Postby blid2def » Thu May 15, 2008 9:54 pm

Lena - your avatar is very interesting. Not sure if you've another meaning for that - but it's usually for a superstition, as far as I know. Are we on the same wavelength here?
blid2def
Permanent Loafer

Re: Avatars...

Postby kennynah » Thu May 15, 2008 10:14 pm

wahhhaaaa...hhaaahaaa.... just saw lena's avatar....good one, L !!!
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby blid2def » Thu May 15, 2008 10:20 pm

kennynah wrote:wahhhaaaa...hhaaahaaa.... just saw lena's avatar....good one, L !!!

Are WE on the same page though? :)

p.s. Wah. Someone is a Foreman liao.
blid2def
Permanent Loafer

Postby kennynah » Thu May 15, 2008 10:48 pm

eh....dont skive.....tea break over....go back chor kang... (foreman says)

abt L's avatar... i duno if we r on the same page... but we r definitely on the same forum....(see i told ya, that my cold jokes are very good one, right?) ... ;)
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby LenaHuat » Fri May 16, 2008 4:55 pm

Hi GR and K

:?: :?: :roll: :roll:

My matronly pitch is :-

LenaHuat to Astrid Buffet : "How does Warren get a handle on numbers?"
Astrid : "Oh, he wears 'lucky loafers' when reading financial reports. I bought him the loafers so that he could toe my line!".
Please be forewarned that you are reading a post by an otiose housewife. ImageImage**Image**Image@@ImageImageImage
LenaHuat
Big Boss

Postby blid2def » Fri May 16, 2008 5:08 pm

Ah haha ok so we're not on the same page. But the loafer link is good - never thought of that. :D
blid2def
Permanent Loafer

Postby LenaHuat » Fri May 16, 2008 5:22 pm

OK, second attempt. :idea:
Is it the HK practice of "Da Xiao Ren" with slippers :?: :?:
Please be forewarned that you are reading a post by an otiose housewife. ImageImage**Image**Image@@ImageImageImage
LenaHuat
Big Boss

Postby blid2def » Fri May 16, 2008 5:27 pm

Haha no, but something similar. The superstitious practice of flipping one of your slippers in a hotel room so spirits cannot slip neatly into them and possess you. :D
blid2def
Permanent Loafer

Postby LenaHuat » Fri May 16, 2008 9:43 pm

Hi GR
Oh! Oh, never heard of this.
But heard this idea abt hanging one's undie over the lampshade for that purpose.
Heard this twice from tour leaders but ain't sure if it's the ** (for twin peaks) or ** (for twin moulds) :lol: :lol:
LenaHuat
Big Boss

Postby blid2def » Fri May 16, 2008 10:00 pm

LenaHuat wrote:Hi GR
Oh! Oh, never heard of this.
But heard this idea abt hanging one's undie over the lampshade for that purpose.
Heard this twice from tour leaders but ain't sure if it's the ** (for twin peaks) or ** (for twin moulds) :lol: :lol:

Careful, maybe those tour leaders are those guys with underwear fetish. They use this as a trick. Then tomorrow you find it missing, they tell u it's because the spirits took them away and hence the possession was averted. :D
blid2def
Permanent Loafer

Next

Return to Archives