Family & Parenthood 02 (Jan 10 - Aug 10)

Re: Family & Parenthood 2 (Jan 10 - Apr 10)

Postby millionairemind » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:53 pm

I think I am getting older..... probably more in my mind than my body.. :D

I have noticed that alot of young men (late teens and early 20s) wearing ear rings. I tot it strange. Maybe its a fashion statement. Maybe times have changed.

Some men even wear those ear rings that need their ear lobes to be permanently enlarged in order to fit in the "button ear rings". Have they tot about what this kind of "disfigurement" will do to their corporate career when they are in their mid-30s and beyond??

I always tot these ornaments are only for ladies. Perhaps the metrosexual and new age men revolution passed me by without waving at me. :mrgreen:

I have also seen middle age men around their 40s sporting ear rings, perhaps to signify that they are still young?

If your son wants an ear ring, will you let him?
"If a speculator is correct half of the time, he is hitting a good average. Even being right 3 or 4 times out of 10 should yield a person a fortune if he has the sense to cut his losses quickly on the ventures where he has been wrong" - Bernard Baruch

Disclaimer - The author may at times own some of the stocks mentioned in this forum. All discussions are NOT to be construed as buy/sell recommendations. Readers are advised to do their own research and analysis.
millionairemind
Big Boss

Postby iam802 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:01 pm

Blame him
Hidden Content:
1. Always wait for the setup. NO SETUP; NO TRADE

2. The trend will END but I don't know WHEN.

TA and Options stuffs on InvestIdeas:
The Ichimoku Thread | Option Strategies Thread | Japanese Candlesticks Thread
iam802
Big Boss

Postby millionairemind » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:17 pm

So the B guy is the chief culprit :D
"If a speculator is correct half of the time, he is hitting a good average. Even being right 3 or 4 times out of 10 should yield a person a fortune if he has the sense to cut his losses quickly on the ventures where he has been wrong" - Bernard Baruch

Disclaimer - The author may at times own some of the stocks mentioned in this forum. All discussions are NOT to be construed as buy/sell recommendations. Readers are advised to do their own research and analysis.
millionairemind
Big Boss

Postby winston » Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:16 pm

The child is thinking, and receiving vibrational thought from you on the day that he enters your environment.

That is the reason that beliefs are transmitted so easily from parent to child, from parent to child, from parent to child.

The child is vibrationally receiving your fears, your beliefs, even without your spoken word...

If you want to do that which is of greatest value for your child, give thought only to that which you want, and your child will receive only those wanted thoughts.

--- Abraham

Excerpted from "The Law of Attraction, The Basics of the Teachings of Abraham" #385

Source: abraham-hicks.com
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby helios » Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:31 pm

millionairemind wrote:I think I am getting older..... probably more in my mind than my body..

I have noticed that alot of young men (late teens and early 20s) wearing ear rings. I tot it strange. Maybe its a fashion statement. Maybe times have changed.

Some men even wear those ear rings that need their ear lobes to be permanently enlarged in order to fit in the "button ear rings". Have they tot about what this kind of "disfigurement" will do to their corporate career when they are in their mid-30s and beyond??

I have also seen middle age men around their 40s sporting ear rings, perhaps to signify that they are still young?

If your son wants an ear ring, will you let him?

MM ge, it's a self-expression. i think, some (metrosexual) guys can wear ear rings (subtle wear without being too 'loud'). And they might not need to wear it oftenly.

I've 3 ear-studs and the story is ... i dropped my diamond ear ring (somewhere) and felt it's a pity to not wear the other pair ...
helios
Permanent Loafer

Postby Musicwhiz » Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:58 pm

Assuming I had a son, I'd never let him wear an earring. Maybe I am too antiquated and conservative la..... :lol:
Please visit my value investing blog at http://sgmusicwhiz.blogspot.com
Musicwhiz
Boss' Right Hand Person

Postby winston » Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:11 pm

Ha Ha .. and what are you going to do when he turns 18 ? Ok, maybe in Singapore, he will listen to you till 25. What then ? You are going to control him after 25 ? Dis-own him if he does not listen ?

To wear a earring is your values. It may not be his. All we can do is explain to him why he should not wear an earring.

It's then up to him whether he wants to listen to you. He can take your orders until 18, 21, 25 but certainly not after 30 :P
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby helios » Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:29 pm

Well. Assuming you've a daughter, aren't you going to say that all girls need to wear ear-rings?

Traditionally, most parents send their girls for ear-piercing at an early age ... (feminine beauty?) ...
helios
Permanent Loafer

Postby winston » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:10 pm

If you have read those Feng Shui books, it's very bad to pierce your ears. No more luck after that ....
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby millionairemind » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:42 pm

Like MW, I am pretty conservative and hence would not like my son to wear one.

However, if he wants one at 18, I would probably explain to him Y. I would be especially concerned with the ones that will cause long term disfigurement to the ear lobes.

If he still insists on having them, he will have to bear with the consequences...

All through my life, I alone decide on what courses I want to take when I was streamed in Sec 3, which secondary school and junior college I want to go to and which major I would take in University. The main reason was because both my parents were illiterate. I tot that was a good way to learn to be independent.

I guess by the time he is 18, I would hope that he would be mature enough to decide and weigh the consequences. :D

Last edited by millionairemind on Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

millionairemind
Big Boss

PreviousNext

Return to Archives