Postby LenaHuat » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:06 am

Hi K :D
I was inspired by your "Red Riding Hood" comment :lol: I, too, find this avatar irresistably funny. She's got a good headful of wisdom hair ;)
Please be forewarned that you are reading a post by an otiose housewife. ImageImage**Image**Image@@ImageImageImage
LenaHuat
Big Boss

Re: Avatars 1 (May 08 - May 10)

Postby la papillion » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:39 pm

Hi Lena,

Always wanted to ask you what is meant by obtiose. Obtuse I know, but obtiose? I can't even find it in the dictionary :)
An investment operation is one which, upon thorough analysis promises safety of principal and an adequate return - Benjamin Graham
la papillion
Boss' Left Hand Person

Postby kennynah » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:44 pm

knowledge is money, just like time...so i thought dont make you wait...

i guess if you drop the letter "b" and tried "otiose" you might find it... 8-)

o·ti·ose    /ˈoʊʃiˌoʊs, ˈoʊti-/ Show Spelled[oh-shee-ohs, oh-tee-]
–adjective
being at leisure; idle; indolent.
ineffective or futile.
superfluous or useless.
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby la papillion » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:25 pm

Haha, K, thanks for the reply :) Let's see if it tallies with what Lena had in mind :)
An investment operation is one which, upon thorough analysis promises safety of principal and an adequate return - Benjamin Graham
la papillion
Boss' Left Hand Person

Postby Cheng » Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:10 pm

MM,

LOL your new avatar very funny! :lol: Turtle on rocket. :P
"The really big money tends to be made by investors who are right on qualitative decisions." Warren Buffett

"Risk no more than you can afford to lose, and also risk enough so that a win is meaningful." Ed Seykota

Scan with FA, Time with TA, Volatility is my Friend. :)
Cheng
Foreman

Postby millionairemind » Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:50 pm

Cheng wrote:MM,

LOL your new avatar very funny! :lol: Turtle on rocket. :P

haha tks... glad you like it...

Need to get my turtle to move faster :P
"If a speculator is correct half of the time, he is hitting a good average. Even being right 3 or 4 times out of 10 should yield a person a fortune if he has the sense to cut his losses quickly on the ventures where he has been wrong" - Bernard Baruch

Disclaimer - The author may at times own some of the stocks mentioned in this forum. All discussions are NOT to be construed as buy/sell recommendations. Readers are advised to do their own research and analysis.
millionairemind
Big Boss

Postby LenaHuat » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:20 pm

Hi K and La Papillion :D
Ya, K's hit the nail on the head :lol: Have I previously mistyped it as "Obtiose"? "Tiose" seems to have a negative tag eg minutiose, which according to a Baidu link means "be regardful of chickenshit" :lol: :-
http://dict.zhuaniao.com/en/minutiose/

Stretching the textual a little more thinly, "obtiose" could be read as "ob (obviously)" and "tio" "se" as in Hokkien :lol: A number of Mainland Chinese sites refer to "TioSe" and I, too, wonder if there is a special meaning to it.
Please be forewarned that you are reading a post by an otiose housewife. ImageImage**Image**Image@@ImageImageImage
LenaHuat
Big Boss

Postby kennynah » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:03 pm

of cos L is modest....

otiose ladies dont get to lead leisurely lifestyles by being unintelligent and uninformed 8-)
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby la papillion » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:27 pm

Hey Lena,

haha, thanks for your detailed reply :) Now i know why, haha
la papillion
Boss' Left Hand Person

Postby kennynah » Thu May 20, 2010 9:15 pm

best avatar of the month....by L :!: 8-)

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Next

Return to Archives