Movies & Moviestars 07 (Oct 10 - Jun 11)

Movies & Moviestars 07 (Oct 10 - Jun 11)

Postby helios » Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:59 pm

Went for a lunch-time movie, Detective Dee and the Mystery of the Phantom Flame.

Good scene shots from Zhejiang, China Hengdian World Studios. The journey to the abyss was well captured and filled with motions and suspense (however, there were some dark similiarities to Phantom of Opera?)

The arts sequences were all choreographed by Sammo Hung, i personally find those messy ... ...

You'll also see the crawlers and beetles from Mummy that fed on sulfur and touted as the golden poison deployed to 'murder' people. Lack of creativity. Why don't they re-script with prions or virions?

Li Bingbing who played Shangguan Jing'er was very pretty and natural in her role. OMG, you should see her emotions on her last scene; excellent acting ... (NB: Kenny would like her)

Watch for the mainlander, Deng Chao who played another martial arts fighter. I think, he fought good motion scenes than Andy. Pity that he was dressed and powdered too similar/ "albino look" to Orlando Bloom in Lord of the Ring. Another look-alike icon.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
helios
Permanent Loafer

Re: Movies & Moviestars 07 (Oct 10 - Dec 10)

Postby iam802 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:52 am

Saw this short movie on Youku

11度青春系列电影

Life.png

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjEwMzM0MDQw.html
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1. Always wait for the setup. NO SETUP; NO TRADE

2. The trend will END but I don't know WHEN.

TA and Options stuffs on InvestIdeas:
The Ichimoku Thread | Option Strategies Thread | Japanese Candlesticks Thread
iam802
Big Boss

Postby winston » Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:42 pm

Watching "Enemy at the Gates" again.

A lot of things to learn from this show eg. waiting patiently for the set-up :P
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:35 pm

Watching 'Meet Dave". I have never managed to see this show in it's entirety before. Maybe I will be able to do it today ...
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby kennynah » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:27 pm

his shows are very predictable... dont expect too much and you might enjoy the movie...
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby winston » Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:35 am

kennynah wrote:his shows are very predictable... dont expect too much and you might enjoy the movie...

Ha Ha ... I'm also very predictable nowadays. Short attention span and did not finish the entire show again ....
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby behappyalways » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:07 pm

Quite a nice movie with Hong Kong in the 1960s as the background.....corruption and etc .....The father got to pawn his wedding ring in order to pay for blood transfusion for his child

《岁月神偷》
http://bbs.wenxuecity.com/tv/467860.html
血要热 头脑要冷 骨头要硬
behappyalways
Millionaire Boss

Postby LenaHuat » Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:17 am

Can U remember the cast of The Sound of Music. They reunite/gather for the first time in 45 years :o :-
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1324749/Sound-Of-Music-reunion-Liesl-tells-Oprah-I-crush-Captain-von-Trapp.html

They bring back sweet memories. I saw the movie at least 4 times.
Please be forewarned that you are reading a post by an otiose housewife. ImageImage**Image**Image@@ImageImageImage
LenaHuat
Big Boss

Postby winston » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:00 pm

Watched Wall Street recently.

Didn't expect almost everyone from CNBC to be there eg Melissa Lee, Money Honey, Becky Quick, Faber, Cramer etc

Also did not expect Zhang Xin, the CEO of Soho to be acting there as well. Actually, Christine Tan is actually interviewing her on CNBC tonight. She was also one of the handful of billionaires that was at Bill Gates & WB charity dinner.

The show was ok. My expectation was very low and it came in within expectation.
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby millionairemind » Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:19 pm

Watched MEGAMIND with the family yesterday.

Wholesome family movie from Dreamworks and pretty funny at parts.

Worth the movie ticket. :)
"If a speculator is correct half of the time, he is hitting a good average. Even being right 3 or 4 times out of 10 should yield a person a fortune if he has the sense to cut his losses quickly on the ventures where he has been wrong" - Bernard Baruch

Disclaimer - The author may at times own some of the stocks mentioned in this forum. All discussions are NOT to be construed as buy/sell recommendations. Readers are advised to do their own research and analysis.
millionairemind
Big Boss

Next

Return to Archives