Car 01 (May 08 - Dec 12)

Re: Car 1 (May 08 - Oct 10)

Postby Aspellian » Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:15 pm

They should have various tiers for COE. eg one group pricing if its first car in the family, another added premium if its the 2nd car in the family, 3rd car etc...

Note that I write family or those with the same address, if not a 10 year old kid will be use to register a car (if that is allowed! haha!)

PROMISE, PASSION, PEACE, POWER, PURPOSE, PLAN, PATIENCE, PERSEVERANCE, PROTECTION
DELIGHT, DISCIPLINE, DILIGENT, DETERMINATION, DESIRE

"Its not whether you're right or wrong thats important, but how much money you make when you're right and how much you lose when you're wrong." - Warren Buffet
Aspellian
Boss

Postby iam802 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:25 pm

This will not work.

The counter argument I can think of is :
- I pay for my car (1 car and first car I own)
- Mrs also pays for the car with her own money (1 car and first car she owns)
- My son pay for his car with his own money (1 car and first car he owns)
- My daughter pay for her car with her own money (1 car ...)
- My maid #1 also pay for car (1 car...)
- My maid #2 also pay for car (1 car...)

How can we lump purchases together if they are all buying for themselves.

Don't even bother to think of 'suggestions' or 'solutions' for this.

But more importantly, up till now, Bukit Timah still do not have ERP.... and I wonder why?
1. Always wait for the setup. NO SETUP; NO TRADE

2. The trend will END but I don't know WHEN.

TA and Options stuffs on InvestIdeas:
The Ichimoku Thread | Option Strategies Thread | Japanese Candlesticks Thread
iam802
Big Boss

Postby kennynah » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:59 pm

iam802 wrote:But more importantly, up till now, Bukit Timah still do not have ERP.... and I wonder why?

many zheng hu lang stay there ??

anyways....it's been more than a decade that we have COE policy in place.... the original intention to bring down the car population and maintaining a manageable size, imo, have been achieved a long time ago....

the purpose of COE is spent...no use for it anymore....

becos, we can now contain the number of vehicles by simply reverting back to the "scrap one old car before buying one new car" policy....

sometimes, the best solution is the simplest solution...

but we know why COE is still around lah..... they exist to pay for the exorbitant salaries of the people in parliament...
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Re: Car 01 (May 08 - Oct 10)

Postby Musicwhiz » Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:56 pm

I can't see the point of this RazorTV article in ST. To make people feel envious? Or to let these "lucky" undergraduates boast about their spankingly beautiful cars? Yet another blatant sign of materialism being "promoted" by our dear ST! :evil:

Sep 16, 2010
First car before graduation

By Shivali Nayak, Multimedia Journalist, RazorTV

UNDERGRADUATES are not just chasing degrees these days. Some of them they are also chasing milestones, like owning their first car before graduation.

One such person is Nur Ilham, a first-year student from National Institute of Education, who has yet to graduate but has already gotten his first car. The 21-year-old owns a Chevrolet Aveo 5 that cost him $57,000 and is fully paid - by him. He had worked part-time to finance his car payments.

Other undergraduates are even luckier. First-year undergraduate Asri drives a Volkswagen Beetle, while final-year Electrical and Electronic Engineering undergraduate Wong Kah Wai drives a Lexus. These cars cost well over $100,000 each, all paid for by their parents.

RazorTV staked out the car parks at Nanyang Technological University and National University of Singapore, and found many luxury cars on campus - all owned by students.
Please visit my value investing blog at http://sgmusicwhiz.blogspot.com
Musicwhiz
Boss' Right Hand Person

Postby winston » Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:51 pm

When I was at University, some of my classmates have sports cars as well.

Well, they were lucky to be born into rich families. They dont really have to study. Just take some "bird courses" with the objective of graduating with a three year general degree.

And after graduation, there would be a good job waiting for them in the father's company or somewhere where they have some connection.

If they earned money for their car, then I think it's ok like one of the guys in the article.

If they got the car from their parents, it's also ok as it's their business not ours.

And I know of an intern at one of the IB, whose father is a billionaire and bought her a Ferrari :roll:
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby Musicwhiz » Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:58 pm

winston wrote:When I was at University, some of my classmates have sports cars as well.

Well, they were lucky to be born into rich families. They dont really have to study. Just take some "bird courses" with the objective of graduating with a three year general degree.

And after graduation, there would be a good job waiting for them in the father's company or somewhere where they have some connection.

If they earned money for their car, then I think it's ok like one of the guys in the article.

If they got the car from their parents, it's also ok as it's their business not ours.

And I know of an intern at one of the IB, whose father is a billionaire and bought her a Ferrari :roll:

Actually I am not saying anything against the students who own such cars, as they are simply the beneficiaries.

But why should the parents spoil them so much? Will this teach them how to strive for what they want in life, if everything is made so easy? Will they ever know what it's like to struggle and earn a decent living? :shock:
Please visit my value investing blog at http://sgmusicwhiz.blogspot.com
Musicwhiz
Boss' Right Hand Person

Postby winston » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:04 pm

Musicwhiz wrote: Actually I am not saying anything against the students who own such cars, as they are simply the beneficiaries.

But why should the parents spoil them so much? Will this teach them how to strive for what they want in life, if everything is made so easy? Will they ever know what it's like to struggle and earn a decent living? :shock:

Yes, I struggle with the question above as well when I was younger.

I even discussed that with a real estate agent before, whose clients include billionaires. Her reply was that the parents are so rich that they need to slowly teach the kids to be comfortable with money.

The kids will inherit the billions one day. So the parents will need to slowly get the kids to be comfortable with having money.

Start them off with hundreds of thousands first. Then millions. Then only will they be comfortable managing hundreds of millions if not billions.
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Singapore - Transportation Sector

Postby LenaHuat » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:17 pm

This local car forum is discussing today's special supplementary advertisement of the SLS AMG Mercedes:-
http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?showtopic=2655227

I picked up a copy of it at a Starbucks cafe. It's unbelievably opulent racy advertising, 4 pages of A4 sized heavy-grammed pic of the car. It was a flaming red one :o . We should soon see it on our roads.
Please be forewarned that you are reading a post by an otiose housewife. ImageImage**Image**Image@@ImageImageImage
LenaHuat
Big Boss

Postby LenaHuat » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:24 pm

OK, I actually took a foto of it :-
Please be forewarned that you are reading a post by an otiose housewife. ImageImage**Image**Image@@ImageImageImage
LenaHuat
Big Boss

Re: Singapore - Transportation Sector

Postby helios » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:36 pm

LenaHuat wrote:I picked up a copy of it at a Starbucks cafe. It's unbelievably opulent racy advertising, 4 pages of A4 sized heavy-grammed pic of the car. It was a flaming red one. We should soon see it on our roads.

Didn't see Lena Jie at starbucks, today!

Tomorrow, i'd be at starbucks too. It's a prominent location for meetings.
helios
Permanent Loafer

PreviousNext

Return to Archives