Movies & Moviestars 05 (Feb 10 - Apr 10)

Re: Movies & Moviestars 5 (Feb 10 - Apr 10)

Postby winston » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:48 pm

Tang premieres new film after reported China ban

Ang Lee protege Tang Wei premieres first film since reported China ban over 'Lust, Caution'

MIN LEE

Chinese actress Tang Wei returned to the red carpet on Sunday, promoting her first movie since the 2007 Ang Lee spy thriller "Lust, Caution," a politically sensitive production that reportedly prompted officials to ban her in her home country.

Lee catapulted the then-unknown Tang to stardom by casting her as a student activist who seduces a Japanese-allied Chinese intelligence chief in World War II-era Shanghai to pave way for his assassination, only to fall in love with the traitor.

With many Chinese still incensed by Japanese atrocities during the war, government censors asked Lee to edit the film to be more politically acceptable. The Oscar-winning Taiwanese filmmaker changed a line of dialogue at the end of the movie so it was more ambiguous if Tang's character gave away the assassination plot. He also toned down explicit sex scenes.

But even though the edited version of the movie was cleared for release, Chinese officials still wanted to punish Tang, ordering TV stations to pull ads featuring the actress and to stop covering her, according to news reports.

The actress did not act again until "Crossing Hennessy," a Hong Kong-set romance that held its world premiere on Sunday, kicking off the 34th Hong Kong International Film Festival. The Ivy Ho movie has been cleared for release in China.

"Coming to Hong Kong for this premiere, I can see (director) Ivy and (co-star) Andy On again. I've been very happy. Now I'm just excited to see the movie," Tang told reporters.

"I will be happy if everyone can see my work," she said.

Another co-star, veteran Hong Kong actress Paw Hee-ching, said she was delighted to see Tang's comeback.

"Everyone knows that Tang Wei is an actress of international stature, but she hasn't been able to make any movies in the past few years. For her to see the light of day again with this movie, I'm really happy for her," Paw said.

In "Crossing Hennessy," Tang plays a shopkeeper who's set up with the owner of an electric appliance store, played by Hong Kong pop legend Jacky Cheung.

The Chinese actress has also been shooting "Late Autumn," an English-language remake of the 1966 South Korean film by the same name, directed by Kim Tae-yong and costarring Hyun Bin.

The Hong Kong festival, which runs until April 6, will screen 298 movies from more than 50 countries, including 24 world premieres.

Source: AP News
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby millionairemind » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:13 pm

Watched HOSTEL. Damn bloody.... :o :o

Moral of the movie - Nobody gives you free sex for nothing... :mrgreen:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0450278/plotsummary
3 backpackers are in Amsterdam where they get locked out of their youth hostel. They are invited into a man's house where he tells them of a hostel somewhere in eastern Europe where the women are all incredibly hot and have a taste for American men. When they get there, everything is too good to be true - the hostel is "to die for"

"If a speculator is correct half of the time, he is hitting a good average. Even being right 3 or 4 times out of 10 should yield a person a fortune if he has the sense to cut his losses quickly on the ventures where he has been wrong" - Bernard Baruch

Disclaimer - The author may at times own some of the stocks mentioned in this forum. All discussions are NOT to be construed as buy/sell recommendations. Readers are advised to do their own research and analysis.
millionairemind
Big Boss

Postby kennynah » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:03 pm

卖国贼

winston wrote:Tang premieres new film after reported China ban

Ang Lee protege Tang Wei premieres first film since reported China ban over 'Lust, Caution'

MIN LEE

Chinese actress Tang Wei returned to the red carpet on Sunday, promoting her first movie since the 2007 Ang Lee spy thriller "Lust, Caution," a politically sensitive production that reportedly prompted officials to ban her in her home country.

Lee catapulted the then-unknown Tang to stardom by casting her as a student activist who seduces a Japanese-allied Chinese intelligence chief in World War II-era Shanghai to pave way for his assassination, only to fall in love with the traitor.

