Movies & Moviestars 06 (May 10 - Sep 10)

Movies & Moviestars 06 (May 10 - Sep 10)

Postby millionairemind » Sat May 01, 2010 11:49 am

Starhub's TCM channel is screening CLASH OF THE TITANS (1981) for free now.

It's amazing that this show was made almost 30yrs ago and still not too bad to watch now after almost 30yrs.
"If a speculator is correct half of the time, he is hitting a good average. Even being right 3 or 4 times out of 10 should yield a person a fortune if he has the sense to cut his losses quickly on the ventures where he has been wrong" - Bernard Baruch

Disclaimer - The author may at times own some of the stocks mentioned in this forum. All discussions are NOT to be construed as buy/sell recommendations. Readers are advised to do their own research and analysis.
millionairemind
Big Boss

Re: Movies & Moviestars 6 (May 10 - Jul 10)

Postby kennynah » Sat May 01, 2010 8:39 pm

CLASH OF THE TITANS (1981) ...i remember this movie...actually quite good... i enjoyed it when i watched it...

Iron Man II

hmmmm....i thought it was a little draggy...2 hour long movie...

didn't quite make sense in the middle with Samuel L Jackson's cameo appearance....another one of those sequels that didn't quite make it... i like the first one better

but overall ... ok lah... 5/10 pop corns....mainly for the special effects..
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby kennynah » Sun May 02, 2010 11:14 pm

Jack Kevorkian - notoriously known as Doctor Death, for his stand on "Mercy Killing" or euthanasia ..

This movie, You Don't Know Jack, starring Al Pacino, dramatizes the life of this convicted criminal, Jack Kevorkian, and conveys the controversial issue of euthanasia...

Overall Rating : 6.5/10 pop corns

You Don't Know Jack (2010)

this is a picture of the real Jack Kevorkian
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby iam802 » Sun May 02, 2010 11:23 pm

Whip It.

No flashy animation or action movie. I like it for the simplicity of the story.

A story about growing up, defying parents expectations, finding your own path and ultimately gaining acceptance from the parents of one's choice.

4 / 5.

1. Always wait for the setup. NO SETUP; NO TRADE

2. The trend will END but I don't know WHEN.

TA and Options stuffs on InvestIdeas:
The Ichimoku Thread | Option Strategies Thread | Japanese Candlesticks Thread
iam802
Big Boss

Postby helios » Sat May 08, 2010 6:00 pm

葉問2 (Ye4 Wen4): Ip Man2 produced by Mandarin Films Distribution Co. movie studio directed by Wilson Yip.

Last Friday, I wanted to watch this movie in Taipei. However, it was not released until a day later when I left Taipei on the Saturday ...

There was not much of a facial expression (or acting) by Donnie Yen (neither did I watch the part 1 movie).

I was eager to watch Huang Xiao Ming instead. Why? He looked so gorgeous when he posed the famous Wing Chun stance ... ...

Yes, the fighting scenes were androgenic enough.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
helios
Permanent Loafer

Postby helios » Sat May 08, 2010 6:10 pm

帅!

Of his co-star Huang Xiaoming who plays Yip Man’s student Huang Jin, Yen said that he could envision Huang becoming “the next king of kung fu.”

Huang reportedly trained extensively in Wing Chun on and off the set of IP MAN 2 in preparation for his role.

If Huang isn’t familiar to action and martial arts fans, it’s for good reason. This handsome, 32-year-old actor from mainland China has only been in a handful of TV series and feature films since 1997 and none of them save for Feng Xiaogang’s THE BANQUET have yet traveled far outside of their home territory. His last notable appearance was in the war-time thriller THE MESSAGE. He has also starred in Dante Lam’s gunplay thriller SNIPER and ROYAL TRAMP, a 2008 TV adaptation of Louis Cha’s wuxia novel ‘The Deer and the Cauldron.”

Not forgetting this, Huang actually sang the theme song of THE MESSAGE ...

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
helios
Permanent Loafer

Postby millionairemind » Fri May 14, 2010 10:06 am

Finally got a chance to watch Johnny Kong... :mrgreen:

aka Kong Zi

I did not know he so cham.. kena chased from one country to the next ..... :P

"If a speculator is correct half of the time, he is hitting a good average. Even being right 3 or 4 times out of 10 should yield a person a fortune if he has the sense to cut his losses quickly on the ventures where he has been wrong" - Bernard Baruch

Disclaimer - The author may at times own some of the stocks mentioned in this forum. All discussions are NOT to be construed as buy/sell recommendations. Readers are advised to do their own research and analysis.
millionairemind
Big Boss

Postby helios » Sat May 15, 2010 6:42 pm

After watching the movie Robin Hood, I think that Russell Crowe has aged. Coz there was a bath tub scene which he had to take off his battle armour (and rejuvenate his body image as compared to the outlaw or gladiator?) ... ... Or actually, he should dropped some weight to play Robin? (my answer: yes!)

Nonetheless, his scene chemistry with the female lead Marian, is one of the frankest and brilliantly directed ... and Marian was featured as a strong, independent woman ...

Actually, I like the tagline "Rise and rise again, until Lambs became Lions" ...

Your verdict?
helios
Permanent Loafer

Postby kennynah » Sat May 15, 2010 8:26 pm

bcos it is russell crowe acting...i wont be watching it...that simple... 8-)

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby helios » Sat May 15, 2010 11:16 pm

oh.

First quarter of the movie was gritty and nitty.

Do watch the second half of the movie, especially the coastal battle scene was well-chronographed - you'll see how the wars were fought - the various strategies, and weaponry.

From the movie, we could learn a lot on the English history (and the different states, especially Nottingham).

It's a OK movie on the overalls.
helios
Permanent Loafer

Next

Return to Archives