists were decided this saturday...and a first in the history of this tournament, which has always been held in england, we will be watching 2 Asians, a PRC and a HK SAR, competing in tomorrow's final...

this final will be played on Sunday, 16Jan2011, at 155pm GMT. this means, singaporeans can catch this finals on BBC One (and i suspect over cable) at 955pm...

Marco Fu (HK SAR) vs Ding Junhui (China)

head to head stats...Marco is 5-3 up against Ding...

I watched both of them playing the semis... superb...very solid....no horse run.... i bet even steve davis, stephen henry, alex higgins, dennis taylor, jimmy white or any of those legendary players could (edited:) >> NOT win any of them, if they tried in their haydays...

tough one to call....but i lay my bets on Ding to take home the trophy...
Last edited by kennynah on Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Re: United Kingdom

Postby kennynah » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:27 pm

Ding 1-0 Marco

231pm GMT >> Ding 2-0 Marco

Ding Junhui

Marco Fu
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Re: Snooker

Postby winston » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:33 pm

i bet even steve davis, stephen henry, alex higgins, dennis taylor, jimmy white or any of those legendary players could win any of them, if they tried in their haydays...

Ha Ha ... you have a wasted youth like me.

I used to also watch all those players play. Even bought some of their videos :D
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby kennynah » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:38 pm

by the way, i play the game often when i was in singapore with likeminded folks... beers and pool session is what we call it...usually after and duringKTV HH outings, where we would book their rooms with a pool table... and of cos, we miss the easiest of shots by then...hahahaha...

i didnt buy the DVDs but borrowed books for references... 8-)

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby kennynah » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:44 pm

you guys should go watch this finals...

very high standards.... solid... :!: :!:

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby kennynah » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:27 pm

327pm gmt

ding 3-1 marco

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby Cheng » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:35 am

I like to watch people play, but dont like to play. Maybe because im lousy at it. :lol:
"The really big money tends to be made by investors who are right on qualitative decisions." Warren Buffett

"Risk no more than you can afford to lose, and also risk enough so that a win is meaningful." Ed Seykota

Scan with FA, Time with TA, Volatility is my Friend. :)
Cheng
Foreman

Postby kennynah » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:05 am

the finals is tradtionally played over 2 sessions within the same day.... with a break for dinner...

it started today 155pm and stopped at about 5pm...by which Ding led 6-2...

tough for marco to catch up but not impossible, when he caught up from a defeat of 4-1 to win the semi finals at 6-4; ie he won 5 straight frames aganst mark allen, his semi fianls opponent.

so, at 805pm, the final will resume but that means, it'll be 405am singapore time...you all be having a meeting with mr zhao at that time... :D

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby kennynah » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:02 am

it's 10pm GMT...or 6am sgp time..

and ding has a gigantic lead at 9-4

it could well be the last frame if Ding wins and lifts the trophy in a few more mins....

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby kennynah » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:12 am

DING wins the Master's :!: :!:

10 - 4

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Next

Return to Archives