With many Chinese still incensed by Japanese atrocities during the war, government censors asked Lee to edit the film to be more politically acceptable. The Oscar-winning Taiwanese filmmaker changed a line of dialogue at the end of the movie so it was more ambiguous if Tang's character gave away the assassination plot. He also toned down explicit sex scenes.

But even though the edited version of the movie was cleared for release, Chinese officials still wanted to punish Tang, ordering TV stations to pull ads featuring the actress and to stop covering her, according to news reports.

The actress did not act again until "Crossing Hennessy," a Hong Kong-set romance that held its world premiere on Sunday, kicking off the 34th Hong Kong International Film Festival. The Ivy Ho movie has been cleared for release in China.

"Coming to Hong Kong for this premiere, I can see (director) Ivy and (co-star) Andy On again. I've been very happy. Now I'm just excited to see the movie," Tang told reporters.

"I will be happy if everyone can see my work," she said.

Another co-star, veteran Hong Kong actress Paw Hee-ching, said she was delighted to see Tang's comeback.

"Everyone knows that Tang Wei is an actress of international stature, but she hasn't been able to make any movies in the past few years. For her to see the light of day again with this movie, I'm really happy for her," Paw said.

In "Crossing Hennessy," Tang plays a shopkeeper who's set up with the owner of an electric appliance store, played by Hong Kong pop legend Jacky Cheung.

The Chinese actress has also been shooting "Late Autumn," an English-language remake of the 1966 South Korean film by the same name, directed by Kim Tae-yong and costarring Hyun Bin.

The Hong Kong festival, which runs until April 6, will screen 298 movies from more than 50 countries, including 24 world premieres.

Source: AP News
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby kennynah » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:04 pm

this kinda movie i like

overall rating : 7/10 pop corn

Sweet Rain (2008)

Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby helios » Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:08 pm

I like it too.

Watched it with Bro802's recommendation.

The theme song sunny day is lovely ...
helios
Permanent Loafer

Postby millionairemind » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:13 am

If you enjoy CHICAGO, you will like this.

If you don't, better stay the hell away. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

NINE
Famed Italian director Guido Contini is ten days away from the start of principal filming of his latest movie, ambitiously titled "Italia". The general speculation by anyone who has followed production, including the press, is that Guido has lost his creative vision and that this production will go the way of his last two films: be a flop. The first part of that statement is indeed true as Guido not only does not yet have a script, but he has no idea for the movie at all. Guido escapes to a seaside resort to convalesce and get away from all the pressures of this production, this convalescence only to moderate success as he thinks about the women who have shaped his life.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0875034/plotsummary

"If a speculator is correct half of the time, he is hitting a good average. Even being right 3 or 4 times out of 10 should yield a person a fortune if he has the sense to cut his losses quickly on the ventures where he has been wrong" - Bernard Baruch

Disclaimer - The author may at times own some of the stocks mentioned in this forum. All discussions are NOT to be construed as buy/sell recommendations. Readers are advised to do their own research and analysis.
millionairemind
Big Boss

Postby kennynah » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:10 am

i've always rather enjoyed jude law's performance....

in this movie, his character personifies the preciousness of life...

overall rating : 6.5/10 pop corns

Repomen (2010)

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby millionairemind » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:21 pm

Watched CLASH OF THE TITANS....

I probably went in with too high an expectation...

Disappointing... :(

millionairemind
Big Boss

Postby helios » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:40 pm

millionairemind wrote:Watched CLASH OF THE TITANS....

I probably went in with too high an expectation...

Disappointing...

Yeah.

Story plot is so-so.

And the plot doesn't bring out Sam Washington's acting.

Only 1 scene was memorable, i.e. he executed a diagonal jump of wedging the sword blade, using the Greek Sword Blade (Gladius) that the Roman Soldiers used in Athens.

The script writer tried too hard to stick to the hard core facts which make the story plot too rigid to illustrate in 2 hours.

Maybe, I prefer Hercules though ...
Last edited by helios on Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
helios
Permanent Loafer

Postby kennynah » Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:48 am

rewatched this movie...

closest to a romance i would watch...

overall rating : 7/10 pop corns

Young Victoria

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

PreviousNext

Return to Archives