Boredom Strikes! 04 (Sep 10 - Jun 11)

Re: Boredom Strikes 04 (Sep 10 - Dec 10)

Postby iam802 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:53 pm

Friend refers me to this Direct Marketing 'Counter-script'

Seems a little long winded. Normally, I just say 'Not interested and cut off'
Hidden Content:
1. Always wait for the setup. NO SETUP; NO TRADE

2. The trend will END but I don't know WHEN.

TA and Options stuffs on InvestIdeas:
The Ichimoku Thread | Option Strategies Thread | Japanese Candlesticks Thread
iam802
Big Boss

Re: Boredom Strikes! 04 (Sep 10 - Dec 10)

Postby iam802 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:33 am

Client sues SocGen over his 'missing millions' here

http://www.singaporelawwatch.sg/remweb/ ... medium=rss

SINGAPORE) For years, two relationship managers assured a client that his investment portfolio was doing well and that he had a balance of around $8 million in his account.

In fact, the net value of the investment account stood at only $252,652 on Aug 12 this year. The rest had been frittered away by the relationship managers at Societe Generale Bank & Trust in Singapore because of alleged unauthorised forex trades, according to a lawsuit filed at the Singapore High Court yesterday.

Ms Ang allegedly told Mr Chan that she found out about Ms Liew's conduct earlier this year but decided not to inform him, and instead made further trades on his account 'in a vain attempt to recoup the massive losses', the suit said. Not only were the defendants unable to recoup the losses, Ms Ang also decided to withhold the matter from the bank's management for fear they could lose their jobs, the suit said.

In addition, the defendants also gave Mr Chan bogus summaries of the profit and loss positions on his account for his Australian tax filing for the period from July 1, 2004 through June 30, 2009.

There are tons of 'wealth managers' around.

But, most of the time, they aren't managing their own wealth.

If that is your own $8M, would you have use the same approach till you are down to 250k?
1. Always wait for the setup. NO SETUP; NO TRADE

2. The trend will END but I don't know WHEN.

TA and Options stuffs on InvestIdeas:
The Ichimoku Thread | Option Strategies Thread | Japanese Candlesticks Thread
iam802
Big Boss

Postby kennynah » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:33 pm

how can one be a wealth manager but isn't wealthy him/herself?

it always puzzles me...

the next time, a financial planner/wealth manager asks you questions abt your money, you shoudl ask him/her :

"where do you live?", "is that your own property?", "did you pay for it fully?"...etc.. :lol:
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby LenaHuat » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:52 pm

Hi iam802 :D
I wonder if the wealth manager showed that counter-scrip to OeiHongLeong, who has kept a v low profile after his spate with Citibank. It's Peter Lim's time to shine :D

Hi K :D
No la, it's not a fair remark. These average mgrs are mere employees not entrepreneurs. But the top-notch pte banks are v rich. And btw, the fin industry here is expecting a salary rise of at least 15 -25%. It's inflationary here. They ain't bored (like me here) but challenged. :lol:
Please be forewarned that you are reading a post by an otiose housewife. ImageImage**Image**Image@@ImageImageImage
LenaHuat
Big Boss

Postby kennynah » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:39 am

Hi L 8-)
I know I'm harsh with my remarks most times...but I cant imagine a young person with no major working and investment experiences can make a good wealth management advisor...

those private wealth managers are just highly paid good looking girls, although a few are endowed with some brain power.... :mrgreen:
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby kennynah » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:43 am

yesterday, it was an unlucky day for me...

by chance, i watched channel news asia and saw Wong Can't Sing talking rubbish again in the pah lehman kopitiam... TC about level 3 risk category....nearly choked on my curry pup...

if this was old times, wong can't sing....would have been flogged and ridiculed publicly :!:

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby LenaHuat » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:19 pm

kennynah wrote:yesterday, it was an unlucky day for me...

by chance, i watched channel news asia and saw Wong Can't Sing talking rubbish again in the pah lehman kopitiam... TC about level 3 risk category....nearly choked on my curry pup...

if this was old times, wong can't sing....would have been flogged and ridiculed publicly :!:

After your post, I can never forget "Wong Can't Sing", Kenny :D
Please be forewarned that you are reading a post by an otiose housewife. ImageImage**Image**Image@@ImageImageImage
LenaHuat
Big Boss

Postby kennynah » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:27 pm

hahaha L :lol:

calling him "wong can't sing" is being friendly already.... he is better known as which is not child friendly...

anyways....

this latest news will surely see lesser prc mei meis roaming our streets eventually...

Half of Singapore’s private schools may close by next June
By Angela Lim – October 22nd, 2010

Be it due to a lack of independent academic and examination boards or financial instability, about half of the 1,000 private schools in Singapore may close down by next June, according to figures provided by the Council for Private Education (CPE).

Under the new and tougher Private Education Bill – set up to raise standards in the sector – schools wanting to continue their operations have to register under the new framework by next June.

So far, 195 schools have been successfully registered while 115 others are currently undergoing evaluation, reported The Straits Times (ST), citing figures provided by the CPE.

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby LenaHuat » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:52 pm

Last nite, I watched one of my fav ifeng program and thought I might have incorrectly heard the host abt this:-
窦文涛:没错,我插你一句,他们微博上你知道现在都有人说了,你知道以前我们这儿到饭馆吃饭,大家知道吗?都是叫老板,老板您点什么菜,最近改了,最近服务员,你去吃饭,在北京这儿,不管在哪儿,在中国,都叫领导,叫领导了,你看社会角色现在变了,老板现在都可能坐牢,领导呢,当然也有坐牢的。

I checked the transcript today and I had not :o . Can U believe the above?
公务员在大陆是领导的代名词
LenaHuat
Big Boss

Postby kennynah » Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:01 pm

best lah...
wong can't sing... going places man.,.... new portfolio....promotion.....

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

PreviousNext

Return to Archives