Animals & Pets 01 (May 08 - Jun 14)

Re: Animals & Pets

Postby pepper » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:52 am

Aspellian wrote:Pepper, Great Shots!!!!! :lol:

tks aspellian,

my wish is to go to south africa, would love to take pixs of the wild cats, hippos and african elephants in their natural habitat. I watch a lot of animal documentaries and always "Lao Nua" (drool) when i see these amazing creatures -- not that i want to eat them. :lol:

if i get to go (hopefully this yr but not sure yet), i will share w. u guys the pixs. But i wont expect too much fm the trip too cos i will have to join a tour (exception here cos i usually do free and easy, but i think i don't feel safe doing free and easy there), hence i dont think i will have the luxury of taking my sweet time on shooting pictures.
pepper
Coolie

Postby la papillion » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:14 am

Hi pepper, really nice pics :) I love cats, big cats and small cats :P haha
An investment operation is one which, upon thorough analysis promises safety of principal and an adequate return - Benjamin Graham
la papillion
Boss' Left Hand Person

Postby pepper » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:22 am

la papillion wrote:Hi pepper, really nice pics :) I love cats, big cats and small cats :P haha

i love dogs, wild cats and many other animals . As for small cats, sometimes i will play w. those strays, but got to be careful, though they can be very affectionate they can get quite fierce too when they are not in a good mood, watch out for their nails!!!!
pepper
Coolie

Postby la papillion » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:31 am

Hi pepper, haha, I seldom get scratched by them. I guess having a fierce cat at home makes me well trained to their sudden attack :) Haha, I think once you know their body language, it's quite easy to know when they are not in the right mood to play :)
An investment operation is one which, upon thorough analysis promises safety of principal and an adequate return - Benjamin Graham
la papillion
Boss' Left Hand Person

Postby kennynah » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:34 am

pepper wrote:
la papillion wrote:Hi pepper, really nice pics :) I love cats, big cats and small cats :P haha

i love dogs, wild cats and many other animals . As for small cats, sometimes i will play w. those strays, but got to be careful, though they can be very affectionate they can get quite fierce too when they are not in a good mood, watch out for their nails!!!!

not to mention the danger of diseases....
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby pepper » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:40 am

la papillion wrote:Hi pepper, haha, I seldom get scratched by them. I guess having a fierce cat at home makes me well trained to their sudden attack :) Haha, I think once you know their body language, it's quite easy to know when they are not in the right mood to play :)

oh i never get scratched before..... cos i know how to read their body language - show teeth, an arched body w. a stiff tail, etc

it is easier to decipher body language of animals -they dont hide their true feelings, unlike human beings.
Last edited by pepper on Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
pepper
Coolie

Postby Aspellian » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:46 am

pepper wrote:

tks aspellian,

my wish is to go to south africa, would love to take pixs of the wild cats, hippos and african elephants in their natural habitat. I watch a lot of animal documentaries and always "Lao Nua" (drool) when i see these amazing creatures -- not that i want to eat them. :lol:

if i get to go (hopefully this yr but not sure yet), i will share w. u guys the pixs. But i wont expect too much fm the trip too cos i will have to join a tour (exception here cos i usually do free and easy, but i think i don't feel safe doing free and easy there), hence i dont think i will have the luxury of taking my sweet time on shooting pictures.

Hi pepper,

going to south africa and be in the atmosphere of the wildlife is my childhood dream too! my aim is to do it when i finally relax (with cash on hand)!! it will definitely be a lifetime experience for wildlife animals like us.

but the nearest we have is our Spore Zoo. maybe in future we can organise trip to go zoo for Huatopedia members. haha!!!

PROMISE, PASSION, PEACE, POWER, PURPOSE, PLAN, PATIENCE, PERSEVERANCE, PROTECTION
DELIGHT, DISCIPLINE, DILIGENT, DETERMINATION, DESIRE

"Its not whether you're right or wrong thats important, but how much money you make when you're right and how much you lose when you're wrong." - Warren Buffet
Aspellian
Boss

Postby pepper » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:09 pm

Aspellian wrote:
pepper wrote:

tks aspellian,

Hi pepper,

going to south africa and be in the atmosphere of the wildlife is my childhood dream too! my aim is to do it when i finally relax (with cash on hand)!! it will definitely be a lifetime experience for wildlife animals like us.

but the nearest we have is our Spore Zoo. maybe in future we can organise trip to go zoo for Huatopedia members. haha!!!

Hi aspellian,

Glad to know that you share the same interests.

Whenever i go for my free and easy vacations, i will try to visit their local zoos (but sometimes i pity those animals who are "trap" in a confined area cos i think they shd be out in the wild, the only consolation here is that they dont have to worry abt food and when they are not feeling well/injured there are vets to care for them).

One of my favourite zoos (I have visited) is the world-reknown San Diego zoo. You can see Gorillas there (in order to see them in the wild we have to go to Congo!!!). Actually i find our zoological gardens and esp our night safari to be amongst the best.

Visiting zoos relaxes me and i feel very at eased surrounded by these animals. Sometimes, I can be standing at a spot for more than half an hr just to look at them. Even small creatures amazes me, i esp like sea otters and meerkats.

And to be able to visit the Antarctic will be a great and ultimate experience (not been there yet).
pepper
Coolie

Postby kennynah » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:23 pm

i love the company of the forummers here...

zoo...yes, i visit our zoo once every few years... although, i've never seen any meerkats there before..

actually, i rotate between zoo, bird park, botanical gardens... however, when i travel, i prefer to see the wild actions at their night scenes...hahaha...
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby pepper » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:46 pm

kennynah wrote:i love the company of the forummers here...

zoo...yes, i visit our zoo once every few years... although, i've never seen any meerkats there before..

actually, i rotate between zoo, bird park, botanical gardens... however, when i travel, i prefer to see the wild actions at their night scenes...hahaha...

Yes, our zoo has meerkats....... go pay them a visit :D

wow, u r such a PARTY ANIMAL !!!!! :lol:
pepper
Coolie

PreviousNext

Return to Archives