Photos 02 (Aug 09 - Nov 10)

Photos 03 (Nov 10 - Dec 10)

Postby helios » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:51 am

Opposite street near my hotel, Muchen (Munich).
helios
Permanent Loafer

Re: Photos 02 (Aug 09 - Nov 10)

Postby helios » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:02 am

City link - trams, trains ... hordes of people and food ...
helios
Permanent Loafer

Postby helios » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:06 am

Magnificant church grandeur. Unfortunately, it was under rennovations ...

Hope to visit another one in Dusseldorf. Leaving for transit flight.
helios
Permanent Loafer

Postby kennynah » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:50 pm

Helios...nice european architecture!

Keep your shots coming:)
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby tonylim » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:46 pm

Hi helios,
Nice photos.
I was in Munchen in 1991 , attending the ISPO fair , it is the fair for sport goods/Apparels . It was Friday and they had extended shopping hours, something like our Pasar malam. While walikng on the street , I saw one very old church, it was long abandon and I saw some birds flying around at the roop top of that church, it reminded me of the show of 'Dracular'. Did u see that church ?( Athough I know there are too many churches there , if I was photo savvy i would have taken some shots )
Enjoy your trip there.
查颜观色,静观其变,审时度世.
tonylim
Boss' Left Hand Person

Postby kennynah » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:06 pm

Hi Tony, guess u didn't watch bayern munich soccer team in action that one 1991 weekend?

Like u, I took no photog images of Frankfurt in 1990..regrettable..for I might hv captured the various "working" girls at Dr Muller's (a brothel) when I passed by..

But nothing compared to not sealing the images of Turkey's main river at Istanbul, although those images hv remained still quite vividly imprinted in my mind, 20 years later...

So, I decided that I'd pick up this hobby..n hopefully lasting more than 2 months :-)
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby tonylim » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:21 pm

kennynah wrote:Hi Tony, guess u didn't watch bayern munich soccer team in action that one 1991 weekend?

I didn't really follow the soccer games but I remember that year in 1988 , Holland won the European cup , the Dutch went crazy and painted or sprayed at the walls, buildings or even cars in Orange. I did watch that match ,I think The Dutch was at their peak, with players like Marco Van Basten, Gullick, Raykei ( Hope I get their name right ).
I travelled to many countries because of my works but failed to take photos , now a bit regret.
查颜观色,静观其变,审时度世.
tonylim
Boss' Left Hand Person

Postby kennynah » Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:07 pm

tonylim wrote:I travelled to many countries because of my works but failed to take photos , now a bit regret.

boss... it's never too late to start now...

begin with our own country....you will be amazed that when you start looking at common objects/buildings, you will discover the beauty inherent.

then when you go to malaysia...plenty of scenic shots to be captured... go further to thailand, whole new sights avail themselves...

use your phone camera...no need buy expensive gear.... it can start from there...

images are supposed to capture moments of our lives...and our perspective of events/things around us... it is not always to capture chio boos/grand buildings.... it can be as simple as our wet laundry hanging out to dry....or a pet feeding session... or a spouse asleep...a child toying....a new TV set....a family gathering... hooligans brawling... traffic accident....etc... its limit is our own imagination..

enjoy....see your shots soon ..ok 8-)

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby tonylim » Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:11 pm

Hi Kenny,

Thanks for your encouragement, will endeavour.

My generation; we started with black and white, colour , now digital.
查颜观色,静观其变,审时度世.
tonylim
Boss' Left Hand Person

Postby kennynah » Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:12 pm

omg... U must be almost 70 years old :)

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

PreviousNext

Return to Archives