1) Knowing what you dont want is the beginning
2) How do you want to feel ?
3) Hold the vision that feels good before taking action

Abraham Hicks - Perfect Career - Part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3D8gR2bTs8&NR=1

1) Know what you want
2) Make sure there's no contradiction in your signal to the Universe
3) Affirmation and Visualization is to ensure that you send out a pure signal
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Re: Career 02 (Apr 10 - Jul 11)

Postby winston » Sun May 15, 2011 7:38 am

Dear All,

I have moved the discussions on Immigration Policies of the Spore Government, into the "Singapore - GE 2011" thread.

Please do feel free to discuss those issues in that thread.

Take care,
Winston
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Sun May 15, 2011 8:29 pm

Abraham - Which career choice should this college student choose?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYW9IPTr ... re=related

1) There will always be a Next Step
2) You will be in that job as long as it rings your bell
3) Pick the one that comes easily
4) Just relax a bit; dont be too eager to make a decision
5) If the job really calls you then go for it; if not take your time
6) If it feels like nothing can keep you from it, then that's the right job
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Tue May 17, 2011 7:33 am

Overcoming 7 job search objections By Don Asher, CareerBuilder.com

(CareerBuilder) -- If you've been in the job market for more than five minutes, you've heard some networking contact or employer give you the brush off with these objections:

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/LIVING/04/2 ... index.html
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby millionairemind » Sat May 21, 2011 6:12 am

Published May 21, 2011

S'poreans least loyal employees: global poll

By LYNN KAN

SINGAPOREANS are a discontented lot. Results of a recent survey on Singaporean job satisfaction easily reads like the disconnect between the government and 'the ground' that was written about the recent general election.

Lumesse - a software systems provider for talent management - found that Singaporeans are the least loyal employees to the companies they work for among 14 countries and 4,000 employees polled.

Only 17 per cent say that they foresee themselves working for the same company forever, lagging global and Asia-Pacific averages of 35 per cent and 25 per cent, respectively.

Singaporeans are also polled as one of the least enthusiastic about going to work every day - behind Hong Kong and China. They are also one of the most cynical about the adequacy of workplace support of employee development.

What these results suggest, says managing director of Lumesse, Rolf Bezemer, is that Singaporean employees are not taking or getting enough ownership of their own careers.

'It's an early warning sign that employers reconsider how they should treat employees,' he says.

'There is a disconnect between what's expected by the organisation towards the employee and from the people towards the employer. Employees are saying 'I don't want to do exactly what you tell me, I am better informed than you think, I want to explore myself beyond what you want me to do, I want to be challenged, and I want to know what's going on in the organisation and how I can contribute to that'.'

The groundswell of discontent doesn't go away just by having more money flung at Singaporeans. Lumesse's survey showed that the proportion of Singaporeans whose pay jumped by more than 20 per cent was higher than the world average - yet, contentment is low.

Hence, making Singaporean workers feel more valued needs to go beyond monetary carrots.

Mr Bezemer's list of human resource to-dos promotes a flatter structure in the workplace. That means better work-life balance, more dialogue between boss and worker, and giving employees a say in what kind of training and development is in store for them.

Bosses who aren't willing to meet their employees in the middle might have to get used to their people leaving.

To mitigate the exodus, employees should be taken out of their comfort zone and given new responsibilities to take on, he says.

'What's the better alternative: having an employee who's very good at what he does leave because you don't want him to take on a new opportunity, or let him stay on to take on a different role?' Mr Bezemer asks.

Throwing someone into a new area poses tremendous risk - compromised profitability and even failure.

But to Mr Bezemer, it is better to have tried and failed than not to have tried at all.

'It depends on how a company looks upon failure. If it treats failure as learning then it's not an issue,' said Mr Bezemer. 'But learning should be a balance of dollars and challenge. Because work is not a military thing. Happy people need to be challenged in order to have fun.'
"If a speculator is correct half of the time, he is hitting a good average. Even being right 3 or 4 times out of 10 should yield a person a fortune if he has the sense to cut his losses quickly on the ventures where he has been wrong" - Bernard Baruch

Disclaimer - The author may at times own some of the stocks mentioned in this forum. All discussions are NOT to be construed as buy/sell recommendations. Readers are advised to do their own research and analysis.
millionairemind
Big Boss

Postby kennynah » Sat May 21, 2011 8:23 am

we have become a society where we've adopted the "each man for his own" approach....
i remember that in the 80s... workers were rather contented and loyal to their employers... that concept started eroding in the 90s..and then at the turn of the millennium... job insecurity became a reality...especially when job cuts progressively became a norm... hence, the trust that employers can be depended upon to provide job security was lost... naturally, people move about seeking safer havens or higher paying jobs... company loyalty became a passe...
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby millionairemind » Sat May 21, 2011 11:00 am

kennynah wrote:we have become a society where we've adopted the "each man for his own" approach....
i remember that in the 80s... workers were rather contented and loyal to their employers... that concept started eroding in the 90s..and then at the turn of the millennium... job insecurity became a reality...especially when job cuts progressively became a norm... hence, the trust that employers can be depended upon to provide job security was lost... naturally, people move about seeking safer havens or higher paying jobs... company loyalty became a passe...

Nowadays where got long term job security....

Even ministers given the boot... :lol: :lol:

I learned a simple notion long time again..

How INVALUABLE you are to an organization is based on the following:
1. The DEMAND for the things you can do
2. Your ABILITY to do it well
3. The DIFFICULTIES in replacing you...
"If a speculator is correct half of the time, he is hitting a good average. Even being right 3 or 4 times out of 10 should yield a person a fortune if he has the sense to cut his losses quickly on the ventures where he has been wrong" - Bernard Baruch

Disclaimer - The author may at times own some of the stocks mentioned in this forum. All discussions are NOT to be construed as buy/sell recommendations. Readers are advised to do their own research and analysis.
millionairemind
Big Boss

Postby winston » Sat May 21, 2011 11:58 am

I recalled Jack Welsch mentioning the following:

You may be a super-star and may appeared in today's paper..

But what do I use today's paper for ?

It's to wrap the fish of tomorrow.

Moral of the story: Stay Relevant
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Mon May 23, 2011 6:32 pm

Abraham Hicks - The feeling place of the perfect career

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMqIF0-L2fg

1) Ask yourself how it would feel when you are in your perfect career ?
2) That feeling of Security, Knowing, Things are working out etc.
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Wed May 25, 2011 7:56 pm

Abraham Hicks -Searching for a meaningful career

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwxhYWku ... 261BE78CAA
winston
Billionaire Boss

PreviousNext

Return to Archives