Life 07 (Apr 10 - Jun 10)

Life 07 (Apr 10 - Jun 10)

Postby winston » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:40 am

What is the secret to extend friendship with all in the Universe?

The bird called "Individual Soul" resides within a nine-holed pot called body.

Seeing the antics of the Mind, Death keeps laughing. It is a wonder how the bird has a body, how it came into the pot, and how it rises up and goes.

All the sages, and human beings of all the continents, are constantly undergoing the sentence of carrying about with them the burden of the body.

Now, out of all these beings, who are friends and who are enemies? When egoism dies out, all are friends. There are then no enemies. This lesson must be remembered by all.

Source: radiosai.org
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Re: Life 7 (Apr 10 - Jun 10)

Postby winston » Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:59 am

The isolated cannot live

The very desire to take shelter through conditioning breeds more strife, more problems; for conditioning is separating, and the separate, the isolated cannot live.

The separate, by joining itself to other separates, does not become the whole. The separate is always the isolated, though it may accumulate and gather, expand, include and identify.

Conditioning is destructive, disintegrating; but the shallow mind cannot see the truth of this, for it is active in search of truth. This very activity hinders the receiving of truth.

Truth is action, not the activity of the shallow, of the seeker, of the ambitious. Truth is the good, the beautiful, not the activity of the dancer, of the planner, of the spinner of words.

It is truth that liberates the shallow, not his scheme to be free. The shallow, the mind can never make itself free; it can only move from one conditioning to another, thinking the other is more free.

The more is never free, it is conditioning, an extension of the less. The movement of becoming, of the man who wants to become, is the activity of the shallow.

The shallow are ever afraid of what they are; but what they are is the truth. Truth is in the silent observation of what is, and it is truth that transforms what is.

- Commentaries on Living Series I Chapter 76 Exploitation and Activity

Source: jkrishnamurthi.com
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:35 am

How to overcome delusion and march towards God?

The four subtle elements of Consciousness:-
1) Mind,
2) Intellect,
3) Will and
4) Ego
- are all Delusion.

What is Delusion? It means 'not exist' - that which does not exist but appears to exist is Delusion. Delusion makes the unreal appear as real and the real as unreal. The other name for Delusion is Ignorance.

Ignorance is that which hides the reality from you and makes you regard the non-existing as existing. It makes the false appear as true. As you move towards the light, your shadow falls behind you; when you move away from the light, you have to follow your own shadow.

Go every moment one step nearer to the Divine and then Delusion, the shadow, will fall behind you and will not delude you at all.

winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:19 pm

Death is total ending

So for us death is total ending, the ending of your attachment - right?-ending all that you have collected. You cannot take it with you. You may like to have it until the last minute, but you cannot possibly take it with you. So please listen.

So we have divided life into dying and living. And this division has brought about great fear. And out of that fear we invent all kinds of theories, very comforting, may be illusory, but it is very comforting, illusions are comfortably neurotic.

So is it possible, please I am asking you this question, is it possible, as we live, to die to things that we are attached to? Do you understand my question?

I am attached to my reputation - God forbid - I am attached to it. And death is coming along, because I am getting older and I am frightened, because I am going to lose everything. So can I be totally free of the image, of the reputation that people have given me? Do you understand?

So that you are dying as you are living. I wonder if you understand this? So the division between the living and dying is not miles apart, it is together. I wonder if you understand this please.

And if you understand the great beauty of it that each day, or each second there is no accumulation, no psychological accumulation, you have to accumulate clothes with money and so on, that's a different matter, but psychologically there is no accumulation as knowledge, as attachment, saying, `It's mine'. Will you do it?

Will you actually do this thing so that this conflict between death and living with all its pain and fear and anxiety comes totally to an end, so that you are - the brain is incarnated? Do you understand? I wonder if you understand all this. The brain is being reborn afresh, so that it has tremendous freedom.

New Delhi 4th Public Talk 13th November, 1983

winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:37 am

Life

Life is a very complex problem and you can't forget the complexity of it by saying 'I won't look at it'.

One has to approach it extraordinarily simply, and no formula must be there, no ideology, no choice - mere observation.

- Talks in Europe 1967

winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:06 pm

The key quality for every spiritual aspirant.

You experience joy and misery through the ear. Therefore, avoiding the cruel arrows of harsh words, one should use words that are sweet, pleasant and soft.

