Youth Olympic Games (YOG)

Youth Olympic Games (YOG)

Postby bulltick » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:33 am

YOG tickets on sale now. I expect tickets for Swimming, gymnastics, diving & table tennis to sell out fast so be quick if you want to watch these games.

http://tickets.singapore2010.sg/YOGBook ... ctogram.do
bulltick
Loafer

Re: YOG

Postby Musicwhiz » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:03 am

Yes, please do support YOG. :D

Kingsmen Creatives are the official Events Management sponsor for YOG. :D
Please visit my value investing blog at http://sgmusicwhiz.blogspot.com
Musicwhiz
Boss' Right Hand Person

Re: YOG

Postby millionairemind » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:28 pm

Published April 2, 2010

3,000 YOG prepaid cards snapped up in two hours

ONE of the six different types of the first all-in-one Prepaid 'Mascots Edition' cards for the Singapore Youth Olympic Games (YOG) went on sale yesterday. And close to 3,000 cards were sold within two hours.

Customers who buy on line can choose to personalise cards with their names or a message with a maximum of 21 characters. Non-personalised cards can be bought from any AXS station and all DBS and POSB branches.

The limited-edition cards are the result of a collaboration between DBS and Visa.

The DBS Visa pre-paid cards are designed to facilitate public transit requirements during YOG and could serve as a model for future Olympic Games.

Meranda Chan, Visa's country manager for Brunei and Singapore, said the card will help those travelling to YOG 'manage their budgets with one secure, convenient card'.

DBS's group executive and head of the consumer banking group Rajan Raju said DBS is 'excited about helping Singaporeans own a meaningful piece of YOG history'.

The cards feature YOG mascots Lyo and Merly and come with pre-loaded value of $5. They cost $28 each for $50 a set. The cards can be bought on line at www.dbs.com/sg/prepaid.

Customers who buy on line can choose to personalise cards with their names or a message with a maximum of 21 characters. Non-personalised cards can be bought from any AXS station and all DBS and POSB branches.

Other DBS Visa pre-paid cards, such as YOG opening and closing ceremony cards and a 'Champions Edition' card, limited to 5,000 sets, will be available later.
"If a speculator is correct half of the time, he is hitting a good average. Even being right 3 or 4 times out of 10 should yield a person a fortune if he has the sense to cut his losses quickly on the ventures where he has been wrong" - Bernard Baruch

Disclaimer - The author may at times own some of the stocks mentioned in this forum. All discussions are NOT to be construed as buy/sell recommendations. Readers are advised to do their own research and analysis.
millionairemind
Big Boss

C'mon in when boredom strikes! 3 (May 10 - Oct 10)

Postby kennynah » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:18 pm

on Youth Olympics Games which will be hosted here in sengkahpor...

i cant say i'm all too excited about this event...i need to ponder over my inert reaction....

are you all hyped up over this YOG ?
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Re: C'mon in when boredom strikes! 3 (May 10 - Oct 10)

Postby iam802 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:56 pm

kennynah wrote:on Youth Olympics Games which will be hosted here in sengkahpor...

i cant say i'm all too excited about this event...i need to ponder over my inert reaction....

are you all hyped up over this YOG ?

Inert reaction. You are not alone.

In fact, I think the govt. is spending money to repaint 'Kallang Theatre' (<< which is a deserted building).

Definitely not something I would support.

But, having said that, I think the long long awaited construction (or destruction) for the Sports Hub will begin soon.

I saw a sign board near the Stadium highlighting the carparks will be closed
1. Always wait for the setup. NO SETUP; NO TRADE

2. The trend will END but I don't know WHEN.

TA and Options stuffs on InvestIdeas:
The Ichimoku Thread | Option Strategies Thread | Japanese Candlesticks Thread
iam802
Big Boss

Postby kennynah » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:02 pm

apparently, the earlier projected cost of hosting this event has now become tripled for a total of S$390mil... PS of Sports ministry came on tv and explained that it was due to a deviation of guesstimate from reality....

news reports it as government's money... what brainwashing language this is...

there's no such thing as government money...it is and will always be OUR people's money...
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby iam802 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:10 pm

It will be higher than S$390M. My estimate S$500M (estimate mah...don't need money).

I won't be surprised given that they even talk about having motorist to give way to YOG cars?!!

Everybody give way...of course, we lose time and money. Less efficient and hence output lower.

How to be 'better, betterer or betterest' if we keep having to give way to non-emergency cars like YOG cars

The lost in productivity will cost companies more than S$500M.
1. Always wait for the setup. NO SETUP; NO TRADE

2. The trend will END but I don't know WHEN.

TA and Options stuffs on InvestIdeas:
The Ichimoku Thread | Option Strategies Thread | Japanese Candlesticks Thread
iam802
Big Boss

Postby kennynah » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:18 pm

wah 1/2 a billion sengkahporeans' money.... to "market" us to the world ah...

i wonder if such disinterest is at root, any innate discontent and disconnect :?: :?: :?

even as i watch the various national day commercials (read : propaganda).. i'm not always "moved" in any way.... hmmmm...

and when i saw the YOG commercial featuring a musical performance by 5 young people...clearly of caucasian andn "others" descent...i couldn't quite make out a single singaporean face in that group...

it makes me feel like we are the "roberts" again.... open legs freely...we pay..but advertise non-singaporean participation...

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Re: Youth Olympic Games (YOG)

Postby millionairemind » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:52 am

Better than throwing money at UBS and BP and losing it into the black hole???
"If a speculator is correct half of the time, he is hitting a good average. Even being right 3 or 4 times out of 10 should yield a person a fortune if he has the sense to cut his losses quickly on the ventures where he has been wrong" - Bernard Baruch

Disclaimer - The author may at times own some of the stocks mentioned in this forum. All discussions are NOT to be construed as buy/sell recommendations. Readers are advised to do their own research and analysis.
millionairemind
Big Boss

Re: Youth Olympic Games (YOG)

Postby kanglc » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:49 am

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNew ... 50497.html

THE budget for the inaugural Youth Olympic Games (YOG) has surpassed original estimates of US$75 million ($104 million) by more than three times.

The projected government spending for the 13-day Games in August will now be approximately $387 million.

This was revealed today by Mr Niam Chiang Meng, the Permanent Secretary for the Ministry of Community Development, Youth and Sports, in a briefing at MCYS headquarters at Thomson Road regarding the Aug 14-26 Games.

He stressed however, that the benefits will still continue to outweigh the increased cost. Besides $260 million (or 70 per cent of the budget) worth of contracts that has been awarded to local companies, the YOG is also expected to attract about 40,000 foreign visitors, generating a $57 million boom in tourism receipts.

Also, the IOC has estimated that the YOG will be watched by a global audience of 1.5 billion, with the total international media value in excess of $86 million.
kanglc
Loafer

Next

Return to Archives