Boredom Strikes! 04 (Sep 10 - Jun 11)

Re: Boredom Strikes 04 (Sep 10 - Dec 10)

Postby kennynah » Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:15 pm

Poles wrote:how about frm the guest perspective......can i offer my verbal best wishes...as I have no need for 5* restaurant??
you can expects gifts fr the wedding ....i think it is not right to expect the guest to take the bill if they are the guest??? strange world lah....or i am the strange one....

it has been a "set" tradition for guests to offer gifts as a token of congratulation.... it is also out of consideration for the hosts' financial burden, that guests end up giving ang pow...

i've always thought that if one is sufficient wealthy and would like to throw a huge bash (for wedding, anniversaries, 80 year old birthdays, etc) that the host can politely request the presence of company (w/out need for gifts)....just have to state it...
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby kennynah » Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:16 pm

kennynah wrote:
bride has already told her mother she wants all the ang paos from her mother to cover the wedding cos' it is now over budget.

wasted grains of rice.....all the years before...

in case you dont get it...in hokkien...it's called "jia liao bee"
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby Poles » Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:18 pm

i think the old time old school is what you had explained....my wedding I invite....u come & eat & drink...got gift no gift never mind....but as we evolve ...things change.....
Poles
Boss' Right Hand Person

Postby millionairemind » Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:26 am

I have been to my fair share of weddings. Actually, I don't remember where they were all held.

All I do remember is if I had a good time and the company was nice. The food/service/location is all a blur.

I have also been asked to MC for 4 of my closest friend's wedding. Those were lots of fun cos' I get to "tekan" the couple. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
"If a speculator is correct half of the time, he is hitting a good average. Even being right 3 or 4 times out of 10 should yield a person a fortune if he has the sense to cut his losses quickly on the ventures where he has been wrong" - Bernard Baruch

Disclaimer - The author may at times own some of the stocks mentioned in this forum. All discussions are NOT to be construed as buy/sell recommendations. Readers are advised to do their own research and analysis.
millionairemind
Big Boss

Postby winston » Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:36 am

About two years ago, a friend of a friend, had a very lavish wedding at a resort.

There was an eloborate wedding ceremony in the garden and the guests had to sit under the hot sun for two hours :roll:

Anyway, the couple has since divorced. I think they lasted only one year together.

And I have heard similar stories where people had lavish ceremonies and thereafter, they did not manage to stay together.

Looks like people prefer to spend time and energy on the ceremony than on trying to make the relationship work :?
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby iam802 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:39 am

Here's something that has been on my mind (and I think no one ever asked the question)

"With the SUDDEN increased in population, is the blood supply sufficient?"

Note:
- The article doesn't deal with my question. It just highlights the lack of blood and the need to donate.
- What I do hope is for the govt. to give the above a serious thought.
- You can't just open the flood gate and expect the rest of the stuffs to be sufficient
- Some things, like increasing blood supply, do not happens overnight.

==
Less than 3 days' supply of Type O blood left

http://www.asiaone.com/Health/News/Stor ... 37867.html

==
1. Always wait for the setup. NO SETUP; NO TRADE

2. The trend will END but I don't know WHEN.

TA and Options stuffs on InvestIdeas:
The Ichimoku Thread | Option Strategies Thread | Japanese Candlesticks Thread
iam802
Big Boss

Postby Poles » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:25 am

This is lead to more sensitive area of organ donation.....if SGP cosmopolitan big city with people from everywhere......no common identity or root....just like new york or paris.....who will give a shit about the other guy??
Poles
Boss' Right Hand Person

Postby iam802 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:33 am

She hardly ages.

Hidden Content:
Bangles_age.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hwfgev1I ... re=related
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

iam802
Big Boss

Postby winston » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:05 pm

Taiwan copyright poster winner turns out to be copycat

A Taiwanese man who won a poster design competition to promote copyright protection has been stripped of his prize after he was exposed as a copycat, officials said Thursday.

The man, identified only by his surname Wu, apologised and admitted that his winning design was copied from a work by Dutch artist Dennis Sibeijn featuring a paper plane and, ironically, titled "Truth".

Wu was ordered to return to the Intellectual Property Office the 50,000 Taiwan dollars (1,600 US) prizemoney he won in the contest last year when he was a university student.

His deception surfaced after a commuter recognised the work on a billboard carrying Wu's prize-winning design at a Taipei subway station and reported to the office.

The authorities have removed all the posters from the subway stations, but officials warned that if the Dutch artist filed a lawsuit against Wu, he could face a jail term of up to three years or a fine of 750,000 Taiwan dollars.

Source: AFP Global Edition
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby iam802 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:53 pm

Think this is the artwork , 'Truth'.

Very meaningful.

iam802
Big Boss

PreviousNext

Return to Archives