Food & Drinks 01 (May 08 - Dec 10)

Re: Food & Drinks 01 (May 08 - Nov 10)

Postby kennynah » Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:03 pm

Hi L :

if you like japanese noodles, you could try out the restaurant at level 4, mandarin gallery... long queue...

different types of noodles they have... very popular with women... if you plan on dining there and get there at 630, be prepared to queue some 30-45mins on weekends...

price ranges from $15-18 (before gst, svc charge) soup based ramen...imo, daylight robbery...

but to be fair to them, their soup stock is mo tuck teng.... 8-)
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby ichew » Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:06 pm

hi Lena-sis, marmalade pantry located at level 3
i was told to try their cupcakes ... esp one call Limonata or something like tat
i tried tat but still prefer their carrot cake :-) ... big n rich

Hi K,
assume tat's Ippudo ... erm i tried tat too but tink there shld exist better ramen somewhere in sg ...
ichew
Foreman

Postby LenaHuat » Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:08 pm

Hi K, you mean the Mandarin Gallery that bans 'indecent' behavior :o (like kissing and heavy petting):-
http://www.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne+News/Singapore/Story/A1Story20101026-244199.html
I have yet to step inside that gallery. I see what you really want me to see. OK, mustn't miss out on these noodles. If they meet your stds, they must be yummy :D .
Please be forewarned that you are reading a post by an otiose housewife. ImageImage**Image**Image@@ImageImageImage
LenaHuat
Big Boss

Postby kennynah » Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:14 pm

hi ichew : yes..u r right...ippudo is the name of the estab

yes L 8-)

that mandarin gallery.... can't blame these young people from smooching while on the cushion seats the premise provides...very comfortable...and free of charge...air con thrown in...with the toilet just a few steps away...easy to clean up...wahahaha.. and in fact, at the concierge area, there are 2 huge sofa beds...frequently, i see people actually napping there...zzzzz.... i'm quite sure, if i went nearer, i would hear the snoring....hahahaha...
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby kennynah » Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:29 pm

talking about glutinous rice...

lo mai gai is one of my favourites..but for the longest time now, i can't find a really tasty one...

one i had a few months ago...was a roadside motorized stall near Batu Caves (KL).... solid lah the handmade ones....RM2.80 (iirc)... thinking about it already buay tahan liao...later, must go search for one..but duno where ???

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Previous

Return to Archives