Animals & Pets 01 (May 08 - Jun 14)

Re: Animals & Pets

Postby la papillion » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:55 am

Thks for sharing, grandrake :)

Here's my cat when she's a kitten :P

An investment operation is one which, upon thorough analysis promises safety of principal and an adequate return - Benjamin Graham
la papillion
Boss' Left Hand Person

Postby blid2def » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:17 am

Some useful tips on photographing pets:

http://digital-photography-school.com/b ... raph-pets/

Besides avoiding flashing straight in their eyes, I also make sure I have the AF Beam on my camera turned off - this is the red autofocus assist beam (not sure if all cameras have it). Just to make sure I don't do things to unnecessarily alarm or scare the animal. :D
blid2def
Permanent Loafer

Postby la papillion » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:26 am

Thks GD for the great tips :) Too bad I don't have a good camera. Whatever I used is from my handy handphone camera, haha :)

Here's another one:

An investment operation is one which, upon thorough analysis promises safety of principal and an adequate return - Benjamin Graham
la papillion
Boss' Left Hand Person

Postby blid2def » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:32 am

Wow - that's a good shot. :D Very nice capture! Nothing a little bit of PS auto levelling and auto contrasting can't fix. Once you have a half-decent shot (and this is actually a good capture, just limited by the camera), then you can let PS tidy up the rest (and we're not even doing major PS work):

blid2def
Permanent Loafer

Postby la papillion » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:35 am

Wow, it does look sharper and nicer :) Haha

I have more in my handphone. Next time I'll post it up :) I went around snapping my cat's picture like paparazzi :)
la papillion
Boss' Left Hand Person

Postby blid2def » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:43 am

I'd actually not mind using that cat pic of yours (crop the face area with some background) as an avatar... :D

blid2def
Permanent Loafer

Postby la papillion » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:07 pm

Haha, GD, then you need to pay my cat some tunas and science diet cat food for her modelling services :P
la papillion
Boss' Left Hand Person

Postby kennynah » Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:28 pm

now...that's a real life lesson of the repeated saying in this forum...

nothing in life is free....hahaha

joke..joke...

indeed nice cat pics..
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby pepper » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:24 am

took these pixs a few mths ago fm our local zoo. My favourite kind of cats .........

I've been to the zoo many times, but never had a chance to get to see the cheetahs so close. Very lucky on this day, i stood there for 20-30 min admiring it but sacrificed quite a bit of blood to the mosquitos. Later did i notice that i at least had ten mosquito bites - but it was worth it!!!
pepper
Coolie

Postby Aspellian » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:28 am

Pepper, Great Shots!!!!! :lol:

PROMISE, PASSION, PEACE, POWER, PURPOSE, PLAN, PATIENCE, PERSEVERANCE, PROTECTION
DELIGHT, DISCIPLINE, DILIGENT, DETERMINATION, DESIRE

"Its not whether you're right or wrong thats important, but how much money you make when you're right and how much you lose when you're wrong." - Warren Buffet
Aspellian
Boss

PreviousNext

Return to Archives