With that softness, add the sweetness of truth. To make the words soft, if falsehood is added, it would only clear the way for some more misery.

Hence, a spiritual aspirant should use very soft, sweet, true and pleasant words. Such persons can be recognized by their good qualities themselves.

winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:55 am

How can we attain perfection and lead a fulfilling life?

The inevitable destiny of every living being is the attainment of perfection and fullness. Our present condition of incompleteness is the consequence of our activities during our previous lives.

The thoughts, feelings, passions and acts of past lives have caused the present condition in life. Similarly, our future is being built on the basis of our present deeds and desires, thoughts and feelings.

Seek help from the Divine to purify and sublimate your consciousness. Thus, your spiritual progress will be accelerated and you will attain perfection and fullness.

winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:18 pm

The worshipper is the worshipped.

The worshipper is the worshipped. To worship another is to worship oneself; the image, the symbol, is a projection of oneself. After all, your idol, your book, your prayer, is the reflection of your background; it is your creation, though it be made by another.

You choose according to your gratification; your choice is your prejudice. Your image is your intoxicant, and it is carved out of your own memory; you are worshipping yourself through the image created by your own thought.

Your devotion is the love of yourself covered over by the chant of your mind. The picture is yourself, it is the reflection of your mind. Such devotion is a form of self-deception that only leads to sorrow and to isolation, which is death.

Is search devotion? To search after something is not to search; to seek truth is not to find it. We escape from ourselves through search, which is illusion; we try in every way to take flight from what we are.

In ourselves we are so petty, so essentially nothing, and the worship of something greater than ourselves is as petty and stupid as we are. Identification with the great is still a projection of the small. The more is an extension of the less. The small in search of the large will find only what it is capable of finding.

The escapes are many and various but the mind in escape is still fearful, narrow and ignorant. The understanding of escape is the freedom from what is. The what is can be understood only when the mind is no longer in search of an answer.

The search for an answer is an escape from what is. This search is called by various names, one of which is devotion; but to understand what is, the mind must be silent.

Commentaries On Living Series II Chapter 10 Devotion And Worship

winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:42 am

How does one perceive the whole of anything?

How does one perceive the whole of anything? The whole of fear, not the broken up of fear in different forms or the fear of the unconscious and the conscious - in the conscious and in the unconsciousness - but the whole of fear. You understand?

How does one perceive the whole of fear? How do I perceive the whole of me - the 'me' constructed by thought, isolated by thought, fragmented by thought which in itself is fragmented?

So it creates the 'me' and thinks that 'me' is independent of thought. The 'me' thinks it is independent of thought but it has created the 'me' - the 'me' with all its anxieties, fears, vanities, agonies, pleasures, pain, hopes - all that. That 'me' has been created by thought.

And that 'me' becomes independent of thought, it thinks it has its own life - like a microphone which is created by thought, and yet it is independent of thought.

The mountain is not created by thought but yet it is independent. The 'me' is created by thought and the 'me' says: "I am independent of thought". Now to see the totality - you understand - is this clear now?

So what is fear totally - not the various forms of fear, not the various leaves of this tree of fear but the total tree of fear? Right? How does one see the totality of fear? To see something totally or to listen to something completely there must be freedom, mustn't there?

Freedom from prejudice, freedom from your conclusion, freedom from your wanting to be free of fear, freedom from the rationalization of fear. Please follow all this.

Freedom from the desire to control it - can the mind be free of all that? Otherwise it can't see the whole. I am afraid. I am afraid because of tomorrow, losing a job, afraid I may not succeed, afraid I might lose my position, afraid that there I will be challenged and I'll not be able to reply, afraid of losing my capacity - all the fears that one has.

Can you look at it without - please listen - any movement of thought which is time, which causes fear? Have you understood something?

- Saanen 4th Public Talk 20th July 1975

winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:11 pm

Why is it important to keep our hearts pure, every single minute of our life?

All spiritual practices are of no avail, if the heart is not pure.

Your cravings and attachments will not disappear even if you are immersed in many spiritual practices so long as the heart is full of the illusion of egoism. Remember that agitations of the mind cannot exist in the same heart filled with love.

Can light and darkness ever co-exist at the same place and the same time? Hence, you must remove the illusion of egoism from your heart. To get rid of the feeling of "I" and "mine", you must worship the Divine.

You must become an aspirant without likes and dislikes.

winston
Billionaire Boss

Next

Return to Archives