Life 09 (Oct 10 - Dec 10)

Re: Life 09 (Oct 10 - Dec 10)

Postby winston » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:59 am

How and when can we overcome negativity?

A Disciple once asked his Master, “Lord! You are undoubtedly the top most, among those who follow unwaveringly the Spiritual Path; yet, how is it that such a terrible calamity happened to you?”

His Master replied, “Do not grieve. Look at this Himalayan range. How magnificent, glorious, beautiful and sublime it is! It is so splendid a phenomenon that I love it without limit. It will not grant me anything; but it is my nature to love the beautiful, the sublime.

Similarly, here too I am residing with Love. The embodiment of this sublime beauty is the Divine. This is the meaning and significance of love for the Divine.

The Divine is the only entity that is worth loving. This is the reason why I love Him. I shall not wish for any favour from Him. I shall not pray for any boon. Let Him keep me where He loves to keep me. The highest reward for my love is His love! My love is not an article in the market.”

Thus the Master taught his Disciple, that Love is a Divine quality and has to be treated so. Love is the spontaneous nature of those who are ever present in the awareness of the Inner Self.

Source: radiosai.org
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Re: Life 09 (Oct 10 - Dec 10)

Postby winston » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:54 am

Truth

One day a man was walking along the street and instead of looking at the beautiful sky he was watching the pavement as he went along.

Then he saw in the distance something very brilliant. He went rapidly towards it, picked it up and looked at this extraordinary thing, and he was in a state of beatitude, because it was extraordinarily beautiful. So he looked at it and put it in his pocket.

Behind were two people, also walking. One of them says to the other "What was it that he picked up? Did you see his expression, what an ecstasy he was in by the very act of looking at it?"

And the other - who happened to be the devil - said, "What he picked up was truth."
And the friend said "That is a very bad business for you that he has found it". He said "Not at all. I am going to help him to organize it."

And that is what we have done - we have the systems, the methods, the practices of the gurus. And so a mind that is enquiring into the nature of truth must be free totally from all organized pursuit, all organized practice, all organized enquiry.

- J. Krishnamurti 4th Public Talk New Delhi 20th December 1970

Source: jkrishnamurthi.com
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Previous

Return to Archives