Boredom Strikes! 04 (Sep 10 - Jun 11)

Boredom Strikes! 04 (Sep 10 - Jun 11)

Postby kennynah » Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:59 pm

you are probably aware of this top japanese comestic brand, FANCL...

you are probably unaware of a blooming chinese company, VANCL.... :roll:
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Re: Boredom Strikes 04 (Sep 10 - Dec 10)

Postby kennynah » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:30 am

if you are not asleep now (330am), then you should be bored...then, read on...

(below could well be a rumour....)

Jobs avoiding Japan after airport shuriken incident?
updated 10:00 am EDT, Tue September 14, 2010
Weapons caught in executive's luggage

Apple CEO Steve Jobs has vowed to never come back to Japan after an incident at Kansai International Airport near Osaka, according to a local magazine, SPA!. After going through a security scan on the way home from a July family vacation, Jobs is reported to have been caught with shuriken -- Japanese throwing stars -- in his carry-on luggage. The executive allegedly protested, saying it wouldn't make sense for him to hijack his own private plane.

It was at this point that Jobs is claimed to have told airport officials he would never return to Japan. A Kansai spokesman, Takeshi Uno, acknowledges that a passenger with a private jet was stopped at the end of July for carrying shuriken. The passenger threw the weapons away; Uno notes that there are no separate boarding procedures at the airport for people with private jets.

Read more: http://www.macnn.com/articles/10/09/14/ ... z0zXA7BTAw
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby winston » Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:12 am

STRAITS TIMES - Singaporeans should not wait for a perfect life before having children, Deputy Prime Minister Teo Chee Hean said on Tuesday, urging young couples to put up with some messiness.

"I think we are a very perfection-obsessed society, and we forget that in seeking and waiting for perfection for our children, we end up not having any."
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby iam802 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:20 am

and I thought I am the only one who read that article. :lol:

Definitely under the Boredom thread.
1. Always wait for the setup. NO SETUP; NO TRADE

2. The trend will END but I don't know WHEN.

TA and Options stuffs on InvestIdeas:
The Ichimoku Thread | Option Strategies Thread | Japanese Candlesticks Thread
iam802
Big Boss

Postby kennynah » Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:33 am

Teo Chee Hean is now a DPM ah?

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby millionairemind » Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:40 am

I think they are not doing it right. Quite a no. of things weigh on a young couple's mind when they decide if they want to have kids (or not)

1. In the last 10-12 years, we suffered 3 serious recessions. (Asian crisis, Dot.com bust and Financial panic). When the economic future is so uncertain, who dares to commit to a 20year sentence (of having a kid or kids?) :(

2. Housing is another bug bear. By the time they want to get married, they have to wait 3 years to get a place of their own. By then, lao liao.... The relentless rising cost of housing also gawks at them day and night on their financial well being... no kids, you might be able to retire at 50. One kid and you can plan to retire at 55 and 2 kids, maybe 60. 3 and above, forget about it! :D :D

3. Increasing pressure in the education system. Fear of losing out. Got to send Junior to I can read, I can dance, I can sing, I can Math and whatever CRAP I OSO CAN!! :mrgreen:

4. Aging parents. Financial resources is finite. 2 aging parents to care for. The current generation comes from the 2 is enough campaigning... if supporting both parent falls on only one person in the household, I doubt he would want to have more kids.

5. Keeping up with the joneses... Got to have the LV bag, that nice car, that condo that etc...etc..... Having a kid means giving up on some of these material things.

etc... etc... Did I miss anything?? :P

Yes, Teo is DPM liao.. that's the highest position he will attain till he retires.
"If a speculator is correct half of the time, he is hitting a good average. Even being right 3 or 4 times out of 10 should yield a person a fortune if he has the sense to cut his losses quickly on the ventures where he has been wrong" - Bernard Baruch

Disclaimer - The author may at times own some of the stocks mentioned in this forum. All discussions are NOT to be construed as buy/sell recommendations. Readers are advised to do their own research and analysis.
millionairemind
Big Boss

Postby Musicwhiz » Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:45 am

Hi MM,

It's sad to read what DPM Teo had said in today's ST. I also feel that the Gen Y are becoming more self-centred and materialistic and therefore may intend to either have kids late, or not at all. I attribute this to our materialistic and kiasu culture which breeds discontent easily - it's the ugly form of capitalism at work.

Personally, I feel that as long as one lives frugally, and saves X% of their income every month, there should be no major problems having kids. That said, kids are moe than just about $ of course, but what I am saying is that money is not a big issue if you live simply. For me, I give my parents money every month, plus buy all the milk powder + diapers, and also spend on occasional nice meal and movie; yet manage to save about 50% of my take-home salary. If these couples want the "best" in life, and want to keep up with their peers in terms of physical possessions, then they are doomed to feel dissatisfied all their lives....
Please visit my value investing blog at http://sgmusicwhiz.blogspot.com
Musicwhiz
Boss

Postby helios » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:09 am

millionairemind wrote:I think they are not doing it right. Quite a no. of things weigh on a young couple's mind when they decide if they want to have kids (or not)

Having a kid means giving up on some of these material things.

etc... etc... Did I miss anything??

oh dear ...

maybe, i would adopt a child from third world and equivalent OR find surrogate mother since science & techs are so advanced now ...
helios
Permanent Loafer

Postby kennynah » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:17 am

aiya...san mei mei... you beat me to saying it.... :D

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby millionairemind » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:29 am

San San wrote:oh dear ...

maybe, i would adopt a child from third world and equivalent OR find surrogate mother since science & techs are so advanced now ...

India has a surrogate mothers' village, if you are ever interested. ;)
"If a speculator is correct half of the time, he is hitting a good average. Even being right 3 or 4 times out of 10 should yield a person a fortune if he has the sense to cut his losses quickly on the ventures where he has been wrong" - Bernard Baruch

Disclaimer - The author may at times own some of the stocks mentioned in this forum. All discussions are NOT to be construed as buy/sell recommendations. Readers are advised to do their own research and analysis.
millionairemind
Big Boss

Next

Return to Archives