Life 09 (Oct 10 - Dec 10)

Life 09 (Oct 10 - Dec 10)

Postby winston » Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:42 am

Your mind never observes the tree

To understand, there must be discipline. Please follow this a little bit; give your attention.

Understanding is not the outcome of the intellect, or of emotion, of sentiment. As we said, understanding comes when the mind is really very, very quiet, has no movement at all in any direction.

When you observe a tree - if you have ever done it - when you look at a tree, your mind never observes the tree; it observes the image it has created about a tree, and that image is always moving: it is never quiet.

It is being added to and taken away from. It is only when the mind is very quiet, really observant, without any movement, that it observes the actual fact of the tree.

- Talks by Krishnamurti In U.S.A. 1966

Source: jkrishnamurthi.com
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Re: Life 09 (Oct 10 - Dec 10)

Postby winston » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:32 am

Why should we work for the harmony of all religions?

Today, the experience and wisdom of great seers who have unveiled the mystery of the cosmos and their feelings of universal love, are not appreciated, accepted, and respected.

All religious dogmas, except a few, can easily be harmonized and reconciled. The same Divine is extolled and adored under various names through varied ceremonial rituals in many religions.

In every age, for every race, the Divine has sent prophets to establish peace and goodwill.

Presently, many religions have spread far and wide across the world and have lost fraternal feelings over time. There is an urgent need for harmony. All great people are images of the Divine.

There is only one single caste in the realm of the Divine and all belong to one nation, the Divine Fellowship.

You must interest yourself in understanding the practices and beliefs of the others. Only then you can, with cleansed mind and loving heart, attain the Divine Presence.

Source: radiosai.org
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:33 am

What are the subtle ways through which envy raises its hood?

No enemy can be as insidious as jealousy.

When one sees a person more powerful or knowledgeable, or with greater reputation, wealth or beauty, or even wearing better clothing, one is afflicted with jealousy.

You may find it difficult to acknowledge and accept the situation. Your mind may seek means to demean and lower them in the estimation of people.

Such propensities and evil tendencies should never strike root in your minds. You must be careful such that your character is not polluted.

winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:15 pm

Have you ever really let go of the "me"?

There is so much to do in the world, to wipe away poverty, to live happily, to live with delight instead of with agony and fear, to build a totally different kind of society, a morality which is above all morality.

But this can only be when all the morality of present day society is totally denied. There is so much to do and it cannot be done, if there is this constant isolating process going on.

We speak of the `me' and the `mine', and the `other' - the other is beyond the wall, the me and mine is this side of the wall.

So how can that essence of resistance, which is the me, how can that be completely `let go'?

Because that is really the most fundamental question in all relationship, as one sees that the relationship between images is not relationship at all and that when that kind of relationship exists there must be conflict, that we must be at each other's throats.

When you put yourself that question, inevitably you'll say: `Must I live in a vacuum, in a state of emptiness?' I wonder if you have ever known what it is to have a mind that is completely empty.

You have lived in space that is created by the `me' (which is a very small space). The space which the `I', the selfisolating process, has built between one person and another, that is all the space we know - the space between itself and the circumference - the frontier which thought has built.

And in this space we live, in this space there is division. You say: `If I let myself go, or if I abandon the centre of `me', I will live in a vacuum'.

But have you ever really let go the `me', actually, so that there is no `me' at all?

- Talks in Europe 1968 Paris 4th Public Talk Collected Works Vol. VII

winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:46 pm

The heart has its own intelligence. The heart has in fact the highest intelligence.
~ Dr. Pillai
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:28 am

Being a desert in oneself

Being nothing, being a desert in oneself, one hopes through another to find water.

Being empty, poor, wretched, insufficient, devoid of interest or importance, one hopes through another to be enriched.

Through the love of another one hopes to forget oneself. Through the beauty of another one hopes to acquire beauty. Through the family, through the nation, through the lover, through some fantastic belief, one hopes to cover this desert with flowers.

And God is the ultimate lover. So one puts hooks into all these things. In this there is pain and uncertainty, and the desert seems more arid than ever before.

Of course it is neither more nor less arid; it is what it was, only one has avoided looking at it while escaping through some form of attachment with its pain, and then escaping from that pain into detachment.

But one remains arid and empty as before. So instead of trying to escape, either through attachment or through detachment, can we not become aware of this fact, of this deep inward poverty and inadequacy, this dull, hollow isolation?

That is the only thing that matters, not attachment or detachment. Can you look at it without any sense of condemnation or evaluation?

When you do, are you looking at it as an observer who looks at the observed, or without the observer?

- Urgency of Change

winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:10 pm

What is the power of listening to the Name of the Divine?

The story of the Lord is an enchanting treasure. Store His story in your memory and save yourself from delusion and grief.

You may have listened to the recitals of all scriptures and mastered all spiritual practices. But the greatest of them all is the sacred Name of the Lord and the sweetness that it oozes.

When His Name falls on the ear, your heart will be filled with joy. When you recall His Name, a stream of Love will spring forth from your heart.

winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:27 am

There is no love in their hearts

Most people are unhappy; and they are unhappy because there is no love in their hearts.

Love will arise in your heart when you have no barrier between yourself and another, when you meet and observe people without judging them, when you just see the sailboat on the river and enjoy the beauty of it.

Don't let your prejudices cloud your observation of things as they are; just observe, and you will discover that out of this simple observation, out of this awareness of trees, of birds, of people walking, working, smiling, something happens to you inside.

Without this extraordinary thing happening to you, without the arising of love in your heart, life has very little meaning; and that is why it is so important that the educator should be educated, to help you understand the significance of all these things.

- This Matter of Culture

winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:44 pm

What is the underlying source for the blossoming of hearts?

Love for the Divine Self is primary; while for other worldly objects or persons is secondary. Worldly love for another person cannot be termed as genuine love.

The cosmos or the five-element composite emanated from the Divine. There is no spot in the Universe where the Divine is not manifest. The cosmos is ever in movement and the Lord of the Cosmos is the mover.

Love for the Divine Self is the source of all worldly love. The scriptures clearly proclaim that when you love the Divine Self, it brings everyone nearer and dearer to you.

winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:18 am

Who is free of myths knows love

Sirs, when you love, when your heart is full, you will know what it is to strive without effort, to live without conflict.

It is the mind that does not love that is taken up with flattery, that enjoys adulation and avoids insult, that needs a crowd, a platform, that needs confusion; but such a mind, such a heart, will not know love.

The man whose heart is filled with the things of the mind, his world is a world of myth, and on myths he lives; but he who is free of myths knows love.

- The Mirror of Relationship: Love, Sex and Chastity

winston
Billionaire Boss

Next

Return to Archives