Movies & Moviestars 05 (Feb 10 - Apr 10)

Movies & Moviestars 05 (Feb 10 - Apr 10)

Postby kennynah » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:14 pm

i never used to like watching mel gibson's movies until he produced and directed one recent movie...

still, very often, i see the same rhetoric actions from his past Lethal Weapon (I,II,III,etc) movies even in this latest performance...

overall rating : 5/10 pop corns

Edge of Darkness (2010)

Last edited by kennynah on Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Re: Movies & Moviestars 5 (Feb 10 - Apr 10)

Postby Cheng » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:25 pm

I like this show, very touching. All my female classmates cried. :lol:

Hachiko: A Dog's Story is a 2009 American drama film based on the true story of the faithful Japanese dog Hachikō. It is a remake of the 1987 Japanese film Hachikō Monogatari. It was directed by Lasse Hallström, written by Stephen P. Lindsey and stars Richard Gere, Joan Allen and Sarah Roemer.

"The really big money tends to be made by investors who are right on qualitative decisions." Warren Buffett

"Risk no more than you can afford to lose, and also risk enough so that a win is meaningful." Ed Seykota

Scan with FA, Time with TA, Volatility is my Friend. :)
Cheng
Foreman

Postby millionairemind » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:39 pm

Cheng wrote:I like this show, very touching. All my female classmates cried. :lol:

Good to bring a girl you are dating to this kind of show, just to show that you are a new age sensitive man ;)
"If a speculator is correct half of the time, he is hitting a good average. Even being right 3 or 4 times out of 10 should yield a person a fortune if he has the sense to cut his losses quickly on the ventures where he has been wrong" - Bernard Baruch

Disclaimer - The author may at times own some of the stocks mentioned in this forum. All discussions are NOT to be construed as buy/sell recommendations. Readers are advised to do their own research and analysis.
millionairemind
Big Boss

Postby kennynah » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:43 pm

Cheng wrote:I like this show, very touching. All my female classmates cried. :lol:

you must have been very busy "consoling" them all.... 8-)
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby winston » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:03 pm

Anybody seen "Street Kings" before ?
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby millionairemind » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:00 pm

I place my bets on Avatar for best picture :D

Feb 3, 2010
Tight race for Oscars

LOS ANGELES - SCIENCE fiction blockbuster Avatar and Iraq war drama The Hurt Locker narrowly led the Oscar nominee list, with nine nominations each, including Best Picture and Best Director.

The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences revealed the Oscar nominees before hundreds of media members packed into the Samuel Goldwyn Theatre yesterday morning. The announcement serves as a starting pistol for weeks of frenzied campaigning by studios bidding to push the claims of their respective films ahead of the Oscars, which take place on March 7.

Also vying for Best Picture is director Quentin Tarantino's bloody World War II revenge film Inglourious Basterds, with eight nominations.

It was followed by the independent film Precious about the struggles of an illiterate abused teenager, which scored six nominations, including Best Picture and Best Director.

Other films in the Best Picture race include District 9, South African director Neill Blomkamp's dazzling science-fiction film about aliens stranded in a Johannesburg township, and Up, Pixar's charming animated film about a crotchety widower who ties balloons to his house and floats to South America.

It was only the second time in Oscars history that an animated film has made it into the Best Picture race, after Disney's Beauty And The Beast in 1992.
"If a speculator is correct half of the time, he is hitting a good average. Even being right 3 or 4 times out of 10 should yield a person a fortune if he has the sense to cut his losses quickly on the ventures where he has been wrong" - Bernard Baruch

Disclaimer - The author may at times own some of the stocks mentioned in this forum. All discussions are NOT to be construed as buy/sell recommendations. Readers are advised to do their own research and analysis.
millionairemind
Big Boss

Postby kennynah » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:33 pm

a few familiar faces in this movie but hollywood's stereotyping of Asians as the bad guys lend this movie a negative rating from me

overall rating : -1/10

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby kennynah » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:57 pm

a fantasy not unlike Charlie and the Chocolate Factory... with surprises...watch out for brief performances by johnny depp and jude law... and another distinguished but ageing actor...christopher plummer...

overall rating : 6/10 pop corns

Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus (2009)
Last edited by kennynah on Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby kennynah » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:59 pm

Cheng wrote:Image

Gere has moved on from being the navy stud, to the rich saving a prostitute from a life of despair, to ballroom dancing back to love and now acts with a dog...

not my kind of movie for sure...and he's not the kind of actor i enjoy watching performing too...

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby winston » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:08 pm

Anybody seen this "Untraceable" ? looks quite good so far ...
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Next

Return to Archives