Photos 04 (Jan 11 - Mar 11)

Re: Photos 04 (Jan 11 - Mar 11)

Postby kennynah » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:13 am

Several onlookers, including myself, were surprised by the existence of this sizeable fish in the pond at St. James Park, which this huge Pelican scooped up.

Pelican, St. James Park, London (1)
Pelican, St. James Park, London by Light Imager, on Flickr

Not just one but two catches by this Pelican at St. James Park pond.
Pelican, St. James Park, London (2)
Pelican, St. James Park, London by Light Imager, on Flickr
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby b0rderc0llie » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:44 am

Cool, i like the pelican :)
b0rderc0llie
Foreman

Postby kennynah » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:23 pm

Thanks BC..glad you liked them 8-)

It has been foggy over London since 15/3/2011. Today is the 2nd day of this weather phenomenon.
Normally, from this angle, one can clearly see the London Eye, which is a mere <2 km away.
Do you know what's causing this effect?

It's a Foggy Day..Halelujah ...It's a Foggy Day...Heh Heh Heh :lol:
Foggy London, 16Mar2011 by Light Imager, on Flickr
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby Aspellian » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:44 pm

kennynah wrote:
Aspellian wrote:Kenny Da-Ge,

what lens you owning now? do you bring various lens out and change lens or just use one only?

Your potraits all taken from zoom lens?

my lenses are all cheap cheap ones... all of them are recycled lenses (read, used lenses) which i bought from resale market ...
these are what i have :
tamron 90mm f/1.5 macro
nikkor afs 50mm f/1.8
nikkor afs 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5
sigma 18-50mm f/2.8
nikkor afs 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6

Thank you Kenny Da-Ge for your kind sharing and advice. its much appreciated. i do wish i have more time on hand to take pictures. :lol: As of now, i am getting my photo-taking kicks by looking at your pictures - wondering what mode or exif you using, what angles you using, position, highlights etc... highly enjoyable! Cheers!

PROMISE, PASSION, PEACE, POWER, PURPOSE, PLAN, PATIENCE, PERSEVERANCE, PROTECTION
DELIGHT, DISCIPLINE, DILIGENT, DETERMINATION, DESIRE

"Its not whether you're right or wrong thats important, but how much money you make when you're right and how much you lose when you're wrong." - Warren Buffet
Aspellian
Boss

Postby kennynah » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:55 pm

bro asp : we share our experiences... look forward to your next shots... i understand, sometimes, the entire equipment can be heavy and it requires patience to wait for the right moment to capture certain shots...even if chance presents, we must be there to seize it... like the QEII passing by..gotta be there at the right time and place...
thanks for your constant and very encouraging words :)

Cities continue to build higher and higher skyscrapers. London is no exception.
When complete in 2012, The Shard will be the tallest commercial structure in London.

The Shard, London - Height Does Matter

The Shard, London - Height Matters by Light Imager, on Flickr
f/8, 1/80s, 50mm, iso200, temperature : 5000Kelvin

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby iam802 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:52 pm

what's that small, low building right at the lower left corner of the photo?
1. Always wait for the setup. NO SETUP; NO TRADE

2. The trend will END but I don't know WHEN.

TA and Options stuffs on InvestIdeas:
The Ichimoku Thread | Option Strategies Thread | Japanese Candlesticks Thread
iam802
Big Boss

Postby Chinaman » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:26 pm

'Cities continue to build higher and higher skyscrapers. London is no exception.
When complete in 2012, The Shard will be the tallest commercial structure in London.
'

Bro, this is a stupid mistake make by mankind....greed and pride will lead to suffering to their next generation.

Most of my friend and peer who involved in those over 80 storey project or mgt work e.g. Republic Plaza or HK tallest hotel of over 100 storey...feels dat they are many engineering defects cover under the carpet. human transportation system or even water transportation all this poses many problem...when on fire, if u climb down by the time u reach 50 storeys whole legs numb liao....when new tenant doing renovation u can see truck by truck of cements added on the top of the building, really u got no eye see...so how? resign n look for other job lor...this is the real life story in HK and Shanghai... which my peer told me, the main reason they quit...
Chinaman
Boss' Left Hand Person

Postby kennynah » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:44 pm

iam802 wrote:what's that small, low building right at the lower left corner of the photo?

that's a small residential building...it stands out exactly becos of the choice of colouring..

there's a very strict code of building and construction in london regarding height and colour of the buildings...so, it's quite nice to to see this coloured structure...

hmm...you got my intention...heng ah...i thot i lost it in the pic...hahaha..

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby kennynah » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:55 pm

Chinaman wrote:Bro, this is a stupid mistake make by mankind....greed and pride will lead to suffering to their next generation.

Pride comes before a fall...so the adage goes... :(

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Previous

Return to Archives